The Rock - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Rock Reviews

½ April 25, 2017
Oh so cheesy but fun action romp.
April 25, 2017
An all out guns blazing, action packed extravaganza!
½ April 12, 2017
When hidden systems are in place when we see they need to be in place when we need to see the worse ever happening to be prepared for. When we see the system fails us when those whom we select to protect us see us as the enemy when the system fails them. When once sworn to serve, we see our vary own let those down that we change sides and become enemies. When the system doesn't keep an eye of all whom they see is honored to serve us we do see that they failed those whom we once relied on. When all we wish to see is what we deserve yo take it by force, when being a Patriot in the same country we wish to serve we know more then any other Patriot or American that we know all of ins and outs this country has to offer but other things we have no access to change some outcomes from happening.

When we see that there are contingency plans in place for some outcomes, that we haven't thought through but could work to outsource our service to those unseen and unnoticeable that our system creates those whom are in and out hidden and seen under a greater systems eye.

When we are asked for loyalty to serve a higher power whom we see and can not see when we put them under watchful eye hidden that we know we see would cost us a lot. When we see the the world's greatest power and wealthiest asked us to serve them we see our services don't come cheap. When we see that their are lives at stake, to see to their safety.

When somethings we don't see that we think we see, we just know why we see it that way when governments have other plans when safeguarding and protecting somethings that we make room for other things to save money, good eyes & resources on the ground.

When we see such measures are in place but if they fall into wrong hands, turn against us, or become devided into what they see is right, we can compromise this country and what it stands for when it gets out. When we don't see what secrets our great powers keep from us when they are hidden, waiting to be unearthed when time comes.
March 28, 2017
Love this movie!? San Francisco The Rock/alacratraz! Love this movie! A bit sad. A classic!!!!!!!!!!?
March 28, 2017
One of the best popcorn flicks ever made. The pinnacle of Cage's style of eccentric acting mixed with Bayhem and one-liners.
March 20, 2017
Not a Michael Bay fan, but I like this film. It's one of the better action film of the past fifteen years.
March 1, 2017
Rating: 76%
Though it lacks a considerable amount of substance compared to other action films, The Rock is still a suitably explosive and fun thriller that will keep most audiences engaged.
February 21, 2017
Grade - C
Whilst 'The Rock' may have some good action scenes (and some not so good ones) and an excellent score, it suffers with story, characters, logic and just about everything else. The acting is passable, but unless you find yourself enjoying non-stop, no stakes action, then I'd recommend skipping this one.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 15, 2017
Classic action movie.:)
January 2, 2017
It was a solid action movie. The plot was interesting and it moved at a quick pace. Had a great cast of characters and actors.
½ January 1, 2017
The Rock is good old-fashioned cornball action at its best.
½ December 22, 2016
Absurd and utterly pointless, "The Rock" has a lot of testosterone, but too little intelligence to hold my interest.
December 18, 2016
I saw this movie as a kid when it first came out - this is top tier action with a soundtrack that i'll NEVER forget.
½ December 15, 2016
While watching The Rock I can certainly see some of the hallmarks of Michael Bay's modern mindless blockbusters, but there's a spark in this movie that sets it apart. First and foremost there is a great script. I love the unique motivations of many of the characters, and the way that it portrays at least one heroic villain and one villainous hero. The framework of the story is brilliant and gets you engaged from the beginning, even when they take some time to introduce characters so that we understand their quirks and sympathize with them. In my opinion, this is Michael Bay's one-and-only masterpiece!

It doesn't hurt that The Rock has the best cast that Michael Bay has ever worked with. Sean Connery proves he hasn't lost a step as he is easily one of the most intimidating characters in the film. He delivers iconic lines with such ease that he puts other actors to shame. Nicolas Cage is reined in enough that his style of crazy makes the character more engaging, but not totally insane. Ed Harris is the linchpin of the film, though. The portrayal of this General who truly believes in what he is doing, but also has a secret reluctance to go through with the darker aspects of it, could have been ruined if it wasn't done right. Harris sells it completely.

I'm willing to admit that there are aspects of The Rock that are extremely far-fetched. However, this is the type of action film that is allowed some stretches in logic, and I don't even think about it when I'm watching. The story takes me on a ride and I enjoy it from start to finish. There might even be some segments of the movie that could be trimmed down or removed (particularly before the team infiltrates The Rock.) But I value the opportunity to engage with these characters more in order to learn about their personalities. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I can understand what might make some people hate this or even equate it with Michael Bay's other terrible films, but I'm willing to overlook those flaws and even credit them as positives. This is one of those movies I haven't seen in years, and yet I still love it like I did the first time.
½ December 12, 2016
Winners go home and fuk the prom queen...
November 7, 2016
The perfect definition of a "Popcorn Flick". A film that rides the perfect line between being too over-the-top and being too serious. Great performances by Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage, and Ed Harris. You can tell that they are all having a blast acting in this movie. The action scenes are spectacular! Some great gun battles and a pretty wild car chase through the streets of San Fransisco. This movie also comes with its fair share of comedy. Nick Cage and Sean Connery have some pretty great banter between each other and work well as the film's two leads. If you have a bunch of buddies around with some snacks and drinks and are looking for a good time, then "The Rock" is a good choice!
October 17, 2016
It definitely has some super cheesy moments, but is still a fun, action packed movie.
½ October 15, 2016