Batman & Robin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman & Robin Reviews

½ July 21, 2017
One of the worst movies ever made. It's so bad that I can't even take it seriously.
½ July 17, 2017
Mindless, too campy, and badly over-the-top, Batman & Robin is actually semi-enjoyable once you find out Joel Schumacher made it that way on purpose. The script seems like it was written specifically to make no sense, and it probably was. Mr. Freeze is actually a terrifying villain - until he opens his mouth that is. His ice puns may be cheesy, but most of them actually made me laugh, especially "Let's kick some ice." Despite his great performances in other movies, George Clooney will probably go down in history as the worst Batman. Basically, the movie plays out like a live-action cartoon, which is surprisingly entertaining, but only to a point. No matter how hard anyone in the movie tries, they can't save it from itself.
July 14, 2017
Batman and Robin is a good movie I loved it I don't understand why critics gave this movie 10% I don't agree with that!! I thought it was a good movie with a good cast!
½ July 13, 2017
Batman & Robin had no chance of redeeming Schumacher's previous disaster. This sequel is a mindless and cringy mess.
½ July 12, 2017
This movie was so reviled, while Batman Forever was so inexplicably praised (by Roger Ebert and Entertainment Weekly no less) that I actually felt bad for Joel Schumacher - since he didn't really do much different from one movie to the next. If you must fault someone, fault Uma Thurman who acted with all the grace of a drunk girl on her birthday, throwing plants at people.
July 10, 2017
Just bad. Batman & Robin is a terrible film. Over the top acting surrounded by an atmosphere or neon lights. It seems to take great pleasure in destroying beloved characters.
July 7, 2017
It can only be a guilty pleasure at best. This is a movie that its so incredibly bad, but I can enjoy watching it. I can get through it just fine cause its an entertaining bad film.
½ July 1, 2017
"So bad, it's good" are the words that describe this movie. Seriously though, are we really to believe that this is what Schumacher was trying to accomplish? I can see on what he was going for (A more cartoony lighthearted approach to the Batman franchise), but I just can't see on how this would actually work as an overall film. Batman is supposed to be edgy, mature, and more dark because that is what makes him stand out. But this just doesn't do that. I would never recommend this to Batman fans, or anyone else for that matter. But if you do for whatever reason see this film, know that you will be disappointed.
½ June 28, 2017
I hate this movie with a burning passion.
½ June 27, 2017
F-
After seeing the Dark Knight I was excited to see another Batman movie. My biggest mistake was watching this movie. This movie is completely a disaster. They have a great cast that all hurt their careers by being in this movie. The only reason it gets half a star is because I couldn't rate it without giving it at least half a star. Nothing is good in this movie. The story is horrible, the acting is horrible, the costumes are horrible, and the directing is especially horrible. Only watch this movie if you want to laugh at the worst movie ever created.
June 26, 2017
This is my least favourite superhero movie of all time. It tries to be funny which doesn't work for me. As well I did not think that any of the performances were good.

1.2/10
June 25, 2017
This movie is honestly watchable. Yes, the bat nipples and bat buttocks are silly. What I did like about this movie was the cast and their acting. George Clooney was not that bad as Batman, but could of been better. Chris O'Donnell was decent as Robin, Arnold Schwarzenegger was pretty solid as Mr. Freeze, Uma Thurman was wonderful as Poison Ivy and Alica Silverstone was great as Batgirl (even though she first appeared at the last 30 or 35 minutes of the movie). The story was a bit too cliche, but the movie in the end is a guilty pleasure.
June 22, 2017
If you try to watch this as a serious Batman movie it's horrible: constantly cringe-worthy with execrable dialogue and the series' most over the top performances (which is saying something). Surprisingly, though, there are a few breaks in the puns for some of the series most heart-felt moments, the sub-plot with Michael Gough's Alfred gives the great actor a chance to shine in his final appearance in the role. But this demonstrates how the tone is all over the place, for the most part going well beyond Batman Forever's cartoonish feel into Looney Tunes realms in thing like its physics and logic (or lack thereof); it's goofy and headache-inducingly garish. However, it's clearly meant to be a tribute to Adam West's incarnation and it is better if you can watch it this way, it's still not good, but it's better. The writing is not nearly as sharp as it was for the Batman we got 30 years prior, and it lacks the self-awareness that made that version beloved by older as well as younger audiences, but it can be entertaining, enough that it's not as bad as its reputation suggests.
June 21, 2017
B&R is a sequel in which all sequel badness is compared. It is, by far the second worst comic movie(Looking up only at you Halle Berry's Catwoman or down, as it were.), an absolutely atrocious piece of filmmaking of epic proportions. And I love every minute of it. It is so bad that it delves into that baddy goodness like precious few. It makes the Adam West TV Series look Nolanesque. Every time I watch it, I find new euphoric terrible that makes me smile from ear to ear and laugh hysterically. I give you two Arnold lines as proof, "The one constant in the Universe is, everything" (wait for it) "freezes." or this gem... "What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!" The great thing is, George Clooney and director Joel Schumacher have both publicly shouldered the blame. It takes much more than two men to fail on this scale. But thank you to everyone involved, you have produced an ice cold mess of fun picture.
½ June 20, 2017
A horrible, terrible, meandering, pointless, stupid, idiotic, and turd of a film. This movie killed Batman until his 2005 resurrection in the terrific Batman Begins.
June 18, 2017
I personally think Superman 4 is worse, but just by a hair.
½ June 16, 2017
Campy to a fault, this movie is so bad it's memorable for all the wrong reasons making it hard not to watch it again and again for the most ridiculous superhero movie moments ever.
½ June 16, 2017
The worst batman ever made by far.
June 15, 2017
What the f*ck is this sh*t? Not sure why this movie was even made.
June 15, 2017
Batman Forever was decent, but this god awful piece of garbage is messy with bad acting and a straight up horrible script.