Batman & Robin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman & Robin Reviews

September 3, 2017
The fourth entry in the original Batman franchise goes off the rails at a rapid pace under the misguided direction of Joel Schumacher and the lackluster performances of George Clooney (as Batman), Arnold Schwarzenegger (as Mr. Freeze) and Alicia Silverstone (as Batgirl). Bombastic visuals and a dazzling production design don't do much to salvage the missing elements of humanness and intrigue that allowed the first two to succeed so well; it also lacks the fun and brazenness of the third. Uma Thurman is the only one who seems to grasp her character and have a little fun with it. Chris O'Donnell isn't half-bad in his second foray into Robin; but their roles are so secondary that it doesn't seem to matter.
½ August 27, 2017
Another entry in the Batman saga. Well made and features a great cast but miles away in comparison to the first two. This feels very camp and more comic like than the dark brooding Batman films by Tim Burton.
August 25, 2017
I can't say that it was one of the better BATMAN films but it is in my collection.
August 24, 2017
Tongue-in-cheek? More like tongue-in-Artie Lange's-Ham-Flower.
½ August 23, 2017
The world's first theatrically released toy commercial. A movie so bad, it's actually kind of incredible
½ August 22, 2017
I've seen enough to know how this film is
½ August 15, 2017
Robin: Where's the snowman?
Batgirl: Maybe he melted
Batman: No, he's just hibernating.
That are a few puns you will hear in this movie... trust me there's more (also that last one didn't make any sense, snowmen can't hibernate!)
½ August 5, 2017
An atrocity in every sense of the word!
½ July 30, 2017
This is the type of movie that you laugh at, not with.
July 29, 2017
This is my childhood I really like it as a kid and I still love it.
½ July 29, 2017
Here you have it. The worst Batman movie ever made! There is a lot going on in the movie and, unfortunately, most of it is complete noisy nonsense! There are people that will defend this movie...but I am not one of them. I only watch it every so often so that I can make fun of it.
½ July 21, 2017
One of the worst movies ever made. It's so bad that I can't even take it seriously.
½ July 17, 2017
Mindless, too campy, and badly over-the-top, Batman & Robin is actually semi-enjoyable once you find out Joel Schumacher made it that way on purpose. The script seems like it was written specifically to make no sense, and it probably was. Mr. Freeze is actually a terrifying villain - until he opens his mouth that is. His ice puns may be cheesy, but most of them actually made me laugh, especially "Let's kick some ice." Despite his great performances in other movies, George Clooney will probably go down in history as the worst Batman. Basically, the movie plays out like a live-action cartoon, which is surprisingly entertaining, but only to a point. No matter how hard anyone in the movie tries, they can't save it from itself.
July 14, 2017
Batman and Robin is a good movie I loved it I don't understand why critics gave this movie 10% I don't agree with that!! I thought it was a good movie with a good cast!
½ July 13, 2017
Batman & Robin had no chance of redeeming Schumacher's previous disaster. This sequel is a mindless and cringy mess.
½ July 12, 2017
This movie was so reviled, while Batman Forever was so inexplicably praised (by Roger Ebert and Entertainment Weekly no less) that I actually felt bad for Joel Schumacher - since he didn't really do much different from one movie to the next. If you must fault someone, fault Uma Thurman who acted with all the grace of a drunk girl on her birthday, throwing plants at people.
July 10, 2017
Just bad. Batman & Robin is a terrible film. Over the top acting surrounded by an atmosphere or neon lights. It seems to take great pleasure in destroying beloved characters.
July 7, 2017
It can only be a guilty pleasure at best. This is a movie that its so incredibly bad, but I can enjoy watching it. I can get through it just fine cause its an entertaining bad film.
½ July 1, 2017
"So bad, it's good" are the words that describe this movie. Seriously though, are we really to believe that this is what Schumacher was trying to accomplish? I can see on what he was going for (A more cartoony lighthearted approach to the Batman franchise), but I just can't see on how this would actually work as an overall film. Batman is supposed to be edgy, mature, and more dark because that is what makes him stand out. But this just doesn't do that. I would never recommend this to Batman fans, or anyone else for that matter. But if you do for whatever reason see this film, know that you will be disappointed.