High School Musical 3: Senior Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High School Musical 3: Senior Year Reviews

August 10, 2016
Best of the High School Musical movies!
July 18, 2016
This might be one of the best movies I've ever seen. It was exactly what I expected and loved every second. All the twists we saw coming were excellent. The only movie better than this is Labyrinth with David Bowie.
June 15, 2016
Excessively cheesy. The worst movie in the series by far, and just an awful movie musical in general. Disney should be ashamed of this! (First and only viewing - 9/30/2010)
May 10, 2016
i want to see high school musical 3 so bad u guys dont know how much i want to see this movie but i gues have to pay for it
February 28, 2016
i gotta see 2 first, however
January 21, 2016
i loved this movie when i was young
December 15, 2015
The best of the three.
November 12, 2015
Same as the second..
October 22, 2015
I love this movie. There are some great songs in this movie.
½ October 4, 2015
Probably the best one with the same corniness and catchy songs you expect from these movies.
August 29, 2015
Probably my favorite of the three, even though I'll skip seeing them again
August 11, 2015
A nice wrapped-up gift for the trilogy, High School Musical 3: Senior Year brings out a surprising performance out of Efron before he left Disney.
August 5, 2015
how do u watch the movie !!!!!
½ August 4, 2015
Great ending to a trilogy!! A good movie to watch and cry to as a high school senior
½ July 25, 2015
The final, best act of the DCOM musical trilogy was given a theatrical makeover that'd enhanced all the best elements and aspects enough to make this a grand finale at a level of a grand musical film. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
½ June 28, 2015
A satisfying end to the wonderful teen trilogy.
June 18, 2015
good I love it!!­~~­'
June 16, 2015
i want to se hsm 3 se├▒ior year cause it asome
June 2, 2015
Zac Efron. Growing up and graduation, but with singing. Yeah.
½ May 22, 2015
Sometimes, I think of myself as a superhero. I try really hard to defend the movies that aren't given a chance. And I feel like I've been defending movies like High School Musical my entire life. High School Musical 3 doesn't need a review; it's a triumph without even seeing a box office dollar. And at this point I've probably lost you.

Pull up a chair and grab a cup o' joe because I feel like telling you a story. Years ago, a movie was released. It wasn't seen on a silver screen and it couldn't be found in a blockbuster video store. No, this was a picture that was filmed in 24 days. Its soundtrack in five. In fact, the title wasn't supposed to stick either but no one could think of anything else so they released it as is. And much like thousands of movies, it was put on television. A made for TV movie that filled a few hours in a primetime slot. But something pretty remarkable happened. People watched. And not a few here or there...but 7.7 million people sat down and watched High School Musical.

Fast forward a couple of years. You're going to see the merchandising, the popularity (2 Emmys), the famed youngsters, another straight to television sequel (attracting 17.6 million viewers), and now a theatrical release. That's what I meant by triumph. Hollywood laid to waste by an original TV movie that debuted on the Family Channel (we Canadians don't have the Disney Channel). It's a beautiful thing.

So the question is does High School Musical 3 live up to the hype. In a word, sure. High School Musical is the type of film that makes everyone - young and old - check their ego at the door and force a smile. And if you've really checked in, you might even notice your feet pounding along to the energetic tunes.

Director, Kenny Ortega (Newsies, Hocus Pocus) is continuing the story of Troy (Zac Efron) and Gabriella (Vanessa Hudgens) as they make final decisions before graduating. The third installation tends to remind its viewers of a time when things were a little bit brighter, louder and sometimes messier. Let's face it we all have decisions to make. That's how life works, right? Make a decision - then make another one, and so on until the end of time. Well, remember back to the time before making those decisions was really tough? That first big one was a hurdle and that's what these stories are really all about.

I have to admit that after enjoying two films prior to Senior Year, it did feel like I was losing some great pals when that final curtain fell. But it was one heck of a ride. High School Musical may have made its claim to fame long ago, but the hits keep coming with this toe-tapping flick that could surprise you. You may just find yourself tapping your feet in the aisles while wiping your eyes with your palm. A very entertaining picture.