Get Him to the Greek - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Get Him to the Greek Reviews

½ November 25, 2016
Not as good as Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
½ September 23, 2016
It may be missing the depth of its predecessor but Get Him to the Greek is still a funny film with an interesting look at relationships and sexuality.
½ September 16, 2016
How can you not like this movie? Lol, too funny.
August 2, 2016
Not quite the seamless comedy "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was, but it's just as funny.
jamrcla
July 18, 2016
One of my favorite comedy films to date really really funny from start to finish would recommend to anybody who enjoyed Knocked Up, Pineapple Express etc, P. Diddy was so funny he made this film even more funny, A must see movie but not if you get offended easy.
June 30, 2016
Not that funny overall.
½ June 15, 2016
Get Him to the Greek is directed and written by Nicholas Stoller, and it stars Jonah Hill and Russell Brand in a sequel/spin-off to Forgetting Sarah Marshall about a talent scout for a record company that got a task to bring Aldous Snow (Russell Brand) to places to advertise his music concert, but Aldous makes the situation more complicated then ever due to him drinking and doing drugs. It was odd that there was a bit of a sequel to a comedy film that to be honest here, people didn't really ask for one. But hey, it's here, and I'm glad too as this was also a hilarious film that didn't felt like it was copying Forgetting Sarah Marshall. The humor is different, but it almost has the same guffaw impact that Forgetting Sarah Marshall had for me. Jonah Hill and Russell Brand surprisingly work together off pretty good as I never thought I'll see a movie with these two together as main characters. They have some funny moments with each other, and they are just really good. The songs are pretty catchy to listen to, and almost every time Sean Combs is in this, he makes me laugh really hard as he plays a very odd role, but it works to his advantage and is really good at it. Another moment that is funniest part of the film, is a cameo from T.J. Miller because the way it was set up was pretty funny, when it edits out to the next scene, it was hilarious as it borrow a trick from Forgetting Sarah Marshall only two times that was only for T.J. Miller's part, which was executed well in terms of its comedic timing, and then stuff happens and they end it very quickly, which made me laugh so hard at it that I come back to the scene again just to laugh again. It's just out of nowhere that I can't help but appreciate how delightfully random it was. If there's any problems that I have with it, it's probably the one part at the last act as it didn't seem that bit realistic knowing about the first 2 acts of them dealing with the situations, but that's a bit of a nitpick as I really enjoyed this movie very much that in terms of comedy films, Nicholas Stoller would be one of the directors that I would be looking forward to his films, even if it doesn't turn out well.
½ April 20, 2016
Awesome. Better than Forgetting Sarah Marshall!
February 7, 2016
If you saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall you have to see this.
January 30, 2016
Tipsy turvy meets topsy turvy! In the midst of utter chaos and short bread remain chipper, with this mind fucker!!
½ January 26, 2016
Jonah Hill is great and really makes the whole thing work; well that and the surprisingly candid characters. I have to say I don't really like Russell Brand but he's at his best here I suppose. Some parts of the film toward the end arguably suffer a bit for the films ambitions too, making it seem a bit tonally confused, but this is only a minor complaint. Really is quite funny!
December 20, 2015
Another washed up Russel Brand character and the same old fumbling Jonah Hill character in one not too great movies. It wasn't at all memorable and I certainly won't be bothered about watching again anytime soon, it lacked a lot and wasn't that funny, I honestly have seen better and worse, but this movie was just mediocre.
½ December 16, 2015
A record company intern must get a famous rockstar to an LA theatre.

Aaron Greenberg has to get British rocker Aldous Snow to the Greek Theatre for a guaranteed money making tour. Along the way Aaron is exposed to the life of partying, drugs and sex which has an effect on both of them.

Quite funny, not at all what I was expecting!
November 5, 2015
Get Him To The Greek is a very funny movie that is also equally insightful and emotional. It centers around Aldous Snow a character introduced in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Aaron Green, a young record producer who has to get Aldous from London to LA in 3 days. Russell Brand gives a outstanding performance as Aldous Snow a musican who dispite having a great deal of success has let his addiction to drugs and alcohol have pretty much ruin his life. Jonah Hill also gives a very good performace proving he can do
more than just be Superbad.
Unlike a lot of comedies this takes drug addiction very seriously and gives a realistic portrayal of how serious and awful it is.
Its also very very funny though not quite as funny as Forgetting Sarah Marshall it touched on deeper issues and continues Judd Apatows streak of great films.
November 5, 2015
Super funny, watched it three times and enjoyed it every time. Jonah hill is hilarious.
½ October 20, 2015
A decent spin-off of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, not as delightful and touching as that comedy but still very funny and surprisingly sweet, with great performances by Jonah Hill and Russell Brand. And remember, "when the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall."
August 21, 2015
Though the big finale and resolution are pretty anti-climactic, Russell Brand and Jonah Hill's chemistry meet substantial standards. A solid story line, scattered with unnecessary yet hilarious detours. Get Him to the Greek is an undeniably unique idea, and somehow manages to maintain a feel of charm and heart, despite being heavily infected with drugs, alcohol and violent humor. The dialogue is something else, and the characters within are crazy, charismatic and imploding with charm. A solid comedy for the not easily offended, and a burst of raunchy dialogue and excellent chemistry between two excelling actors.
August 3, 2015
Get Him to the Greek is genuinely funny, it had me laughing out loud even when I've seen it multiple times. In fact I watched it multiple times because it has so many memorable scenes which are so well written. The story is a good one, a role Brand is born for. His charisma and intellectual humour comes across very well and brings a lot to the table. In fact the on screen duo with Jonah Hill actually worked well and made Hill more likeable. The jokes are well crafted and of high quality, its generally a well made comedy with some subtle jokes and references peppered by some hilarious moments. One of my favourite comedies for sure.
July 30, 2015
super funny with a great story and was surprisingly moving at times. jonah hill was great and the whole thing was well written and funny (4 viewings)
July 27, 2015
The running time kills this one, it has a lot of funny parts, but the movie is long so the funny parts are so far apart that to much happens between them to set them up to actually get the audience to laugh. Don't get me wrong, it had some laugh out loud moments, quite a few of them, but like I said, they are so far apart that the movie doesn't flow like it should...P. Diddy definitely carries this one, and Furry Walls will be stuck in your head for a while.