2 Days in the Valley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

2 Days in the Valley Reviews

July 19, 2016
After the success of Pulp Fiction loads of these type of crime flicks surfaced in the mid to late 90's. The cast is great in Aiello, Daniels, Stoltz and a menacing James Spader. A double twitch off Hatcher and Theron (the latter gets the charlies out) some good black comedy and although it is enjoyable, some 24 hours later it is somewhat forgettable.
½ April 29, 2016
Under-rated combination of early Tarantino and latter-day Robert Altman, with satisfying results. The premise: a few days in the San Fernando Valley where cops, crooks, failed writers and innocent civilians mingle with one another during various plotlines that all become intertwined. The writing is clever, the performances on point, and the Hollywood satirical undertones are a near-perfect companion to the overall feel of this spontaneous gem.
½ April 24, 2016
This clever story kept me intrigued throughout by bringing its characters together in unexpected ways, leaving me wondering what could happen next. The villains are perfect - both terrifying and weirdly attractive - and the sort-of good guys had me wishing for a happy ending. It's thrilling, humorous and strangely romantic. A shame it doesn't have a higher rating.
January 10, 2016
Great sex scene. Fun and action packed violence.
½ April 27, 2015
I love a well done black comedy and this ones done well.
½ March 25, 2015
Surprisingly good Thriller-Sexy-Comedy with plenty of stars
December 23, 2014
great satire movie !!!!
October 12, 2014
I get what they were trying to do. They were trying to be clever having multiple plot lines tie up
June 23, 2014
I like this movie but it wasn't my favorite BUT James Spader was super sexy in this movie.
June 6, 2014
It gets put down a lot by being a archetype of the "Pulp Fiction" rip-offs that came out in the late 1990s, but even though it is that, I still thought it was a fun ride.
May 12, 2014
Even with a seemingly impressive ensemble, this just isn't a very interesting or engaging film.
March 10, 2014
Insignificant copy with Spader being the main attraction.

11/03/2014
March 2, 2014
good low budget thriller in this look at the various 'types' living in the SFV
February 16, 2014
A good movie perhaps with too many characters. It was not enough thrilling in my opinion. And I felt like sometimes there was no point made. But good nonetheless (not bad anyways).
½ January 5, 2014
James Spader's makes a memorable villain. This movie has humor and a decent crime story. Characters are treated as real, each has turmoil. This was one of the first movies that started pulling me away from caring about the budget size of a movie.
January 1, 2014
A very good, and often overlooked crime thriller, featuring excellent performances from its solid cast.
October 27, 2013
The potential was there to be so much more but nah. It's shit. Actually it's terrible. And it is frankly depressing to see this classified by some as a 'cult' film. It is no such thing. The roles of Theron, Hatcher, Aiello and Spader are forgettable and thrashy. They are also offensive in their portrayal of certain stereotypes...blonde women, sports stars, mafiosos, police and hit men.
October 17, 2013
Although the Los Angeles ensemble movie has been done several times before, this one includes some strong drama/thriller characters which makes it worth a look.
½ October 10, 2013
I hadn't seen this film since it first came out, and I quite enjoyed watching it again. Spader is excellent and I also enjoyed Aiello a lot. Give it a try!
½ June 23, 2013