Vitus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vitus Reviews

½ May 9, 2016
Funny story, quirky kid actor. If you like foreign films, give it a try.
July 25, 2015
Entertaining crowd-pleaser.
½ January 21, 2014
It's interesting to note some less-than-enthusiastic comments of others about 'yet another child prodigy story,' which proceed to harp on that single note without giving the film credit for it's strengths. For me, this fantastic performance by Teo Gheorgiu succeeds at rehumanizing the prodigy stereotype, has fun doing so, and THAT wholistic perspective helps make it an ideal family movie. Big deal, there's no Rach 3, Hammerklavier or Gaspard des le Nuit--for Vitus, this is not a shortcoming.
September 13, 2013
This was a great story and the cast was wonderful. I loved the final performance; it was a great way to end the movie.
June 27, 2013
I Thought it was very interesting, and the pianist was excellent
May 11, 2013
This is a remarkable film depicting a brilliant talent both in real life and in the film role that he portrays. Bruno Ganz and Teo Gheorghiu are paired in a unique and charming way and play off of each other beautifully. It is spectacular. In my estimation this is 5 stars+++.
February 24, 2013
One of my favorite films. Loved it!
½ February 22, 2013
Though not highly original, Vitus is slightly redeemed by its charm and compelling performances.
½ February 16, 2013
This was a lovely foreign film. A young talented boy enjoying all the adventures of life and very much appreciating the special relationship he has with his grandfather. As a grandparent myself I very much enjoyed this sweet film.
½ January 29, 2013
Vitus is a delight of a movie with an excellent cast, and wonderful script and direction. Precisely what I loved about it was the whimsical relationship of the grandfather and the boy, and the restraint used to keep this film from becoming the bombastic melodrama or slick Hollywood comedy that it could have become with a less sensitive director. Bravo!
January 29, 2013
Engaging and delightful!
September 17, 2012
Recomendada! Película super buena, inteligente, divertida y super cómica. Bruno Ganz excelente.
July 13, 2012
Una historia extremista, actuaciones aceptables, y una direccion precisa hacen de este trabajo un film encantador, pero inverosimil.
May 28, 2012
Do I want to see this? It involves a piano...
March 29, 2012
Fantastic movie, classy in every way. Ignore dumb comments from critics who can't stand anything that isn't violent, tragic, or contemptible in some way. Vitus is movie which has characters you actually like (what a concept!). No one is a felon, even.
January 15, 2012
In our queue in Netflix...
December 22, 2011
mad skills with the piano
December 8, 2011
:) sweetness accomplished w/o being corny. It felt real, may even be worth re-watching! The only bad part was having 11 yr-old Isabel dance w a broom.