A Time to Kill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Time to Kill Reviews

½ April 2, 2018
A handsome film filled with nearly every southern cliché - including the lack of widespread air-conditioning. And yet, regrettably, the cliché's exist, even today - a kind of Red State ethic. But talk about a dazzling cast doing a nice job. The end seems more fanciful than likely but it's a good entertainment - and with some credibility since the author of the book from which this was adapted is a lawyer. Some jury room delibs would've been interesting but the film already is too long. In all, worth a look ... PS: Don't the '90's look quaint and lovely looking back from the present? | ~ Norm de Guerre
January 29, 2018
One of the best films that I have ever seen.
½ January 8, 2018
The long runtime flies by.
December 31, 2017
His is a great movie.
December 31, 2017
Will be reading the book
December 16, 2017
Ridiculous, overwrought, utterly superficial in its message-yet still one of the better Grisham thrillers, if for no other reason than the sheer charisma of the cast.
November 13, 2017
This movie is okay, but nothing to get too excited over. It has a decent premise, but as far as its legal mumbo jumbo goes, it takes a lot of liberties. It is worth the watch, but it feels like it is way longer than it needs to be.
November 10, 2017
This movie is almost ridiculous. The characters are outlandish and too extreme. The only reason I? even have it two stars is because he story line had potential.
July 31, 2017
1962 Was 34 Years Old In 1996 And 1927 Was 69 Years Old In 1996 As Well.
June 30, 2017
Carl Lee Hailey (Samuel L. Jackson) is a heartbroken black father who avenges his daughter's brutal rape by shooting the bigoted men responsible for the crime as they are on their way to trial. He turns to Jake Brigance (Matthew McConaughey), an untested lawyer, to defend him. Brigance struggles to believe that he can get Hailey acquitted in this small, segregated Southern town, given Hailey's race and the deliberate nature of his crimes, but Carl has unshakable faith in him.
June 28, 2017
With Mr McConaughy have only a few film roles under his belt when taking this role, he surpasses every expectation. When he gets a role, he throws himself into each and every one of them and always gives an absolutely sturdy and strong performance. Albeit this film being 2hrs and 30minutes long, this is a film not to be missed, the sheer connection to each and every character, through each character is something to be witnessed. With beautiful and equally strong perfomances from Samuel L. Jackson, Ashley Judd, the 2 Suterlands, Charles S. Dutton, Kevin Spacey and Sandra Bullock this movie will hit you in many different ways. An absolutely amazing cast of actors and actresses as well as a beautifully acted film from an equally compelling book. Dont miss your chance watching this... youll be missing out.
May 3, 2017
really good thriller about a man who seeks revenge on the men who raped his 10 year old daughter .His actions get him into serious trouble and he seeks the help of a top lawyer who must battle for justice
½ May 1, 2017
When we are backed into a corner to fight for what is right, fight for others whom couldn't fight back, fight for our livlihood, and fight to be seen in the face of the law we don't back down. When the flames get too tough, we are backed into a corner, we whether the flames and back out or back fire. When we have all sorts of backing from our supporters, members, friends and a good man whom has a keen eye for justice to have our backs.
April 15, 2017
The acting is superb, but the plot really did not age well. Legally speaking, it sets a precedent to allow Punisher-style vigilantism. There is also a white savoir complex that becomes noticeable around the same time that the NAACP is painted as a group looking to cash in.
½ February 23, 2017
Pretentious with horrendous overacting. It's not even half the movie that To Kill a Mockingbird is, so let's stop the comparisons. (First and only viewing - 9/17/2009)
½ February 13, 2017
It's solid filmmaking but it could've been a lot better - more complex, deep and less naive when it comes to final speech.
February 1, 2017
Great film. So well done, you know a film is great when it's this long and your not bored. The premise is great and really well executed. Bit to long but besides that it's great
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 18, 2017
This was an exceptional film. At no point did I know how it would end and the unpredictability of it was perhaps what kept me glued to my seat. The actors were also very talented and incredible to watch.