Get Him to the Greek - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get Him to the Greek Reviews

January 18, 2018
I really thought I was going to hate this movie, and though there are some parts that I was sitting there saying to myself 'how could i actually think this is funny' but at the end of the movie I realized it was damn funny!
November 24, 2017
The Fat Kid is Funny and that other dudes Nutts!!!
October 29, 2017
What's nice about Get Him to the Greek, is that anyone will remember a scene to talk about later. It's highly enjoyable.
October 28, 2017
Funny ? Only some scenes. Dirty ? Plenty of them.
August 5, 2017
A decent movie with some solid laughs, but at times seemed a little chaotic and irritating. The two stars make it easy to enjoy.
½ July 4, 2017
This was quite entertaining, specially the first half hour!
January 28, 2017
Admittedly I am a huge Russell Brand fan but I think this film stands up even without it's main co-star. Good songs, good jokes and great performances for the 2 leads. I also think that Puff Daddy shines with his out-there music producer. A great feel good film with songs that won't leave your head for days.
½ January 26, 2017
(Todo sobre mi desmadre - título en español) Un joven empleado de una disquera de Los Ángeles, Aaron Green (Jonah Hill), se ahce cargo de traer a la ciudad para un concierto al rockero británico Aldus Snow (Russell Brand), un drogadicto y alcohólico músico que vive al límite. Aaron quiere probar su valor como empleado a su jefe Sergio Roma (Sean Combs P-Diddy) mientras Aldus intentará reencaminar su vida y dar su recital para recuperar al amor de su vida Jackie Q, interpretada por Rose Byrne. Como en la mayoría de comedias, el gran trabajo cómico de Jonah Hill suele sacar risas del público con sus ocurrencias e interpretaciones
½ January 21, 2017
Great idea for a movie, absolutely hilarious and brilliant characters. It has its daft moments but there are some laugh out loud ones too.
December 11, 2016
Not a bad rewatch after many years. Worth it for the one scene with the fuzzy wall, so hilarious. I don't really like Russell Brand, I think he's probably an asshole in real life, much like his character in this movie, so that gets this film a lower rating.
Watched on Netflix with Sam on vacation in our hotel in Punta Cana, December 10, 2016.
½ November 25, 2016
Not as good as Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
½ September 23, 2016
It may be missing the depth of its predecessor but Get Him to the Greek is still a funny film with an interesting look at relationships and sexuality.
½ September 16, 2016
How can you not like this movie? Lol, too funny.
August 2, 2016
Not quite the seamless comedy "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was, but it's just as funny.
jamrcla
July 18, 2016
One of my favorite comedy films to date really really funny from start to finish would recommend to anybody who enjoyed Knocked Up, Pineapple Express etc, P. Diddy was so funny he made this film even more funny, A must see movie but not if you get offended easy.
June 30, 2016
Not that funny overall.
½ June 15, 2016
Get Him to the Greek is directed and written by Nicholas Stoller, and it stars Jonah Hill and Russell Brand in a sequel/spin-off to Forgetting Sarah Marshall about a talent scout for a record company that got a task to bring Aldous Snow (Russell Brand) to places to advertise his music concert, but Aldous makes the situation more complicated then ever due to him drinking and doing drugs. It was odd that there was a bit of a sequel to a comedy film that to be honest here, people didn't really ask for one. But hey, it's here, and I'm glad too as this was also a hilarious film that didn't felt like it was copying Forgetting Sarah Marshall. The humor is different, but it almost has the same guffaw impact that Forgetting Sarah Marshall had for me. Jonah Hill and Russell Brand surprisingly work together off pretty good as I never thought I'll see a movie with these two together as main characters. They have some funny moments with each other, and they are just really good. The songs are pretty catchy to listen to, and almost every time Sean Combs is in this, he makes me laugh really hard as he plays a very odd role, but it works to his advantage and is really good at it. Another moment that is funniest part of the film, is a cameo from T.J. Miller because the way it was set up was pretty funny, when it edits out to the next scene, it was hilarious as it borrow a trick from Forgetting Sarah Marshall only two times that was only for T.J. Miller's part, which was executed well in terms of its comedic timing, and then stuff happens and they end it very quickly, which made me laugh so hard at it that I come back to the scene again just to laugh again. It's just out of nowhere that I can't help but appreciate how delightfully random it was. If there's any problems that I have with it, it's probably the one part at the last act as it didn't seem that bit realistic knowing about the first 2 acts of them dealing with the situations, but that's a bit of a nitpick as I really enjoyed this movie very much that in terms of comedy films, Nicholas Stoller would be one of the directors that I would be looking forward to his films, even if it doesn't turn out well.
½ April 20, 2016
Awesome. Better than Forgetting Sarah Marshall!
February 7, 2016
If you saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall you have to see this.
January 30, 2016
Tipsy turvy meets topsy turvy! In the midst of utter chaos and short bread remain chipper, with this mind fucker!!