Batman & Robin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman & Robin Reviews

December 2, 2016
by far worst in the series
½ December 2, 2016
To me, George Clooney's the worst Batman, and the whole film was a joke. Watching it is a waste of time! Joel Schumacher even apologized for making this damn crap.
½ November 24, 2016
It is nearly impossible not to feel ashamed for everyone involved in this mess (especially Joel Schumacher), an over-the-top disastrous movie whose actors look like flamboyant drag queens in a colorful carnival parade uttering some of the worst lines ever written.
November 21, 2016
He was okay, but someone else could had played batman part. George Clooney was awful and Arnold Schwarzenegger was better than somewhat of others playing evil. Tho Uma Thurman was hot.
½ November 11, 2016
All I can say is eww!
jamrcla
½ November 10, 2016
Too kid friendly and silly, One of the worst Batman films there ever will be, Maybe Adam Wests Batman movie wins it for worst Batman movie thanks to being so cheesy you could make enough cheese sandwiches to feed The Justice League, George Clooney wasn't that bad of a Batman but with stupid one liners, Terrible plot and Arnolds annoying ice jokes just gets too much and gets very boring very quick.
½ October 25, 2016
I worst batman film ever they destroyed the legacy of batman when they made batman forever and now there just making it even worse with cheesy jokes terrible action and stupid quotes like bat nippels and they structured the batman costume so terrible that bats couldn't even move his neck at least now we have good batman films like the dark knight franchise and batman vs superman
½ October 23, 2016
This movie is, well, bat nipples.
½ October 19, 2016
One of the worst pieces of garbage ever made. If you've seen the movie you probably think the same. If you thought "Batman Forever" was bad you've seen nothing yet. The plot is terrible, the performances are terrible and the direction is terrible. This movie is simply unforgivable.

1/10 - Garbage
½ October 16, 2016
Man, it is hard to talk about this film without laughing. Yes, it is that bad. Everything in this movie is a massive failure, from the sets to the script. You know what, let's talk about the script. It is so poorly done, such an atrocity, that it's so hard to take the film seriously. Sometimes I wonder what the heck Joel Schumacher was thinking when he directed this film. The movie opens with the titular characters suiting up, but the shots zoom in on their butts. I'm not even joking.

It just gets worse from there with the introduction of Mr. Freeze (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger), a character that is supposed to look and act like a total badass, but ends up being a pun-spewing mess of a villain. He says some corny ice joke every few seconds in this scene, and it gets so annoying. Here's a fun one. "What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!" I mean, that's not even accurate. Then we're introduced to Poison Ivy (played by Uma Thurman), and she is probably the best part of the movie. At least she posed a real threat to Batman and Robin. Bane is thrown into the film too, and I'm not even sure why. He's not methodical and smart, like in the comics. He just follows around Ivy and does whatever she asks. And then there's Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl. You'd think that Schumacher would at keep her as Barbara Gordon like the comics, right? Wrong. In the film, she's Barbara Wilson, niece of the butler Alfred. If Silverstone was a good actress in the movie, I'd be fine with it, but she plays her character so horribly. Plus, she's supposed to be a main character, a major part in the movie. But she barely gets any screen time. And Schumacher didn't just use that "butt shot" on Batman and Robin. He used it on Batgirl, too. And I think that's sexist, to be honest.

Another thing I hated about this film is that Robin is a whiny little brat most of the time. I just hated how he didn't take his mentor's words into consideration most of the time, being very impulsive yet again. He's always saying stuff like "It's Batman and Robin, not Robin and Batman, and I'm sick of it!" He's the Anakin Skywalker of the movie.

Now let's talk about the villains' big plan. Freeze and Ivy decide to join forces, and their evil scheme doesn't even make sense. They plan to build a giant freeze ray, wipe out civilization, and allow Ivy's mutant plants to take over the world. Let me explain why that's stupid: plants can't grow without heat, geniuses! If the whole world is frozen over, how will the plants grow? That's some pretty dumb thinking, considering the pair were both scientists before becoming supervillains.

The villains' costumes are the one of the only redeemable parts of this film. Mr. Freeze's suit doesn't look bad, Poison Ivy's hair and costumes are both well done, and I prefer Bane's Luchadore mask over the thing Tom Hardy wore in The Dark Knight Rises. The heroes' costumes are the exact opposite. There's freakin' nipples on them! Even Batgirl's suit has them!

This movie is a joke. A horrible, sexist, piece of crap joke. The story is bad, the villains are bad, the script is bad, the actors are bad, everything is bad!
½ October 15, 2016
AARGH, THE HORROR! No, seriously, this turd can go burn in the seven circles of hell for all I care! Not even watchable, even if you're drunk, or high! The only good thing that came out of it? Director Joel Schumacher apologized to all of us, saying his only intention was to entertain! Thank you Joel, that means allot! But still, a wonderful example on how not to do a Batman feature!
½ October 15, 2016
Batman Forever, Clooney Edition, is the worst superhero film I have seen so far. The only redeeming qualities are it's score, and some of the practical effects. However, those ca't distract me from the gimmicky cinematography, that films everything at dutch angels, and makes it impossible to watch during action. The clumsy editing, which leads to incredibly obvious dubbing, and some of the most drawn out and pointless scenes in history. The acting, which is somehow worst than Batman Forever. The characters are all incredibly boring, detestable, or just plain stupid. The story and the tone go together like chalk and cheese: let's make Mr Freeze say really bad puns, while having his whole motive being about saving his wife from a terminal illness. Finally, the bigger budget just lead to more insulting costumes and special effects, and set design that looks like neon Blade Runner. There's a reason people said this killed Superhero films.
October 9, 2016
The coolest film I've ever seen. Nothing else ever gives me the chills like this masterpiece does. A sub zero script played out in a crisp manner.

5/5
October 2, 2016
A laughably terrible movie, with puns coming every couple of seconds, for better or worse, mainly worse (and I love a pun). The acting is shocking, the story is atrocious and with a cast and budget like this you wonder how this actually got made without anyone thinking, 'what are we doing?'. But worth a watch to laugh at it, rather than with it.
September 28, 2016
Embracing the pantomime that Burton tried to pretend wasn't dominant in his movies, this can fun in the way Adam West's incarnation was. However, it's not nearly as amusing as what we got 30 years before with none of it seeming as clever, relying too much on one-liners and slapstick, and it is never clear whether it is meant to be taken this way, it lacks self-awareness. If you are expecting anything other than this and try to watch it as a serious movie it is horribly cringe-worthy with execrable dialogue, the series worst performances and usual lack of suspense. Surprisingly, though, there are a few breaks in the puns for some of the series most heart-felt moments.
September 26, 2016
A lot of people have issues with this movie and rightfully so. However, I can't bring myself to hate it as much for one reason, it's too funny to hate. Not funny in the traditional writing good jokes way, but the lines and characters are just so laughable it makes the experience totally worth it. I feel like this is the definition of a so good it's bad movie for me.
September 25, 2016
NO GOD
OH GOD PLEASE NO!
September 23, 2016
Ome of the worst movies of the last 25 years. It appears the target audience is 8 year old boys.
September 23, 2016
I'm so happy that this movie showed the entire world just how terrible of a character Batman truly is.
½ September 11, 2016
I feel that the only goal for Schumacher was to simply put the official team of Batman and Robin together in an entire film. Easily the worst one in the series and while I may appreciate George Clooney, he didn't make the best hero replacement for the film. Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze however was actually a pretty decent enemy, but was overqualified for this crappy movie. Sadly one of the worst I've seen.