Did You Hear About the Morgans? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Did You Hear About the Morgans? Reviews

August 29, 2016
Ok to watch. But you will soon forget you have seen it.
½ August 25, 2016
Sarah Jessica Parker looks like Jason Voorhees crushed her face, and then she turned into a witch.
½ May 24, 2016
This is one of the funniest movies I loved it
April 25, 2016
Hugh Grant really has a thing for Americans, In his comic romantic tale of a middle age seperated couple who get put in Witness Protection, and obiously from that it rolled into them getting back together, but it was still entertaining to watch how. Really charmingly funny and sweetly romantic like any other thing with Hugh Grant in. With a good cast of Mr Charming Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker as the main couple, Throw in Sam Elliot and Mary Steenberg (You know that one that turns up in too many films) and we have a really good entertaining and heart-warming flick that is garrenteed to keep you entertained.
½ March 11, 2016
Set on the backdrop of a lovely rural town was a couple on the verge of total breakdown but forced to stay under the same roof for their crime scene witness protection. And their relationship was on the mend, however it happened was difficult to gauge but then this is a romantic comedy where most things happen without the need for a clear explanation. It's very soapy but not too testing on one's patience. Wyoming is beautiful. The lead actors are beautiful.

Overall, no lessions taught, but gee, I long for a holiday just with my wife and nothing else.
September 30, 2015
The movie is not very original - a couple with a troubled marriage being forced to confront their issues in an unusual circumstance. If you are looking for light humour, this movie fits the bill
July 19, 2015
Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker were just not convincing as a married couple. I know they're supposed to be having marital difficulties, but I didn't believe that they ever were able to talk to one another. Hugh Grant's bumbling Englishman and S.J. Parker's snooty New Yorker end up in a tiny town out West in witness protection. Of course, everyone in the fictional Wyoming town where they end up play the stereotypical county folks with tough exteriors, but hearts of gold. The bad guys find them; the good guys win. Silly, predictable movie.
July 18, 2015
DUUDE! HUMOROUSLY BOGUUUS!
½ May 11, 2015
Love the two of them together. An ok storyline.
½ April 13, 2015
This film was just annoying as SJP's character inside.
March 31, 2015
Entertaining and funny enough even if entirely unsurprising, of course. Grant and Parker seemingly still enjoy playing the same character over and over and their chemistry works. Overall likable and with a few good laughs. No regrets on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
½ March 17, 2015
Wasn't terrible, wasn't great. Wasn't a movie I'd be sad to have missed. But I don't feel like I wasted 2 hours of my life. Then again I did spend the entire movie doing laundry, cleaning the house and backing up my computer. Oh and balancing the books. So I suppose I didn't waste the time ;)
There was ONE good joke in it...and I can't remember what it was.....I'll have to remember and post later. It was past the half way point and the only moment that David and I laughed ;)

Edit: re watched it while doing laundry and cleaning house years later and didn't remember enough of it to be convinced I'd watched it. Guesss I liked his vows.
½ March 3, 2015
There are a few chuckles in this predictable film that combines a fish-out-of-water story with a rom-com about a married couple who end up in witness protection together just as their marriage is falling apart. They get sent from their posh New York City lives to a tiny rural town in Wyoming while police track the killer who's tracking them. The premise is ludicrous, but there's some chemistry between Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker as the bickering couple.
½ January 26, 2015
It's not totally a bad movie, but the entertainment level is quite low - no ups and downs. Also, it's a rom-com without the comedy. (C)

(Full review coming soon)
January 20, 2015
Malìsima no piredas tu tiempo vièndola.
January 19, 2015
Formulaic script with caricatures rather than characters
December 29, 2014
Hugh Grant has some funny moments and one-liners that made me smile, but in general this movie is utterly predictable, dull and with a flat story. Sarah Jessica Parker is terrible, over acting all the time. You just don't care about the Morgans nor want to hear about them. I give it half a star more because Sam Elliot and Mary Steenburgen are the only watchable presences in the movie.
December 13, 2014
Even the likeability of Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant can't save this. They don't have any chemistry and there is nothing funny in the script. Do yourself a favour and just skip it.