10 Things I Hate About You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

10 Things I Hate About You Reviews

½ July 20, 2017
I think the actors did a great job. Larissa Oleynik, Julia Stiles , Heather Ledger and Joseph Gordon-Levitt . Did an amazing performance. The director is Gil junger. You can see it on the internet.
The movie is about this girl , her little sister, that is really popular,their " boyfriends" and a jock that wants to win the heart of bianca.
Personally I think the film is great . The story was great and the characters were great.
I recommend this movie to everyone !
July 15, 2017
i really want to watch it cuz its got heath ledger in it.
July 3, 2017
I will always have a soft spot for this movie. This is probably the only movie where I really liked Julia Stiles in. Heath Ledger and Joseph Gordon-Levitt also give really good performances as well. This movie is still worth watching even today...especially on date night.
July 3, 2017
The film is still likable after all these years and you can see why these actors moved onto bigger and better things. Ledger cemented the lovable rogue role and while Stiles almost steals the show, Levitt quietly shines in the supporting role. The sharp and clever script never hits a dull moment, the beats are razor sharp and the script never takes the low road. As teenage rom coms go, this is right up there and the acting from every actor is strong. It's a shame Ledger has passed as he had a strong presence that was shown in the films close to his death. This film gave him the first step to a bigger career and while the filmmaker failed to match anything remotely close to this film, this has definitely held up well so he created something special here. 03-07-2017.
July 1, 2017
i really enjoy watchin this film
June 18, 2017
Moderno e atual, mergulhada em uma esperteza e sinceridade verossímil. Heath Ledger é simplesmente mágico, não há nenhuma dúvida de seu talento. Sátira leve, misturada em proporções moderadas com um romance irônico, livre de demagogias recorrentes.
March 20, 2017
One of the better modern teen comedies
March 6, 2017
not as good as people make it out to be but not bad either
½ February 21, 2017
I have a real soft spot for good teen romantic comedies. I don't know why but there's still a sense of innocence to these love stories that captivates me. However, in my opinion 10 Things I Hate About You transcends its genre. Perhaps it's the fact that they gave the film a strong foundation by basing it on a Shakespeare play, or perhaps it's just the caliber of actors in the film. I'm not sure what it is, but I find this movie so entertaining. There's a lot of humor that is laugh-out-loud funny, particularly when Larry Miller goes to work. I also love how they make a number of jokes without calling attention to it. There are subtle things that happen in the background which are funnier because they let you discover it for yourself without needing constant terrible punchlines. The plot is elegantly constructed, and makes sense based on the personalities established for each character. The script is brilliant in the way it sets up those personalities without a lot of exposition. Most of the background character work is done through showing instead of telling, something that should be common sense but many modern screenwriters struggle with it. The film has 2 different romances that I find emotional and believable, which is 2 more than you'll find in many other rom-coms. I'm probably alone in taking 10 Things I Hate About You so seriously, but I think it holds up brilliantly, and I find watching it a delight every time.
February 6, 2017
There isn't much of anything to nitpick from this movie outside of having a predictable story, but the characters are so great that it doesn't really matter. It's funny, charming, and keeps you smiling throughout.
½ January 31, 2017
Pretty generic teen romance. I mean, not that I would know, but it just seems like I've seen it somewhere else. Over-reliance on love songs got annoying, but Heath was what kept me watching.
January 29, 2017
My favourite romcom to this date. I loved everything about it. From the acting to the plot (read script, the story is kinda old).
½ January 23, 2017
A genius plot and really funny and silly. I love it.
January 22, 2017
lovely, it made me cry
January 20, 2017
I love this movie and it's watch ability factor to it awesome movie to watch on any occasion.
½ January 4, 2017
though multiple plot points and character choices feel a bit forced, !0 Things I hate About You has a decent cast and a nicely updated script from it Shakespearean source material making for a fun 90's teen movie.
December 28, 2016
Not the average 90's teen comedy.
December 27, 2016
It took me a span of two weeks to finish watching this movie, because I had to watch it in chunks in order to emotionally process what was going on. The main character girl is stressful, because she tries to act a lot tougher than she actually is. The main dude was pretty annoying too, because he was so fake. But then at the end, Kat starts crying while reading her sonnet, and it just wrecks you, because you realize she is capable of wielding feelings. And then the main dude buys her a Fender guitar, so you learn to forgive him bc you can't really hold a grudge against someone who buys a Fender. Like WOW, that is a great quality guitar brand. Overall, a pretty good film to watch on a third or fourth date with your significant other