Adaptation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Adaptation Reviews

½ May 17, 2017
Interesting concept, poorly and self-indulgently executed.
May 10, 2017
I hated this when I first watched it. Over a decade later I gave it another chance. It's quite good and can't believe I disliked it so much
May 6, 2017
Levels and levels and levels of meta. And then some more levels.
½ April 20, 2017
Adaptation is a great movie, is a great way of telling how Charlie Kaufman became himself, it always makes you think about what's real and what isn't real, it's has such a smart script
March 29, 2017
Quite interesting but never astonishing.
SPOILER ALERT:
The main character laughs at the idea of using the multiple personality disorder motive or the serial killer motive in a screenplay because it is overused. Well, the movie itself uses the motive of a writer having a hard time producing his work and in the end writing about his struggles instead. Isn't this idea also a bit overused?
March 27, 2017
I love the actors, however I thought the movie was painful to get through. I was left feeling mentally dazed and confused.
March 10, 2017
SO META. But that's not a complaint.
Also bring back Nick Cage.
March 4, 2017
Had to watch it twice to fully appreciate it, like most of Kaufman's brilliant films. One of the greatest film writers of our time, period.
½ February 21, 2017
Spliced compartmentalisation.
½ February 3, 2017
A remarkably intelligent film that blends reality and fiction to make a humorous self-reflection about an author and his creative process, and it boasts some amazing performances (Nicholas Cage is excellent) and one of the most fascinating scripts I can remember.
½ February 1, 2017
About as meta as meta can get, it's hard to see where the film ends and Kaufman's struggles begin. It's original, funny, and patently Kaufman dark.
½ January 29, 2017
It offers an odd premise that may not be suitable for every kind of audience, but an incredibly smart script, an original idea and the always admirable direction of Spike Jonze makes for a delightfully weird ride, along one of Nicolas Cage's best performances in years.
January 28, 2017
Brilliantly clever! The recursive plot is a treat.
½ January 15, 2017
Loved it! Loved the characters, loved the whole idea! Adapt and change, adapt and change.....
½ January 6, 2017
Outstanding acting from Cage and Streep, a great plot with a fantastic and thrilling ending.
½ December 26, 2016
"You are what you love, not what loves you". Where do I even begin with this film? Being John Malkovich remained my favourite film from Spike Jonze ever since I saw it. This film has now taken it's place, and easily settles as one of my favourite films of all time. The notion of meta films is a hard one to appreciate, but this film is so very clever and bewildering. Don't believe me? Watch it! If you don't feel the same, the film covers that topic as well.
½ December 23, 2016
This was weird. Didn't liked it at all
November 19, 2016
Very good movie with an excellent plot with great acting by Nicolas Cage.
November 18, 2016
Non avendo idee riguardo la sua stessa sceneggiatura Charlie Kaufman ci regala un film che descrive il suo tormento con una sincerità fuori dal comune. La storia di questo film è qualcosa di estremamente innovativo e usa un espediente narrativo che personalmente non avevo mai visto in nessun film. I personaggi sono interessanti e ben sviluppati, il film in generale è molto divertente e provocatorio e penso che la sceneggiatura sia una delle migliori che io abbia mai visto. Di sicuro uno dei film più particolari del ventunesimo secolo (finora) che merita di essere visto da tutti gli appassionati di cinema.
½ November 5, 2016
saw it when it came out, in theater. As i recall i found it very confusing. And the writer in the movie supposedly wrote the movie Being John Malkovich, which IS a real movie?