Batman & Robin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman & Robin Reviews

June 21, 2017
B&R is a sequel in which all sequel badness is compared. It is, by far the second worst comic movie(Looking up only at you Halle Berry's Catwoman or down, as it were.), an absolutely atrocious piece of filmmaking of epic proportions. And I love every minute of it. It is so bad that it delves into that baddy goodness like precious few. It makes the Adam West TV Series look Nolanesque. Every time I watch it, I find new euphoric terrible that makes me smile from ear to ear and laugh hysterically. I give you two Arnold lines as proof, "The one constant in the Universe is, everything" (wait for it) "freezes." or this gem... "What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!" The great thing is, George Clooney and director Joel Schumacher have both publicly shouldered the blame. It takes much more than two men to fail on this scale. But thank you to everyone involved, you have produced an ice cold mess of fun picture.
June 21, 2017
If you try to watch it as a serious movie it's horribly cringe-worthy with execrable dialogue, the series' most over the top performances and usual lack of suspense. Surprisingly, though, there are a few breaks in the puns for some of the series most heart-felt moments, the sub-plot with Michael Gough's Alfred gives the great actor a chance to shine in his final appearance in the role. Elsewhere it's not just cartoonish but Looney Tunes-esque in its logic (or lack thereof). However, it's arguably more consistent than its last few forebears; embracing the pantomime that Tim Burton tried to pretend wasn't dominant in his movies. It's best then to take it like Adam West's incarnation. The writing may be not nearly as sharp as it was for the Batman we got 30 years prior, and it lacks the self-awareness that made that version beloved by older as well as younger audiences, but it is better if you can watch it this way. It's still not good, but it can be entertaining.
June 21, 2017
Batman & Robin is an example of how to make a Batman movie (or any superhero movie for that matter).
½ June 20, 2017
A horrible, terrible, meandering, pointless, stupid, idiotic, and turd of a film. This movie killed Batman until his 2005 resurrection in the terrific Batman Begins.
June 18, 2017
I personally think Superman 4 is worse, but just by a hair.
½ June 16, 2017
Campy to a fault, this movie is so bad it's memorable for all the wrong reasons making it hard not to watch it again and again for the most ridiculous superhero movie moments ever.
½ June 16, 2017
The worst batman ever made by far.
June 15, 2017
What the f*ck is this sh*t? Not sure why this movie was even made.
June 15, 2017
Batman Forever was decent, but this god awful piece of garbage is messy with bad acting and a straight up horrible script.
June 14, 2017
It's fun and now it's a guilty pleasure for me. Not a quality movie, but a fun movie that I would watch again.
June 13, 2017
Wow. I really remember seeing this when I was little. I can't believe I thought it was cool. Adam West's Batman from the 60s did a better job than this. This is literally one of the worst movies ever made. It's so bad that it's good. It's a hilarious movie. It is just so dumb. George Clooney as Batman? Hello? Anybody in there? And what's up with the bat nipples? Seriously was anybody thinking when this movie was made. There are just so many things that make no sense. What happened to the vehicles in this. Alright I'm just done. There is nothing good in the movie. It spawned the two Mr. Freeze rides which are awesome and fun coasters at Six Flags over Texas and Six Flags St Lois but that's it. Those are the only good things that came out of this movie. F
June 11, 2017
This is my least favourite superhero movie of all time. It tries to be funny which doesn't work for me. As well I did not think that any of the performances were good.
½ June 6, 2017
This is as bad as it gets. Terrible writing, horrendous villains, unbearable side-kicks, and cringe-worthy gags are all that make up this way-to-long film.
½ June 1, 2017
I don't even think I need to explain myself.
June 1, 2017
Bla. Not very good at all as far as super hero movies go.
May 27, 2017
Literal garbage. Nipples on the suit, nuff said.
½ May 25, 2017
0.1/10
After seeing the Dark Knight I was excited to see another Batman movie. My biggest mistake was watching this movie. This movie is completely a disaster. They have a great cast that all hurt their careers by being in this movie. The only reason it gets half a star is because I couldn't rate it without giving it at least half a star. Nothing is good in this movie. The story is horrible, the acting is horrible, the costumes are horrible, and the directing is especially horrible. Only watch this movie if you want to laugh at the worst movie ever created.
½ May 20, 2017
The story is a disgrace to the comic book series it's based on for being way too bright and campy and not dark and brooding enough, the characters are a complete joke compared to their comic book counterparts as well as their Burton and Nolan counterparts, the acting is bad with some instances of overacting, the dialogue is embarrassing, the ice puns are terrible, overdone, and sometimes outright cringeworthy, and the costume work on the two titular characters is ridiculously laughable. However, some may find this theatrical folly so stupid and bad that it's actually somewhat entertaining. Either way, this is one of the worst superhero movies of all-time.
½ May 20, 2017
... You know what I am going to say. You just know it. This movie is absolute sh-
May 12, 2017
This Was The Only Batman Film To Get Critically Panned.