A Bad Moms Christmas Reviews

• Jun 10, 2019

This is what happens when you get a random director who normally works on Chevrolet commercials to direct a feature. Were any lights used at all? Everything is so unbelievably flat and unimaginative, shot, reverse shot, wide, repeat. To say that nobody gave a single damn about this film on a [technical] level is an understatement. None of it works with the tone of the movie. And the music sounds like it came from a free website. Every performance is bad, so bad, phoned in, terrible, nobody talks to each other like this. How to write a film: exposition, ladies cussing, (insert rude/slapstick joke that falls completely flat). Wow, so hilarious. Has Mila Kunis EVER given a good performance? Everyone else is like an automoton, but with less energy and heart. This isn't so bad its good, it's just bad. Do not watch or even make the mistake of waiting more than 3 seconds to scroll past it on the free listing.

• Apr 05, 2019

It's what you'd expect

It's what you'd expect

• Feb 07, 2019

What happened? I LOVED the original Bad Moms. This one fell flat though, as sequels often - but not always - do. Because the friendships among the women have been formed already and the relationship between Mila Kunis and Jay Hernandez is solid, the filmmakers needed to find new tension to infuse into the story. Enter the crazy moms of our three "bad moms." Fine actresses, including Susan Sarandon! But the writing just falls short. The jokes aren't as good and the heart of the movie isn't as strong as the original.

• Dec 29, 2018

Horrible.,Trashy, obnoxious, offensive, garbage

Horrible.,Trashy, obnoxious, offensive, garbage

• Dec 25, 2018

pretty funny, a lot like the original. Characters are entertaining.

pretty funny, a lot like the original. Characters are entertaining.

• Dec 25, 2018

A very similar movie as the first with a different setting and a more focused issue (the stress of the holiday season). Just as absurd but less enjoyable overall.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Dec 24, 2018

Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, and Kathryn Hahn wreck shop in the raunchy holiday comedy A Bad Moms Christmas. When Amy's mother comes to visit, her plans for a small intimate family Christmas are upended; meanwhile Amy's two best friends are having mom problems of their own. Kunis and Bell are comedy gold, but Hahn's bawdy shtick doesn't work. The tone is all over the place, literally changing from scene to scene. And the holiday problems that the moms face are over exaggerated and aren't as relatable as the one's in the first film. A Bad Moms Christmas has its moments, but overall it's a slapdash sequel that doesn't quite come together.

• Dec 24, 2018

Lukewarm story and humor, but a bit of fun nonetheless. By far, the most entertaining performances are by the older women, with Christine Baranski (snobby mom) stealing the show. Their experience is obvious and appreciated. Of the younger moms, Kathryn Hahn (waxer) delivers the most comedic and interesting character. Mildly funny in spots, but you can certainly tell this movie was WRITTEN BY MEN, as their presumptive ideas of women and moms is somewhat mythical and misleading, while being warped and forced into the story where needed. While the shock value of educated women characters habitually using the F-WORD no longer exists (sadly), the attempt to push its use with child characters further damages the dialogue and does *not* generate hilarity...neither does the repetitive usage of ludicrous theft that demands too much suspension of disbelief for this story. As the movie also reflects, the writers seem obsessed with the phallic phase of their psychosexual development. What's produced next? Seth Rogen's script for a LifeTime movie for female stoners over 30? Nevertheless, 'A Bad Moms Christmas' is good for light, raunchy movie entertainment if you don't take it too seriously or expect too much...and this one is *not* for the kiddos.

• Dec 20, 2018

A Bad Moms Christmas has fun scenes and the actresses are talented enough to make this movie not completely unwatchable. But this Christmas-centric sequel suffers from being unnecessary and full of excessive Zack Snyder-esque slo-mo. And this is coming from someone who doesn't see that directorial trait as overkill. Also, good thing most of the character development from the last film is thrown away so that we can have more cheap laughs. Being simply raunchy does not comedy gold make, STX.

