Psycho - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Psycho Reviews

½ September 25, 2016
I love Psycho that much that I loved this movie
August 25, 2016
Only gets one because I love Vince Vaughn.
½ August 12, 2016
I've always had a sort of morbid fascination with Gus Van Sant's shot by shot remake of Hitchcock's highly influential 1960 thriller. No, it's really nowhere as good but I've always gotten a kick out of it.
July 27, 2016
This is a great remake. It brings new meaning to some of the lines and real terror to the murders, specially the famous shower scene, where you can now really feel the knife sticking in Marion's body. Of course, the original remains impeccable, but I really don't see why people hated this so much.
½ July 13, 2016
its a shot for shot color remake that no one needs
July 11, 2016
A shot-by-shot boring and insulting remake of Hitchcock's masterpiece.
July 7, 2016
The only reason I am giving the film this many is cuz I like the actors. Shame on you, Van Sant!
½ June 22, 2016
Better than its reputation. Still not great though.
June 6, 2016
Don't waste your time with this remake. It essentially rips-off every line from the original film along with some very poor performances and casting.
May 30, 2016
The only big plus is that hopefully this will push people to go watch the original
½ May 16, 2016
2.5/5 - not as bad as I recall after a repeat viewing
January 24, 2016
Despite an all star cast (and director) this remake was just that, a remake. Basically just copied the original and comes no where close.
December 31, 2015
The movie is not that bad. I would rather they do a updated shot for shot remake like this than to try and reinvent the character and fail miserably as was the case with nightmare on elm street
½ December 19, 2015
I hate this on a level as much as I love the original on the other side of the spectrum. This cheap junk is basically a SHOT FOR SHOT remake of Hitchcock's masterpiece. The only difference is its in color and a different cast. There are 2 reasons it gets one star is
1. William H. Macy portrayed Arbogast better because he is a better actor.
2. The music, while exactly the same is a lot clearer to hear since it was recorded by Danny Elfman with modern technology, so the just sounds clearer and not as staticky
Other than that TOTAL CRAP!!!
December 1, 2015
It's not really even worth renting.
½ November 30, 2015
Unnecessary, pointless, and...frame by frame ? What's the sense of it ? As Leonard Maltin's smartly pointed out : " an insult, rather than a tribute, to a landmark film" (Movie Guide 2015)
October 25, 2015
Gus Van Sant doesn't bring anything new to the table in his remake of Psycho, drowning his talented all-star cast under bloody waves of 60s nostalgia and shot-for-shot rehashing that fail to make up for the movie's relentless imitation of an everlasting Alfred Hitchcock masterpiece.
½ October 11, 2015
An interesting cinematic experiment from Van Sant with an excellent, unconventional performance from the underrated Vaughn.
September 29, 2015
A pesar de contar con la misma trama de la original, todo esta mal desde la direcciˇn, hasta la actuaciones son horribles.
½ September 17, 2015
This has got to be one of the worst remakes that I've ever seen in my entire life! There is no need to remake the original Psycho because it is already one of Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece. If Hollywood tries to remake one of Hitchcock's movies they'll get worse. Much worse. The only thing I find it different is the helicopter shot like what Hitchcock originally intended (it explains in the documentary of the original film), but that is not saying much. It is still a pointless remake.