Blade Reviews

• 2d ago

Really cool film. Great story, great pacing, great action scenes. What brings the film down is the poor CGI (Particularly with the blood scenes). Other than that, it's a good movie. Final verdict: 3 and half stars

• Oct 25, 2020

Still holds up as one of the best non MCU comic book films.

Still holds up as one of the best non MCU comic book films.

• Oct 20, 2020

The OG of first African-American Superhero with hardcore horror fans who loves vampire horror and awesome action fight scenes.

• Oct 13, 2020

Such a well made movie. Holds up strong!!!

Such a well made movie. Holds up strong!!!

• Oct 01, 2020

This movie help set the path for Marvel. You cannot day it isn't good.

This movie help set the path for Marvel. You cannot day it isn't good.

• Sep 28, 2020

Wesley Snipes as Blade is right up there with RDJ as Tony Stark for the best superhero casting possible. Unfortunately, the villain in this movie is so horribly miscast it almost ruins the whole thing. The first half of the film does an excellent job getting us into the violent and gritty universe of the comic book long before they became a standard hollywood affair. The ending though is so cheesy and dumb it really brings the movie down. And let's not get into the whole vampires can go out in daylight if they put on a little sunscreen thing.

• Aug 20, 2020

Wesley Snipes is the ultimate badass.

Wesley Snipes is the ultimate badass.

• Aug 11, 2020

I'll never understand the cult following of these movies. Perhaps if you're a fan of generic smug action stars, this is right up your alley, but I feel like there are far better portrayals of vampire slayers.

• Aug 10, 2020

Not great by today's standards but maybe for it's time.

Not great by today's standards but maybe for it's time.

• Michael M Super Reviewer
    Jul 27, 2020

One of those classic comic book films that I took way too long to see, Blade is just simply awesome. I don't know how objectively great it is, but I had so much fun watching it and was smiling through a lot. It's got a lot of goofy late-90s cheese in its style, but it's exactly the type of cheese I love. Blade himself is a fun character, and I really liked the way Wesley Snipes portrayed him. Sometimes he's seemingly a guy without reaction or emotion, but how I viewed it is more a guy who's aggressively in control of his emotions. You still see some lingering emotion, just hiding, and there is some character to that. The villain played by Stephen Dorff is also fantastic, one of those psychotic villains that's just entertaining as hell to watch. The plot, well, the plot is a bit goofy. Something about raising a vampire god and the vampire who bit Blade's mom. It's all a bit silly, and some of the logic really doesn't make sense in how this guy got enough power and henchman to pull off his plan in overtaking the main vampire council. But you still go along with it because the results are so much fun. Blade just oozes cool. It's dated in the best way and a lot of fun to watch.