30 Minutes or Less - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

30 Minutes or Less Reviews

½ October 31, 2017
Enjoyable, if not as funny as it thinks it is.
½ September 5, 2017
This is one of those movies that everyone seems to hate, but I actually got a kick or two out of it. For what it was I was very entertained. It is a tightly paced movie and I would recommend watching it once. It has a lot of haters though.
August 15, 2017
It's a mostly unsatisfying comedy that feels too generic. Yes, you have some very funny actors, but they can't make up for the lacking script and run of the mill writing. (2/5)
August 6, 2017
Unfortunately, this film was not as funny as it should've been. It has a decent enough cast...but suffers from a poor script and generally bad storytelling. There were a few lines that raised a smile but most of the time it felt like everyone is trying too hard and it doesn't quite work. Eisenberg is his typical gittery self..which can work in the right film (see zombieland, now you see me...) but gets a bit tired in this one. With some care and attention and a bit of polishing, this could have been very funny...but it just fails to hit the mark.
½ May 26, 2017
30 minutes or less delivers a few good laugh on time. predictable with no real conclusion, it was entertaining enough for me to talk about it.
½ May 16, 2017
For a comedy conceit, it worked, but there probably wasn't enough funny to make this more than a one-time watch.
May 1, 2017
Grade - E-
It's got a good opening scene and the it's a fairly well directed flick. The majority of the movies problems lie with the incredibly immature script and bad performances. The script reaches such a low that you honestly begin to wonder if a 12 year old kid was behind it.
½ April 23, 2017
The first film I have seen where it feels like parts of my brain have bled and flowed out through my ear canal and onto the floor.
I only have five words to perfectly define this film:
Vapid, mean, ugly, unfunny, and stupid.
Few films manage to piss me off with their lowbrow sense of "humour" and this one does.
Everybody involved in this project should be ashamed and embarrassed about themselves because they have contributed time into something that is not qualified to be a comedy...let alone something to watch for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
These films need to stop being produced because entertainment is made for the sake of entertaining us as human beings; not as pieces of filthy frigging garbage.
So yes, this film qualifies for being one of the worst comedies (and possibly films) that I have wasted my precious time on. There is no need for you to subject yourself to this film because you, the viewer, deserve to be treated with something smarter, funnier, and more respectful.
Hell, this review has taken more time and effort to write out than the writing that is present in this film.
½ January 3, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
December 25, 2016
Worth shit movie I have ever seen...
November 26, 2016
Bad, Silly and boring.
October 12, 2016
Thought this movie was very funny had alot funny references and scenes of action aswell
October 11, 2016
At first, both the character build-ups and some of the jokes fall rather flat, but, as soon as the action commences, "30 Minutes or Less" proves itself to be quite an entertaining, if overall inessential, crime comedy, benefitting by the quick pace, the several plot threads and the charismatic Aziz Ansari.
½ September 1, 2016
This film happened in real life and the victim died on live TV. And thats no comedy.
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
An ok crime comedy film with a good story and a few good laughs thrown in, I loved Zombieland so when I heard it was from the same director I was looking forward to it, But I was left expecting maybe a little more from this film, But on the whole a good watch.
July 3, 2016
Fun, frantic and light-hearted. Not a bad way to spend 83 minutes.
April 22, 2016
I wish the movie was 30 minutes or less instead of running around in circles. I know its a cheap shot but it deserves it. Watched it with big expectations coming after a hilarious ride in Zombieland but felt utterly disappointed with its half baked script resulting in actors trying too hard and loud.

Dwayne (Danny McBride) is being robbed of his inheritance and comes up with a plan to revive it by including his acquaintance Travis (Nick Swardson). They kidnap a bored pizza delivery guy Nick (Jesse Eisenberg), attach a bomb to his vest and orders him to rob a bank or they will blow him up. Nick tries to take help from his best friend Chet (Aziz Ansari) who has just parted ways with him.

Not that it does not have its moments but they are too few and rest of it is too crude. The storyline definitely has a potential to be quite funny and given the capable cast it could have been hilarious. But the writing goes bonkers pulling everything down along with it leaving too much for the cast who divulge to physical comedy for which they are not suited for. Running at over 80 minutes itself made me look at the remaining runtime at least 4 times through the course of the movie. A movie of this genre cannot afford to be boring being a thriller action comedy.

30 minutes or less runtime could have saved it
½ March 23, 2016
Certainly one of the more underrated stoner movies of the past few years, this film takes its ridiculous premise and runs with it. Admittedly, the frequent tonal shifts from serious action thriller to goof ball comedy are very jarring and will certainly turn off many viewers. However, this film keeps the running time short (a brisk 83 minutes) and wisely casts each of its leads in parts they are comfortable playing. This is not a movie for everyone and chances are you'll forget it entirely a month after you've seen it. However, it's ultimately a harmless little comedy and fun way to kill an afternoon.
Who'd like it? Anyone looking for a different sort of stoner comedy but don't want to spend much time on it.
March 19, 2016
I was entertained and laughing. So why wouldn't this deserve a 4?
½ February 26, 2016
Hilarious and I wish it was longer