• Jesse O Super Reviewer
    Dec 16, 2018

I honestly don't understand the need for everything, nowadays at least, to become a franchise. Or for a successful movie to get a sequel, even if it might not warrant it. There's movies like Big Momma's House or Deuce Bigalow where, if you've seen it once, you don't really need to see it again as it would be repeating the same joke you already saw and it's, never, gonna be as funny the second time around. And, yet, both Big Momma's House and Deuce Bigalow received sequels. Two sequels, actually, in the case of Big Momma's House. Though, admittedly speaking, Big Momma's House and Deuce Bigalow were more gimmick-driven movies. It was about the gimmick and not necessarily about anything IN the movie. I don't think that's the case with Bad Moms, since there's no real one-and-done gimmick here. It's just that, honest, as successful as the original may have been, I don't think it needed a sequel. Then again, I am not a studio executive only focused on making money. Having said that, I mentioned the other day that the type of Christmas movies that I tend to gravitate to are those that aren't really your typical Christmas movies, be they raunchy comedies or horror. Not saying that these are always good, since Bad Santa 2 was fucking terrible. But those are the ones I gravitate to because they shy away from the saccharine and treacle that is associated with this genre. In many ways, this movie reminds me a lot of Daddy's Home 2, both of which came out around the same time. This movie came out nine days before Daddy's Home 2 and, quite surprisingly, both movies ended up being quite successful despite fulfilling the same basic niche Though, at the very least, this movie kept the tone of the original with its raunchiness, Daddy's Home 2 was a more 'family' friendly affair. Regardless, like Daddy's Home 2, this movie's remedy for being a sequel and keeping things "fresh" is introducing more mothers into the mix. Amy, Kiki and Carla's mothers are all introduced and the movie explores our lead characters' relationships with their mothers. Amy's mother, Ruth, is too controlling and dominating, wanting to do Christmas her way instead of respecting Amy's wishes, Kiki's mother, Sandy, is literally obsessed with her, needs to be near her all the time and imposes herself of Kiki's life, even at the most inopportune of moments (like when Kiki's about to have sex with her husband) and Carla's mother, Isis, is a bit of a deadbeat, only appearing in her daughter's life when she needs something. That's essentially what the movie is about. Oh and Kiki, Amy and Carla taking Christmas back and doing it their way, instead of doing everything they can to please their mothers, etc, etc, etc. That's all there is to the movie, really. And, you know what, it's not exactly bad. It's not good either. It's only slightly better than Daddy's Home 2. There's honestly really not that much to this. Christine Baranski, Cheryl Hines and Susan Sarandon are all great additions to the sequel and they all play their roles perfectly, particularly Ms. Baranski, who excels at these sort of snobby and dominating roles. That's why it's such a shame that the script doesn't give any of these women, all six of them, that much to do. They attempt to explore the relationship between these three and their mothers, but they only do it on the surface level. They all deserve much better and the movie just doesn't do anything with all of these talented women. There's a lot of raunchiness, which was to be expected. Some of it works and some of it doesn't. Like Carla falling in love with Ty as she's waxing his balls, taint and asshole. This one works. Perhaps it doesn't work as well as you might think, but it works regardless. This movie also suffers from a problem the original had and that is, when Amy, Kiki and Carla are all together having dinner or whatever, one of them says something that is meant to be funny, the others laugh to reinforce that you actually witnessed a joke. If you have to tell me to laugh at a joke then that probably means that it wasn't that good to begin with. They do this a few times in the film and it goes down as well a drinking a gallon of acid. Did I say that there's not much to this movie? Because there really isn't. I had no problem watching this and I never wanted to pull my hair out, but it's also quite frustrating to see talented comedic actresses not being used to their full potential. I just think that, and this is something I have mentioned a few times, they relied way too much on the talents of the cast instead of using both, their talents on top of a strong script. But, really, writing a strong script requires actual effort. Hell, maybe the script is even worse than I'm giving it credit for and the movie gets the rating it does because of the cast. Who knows??? Still, this a decent enough movie all things considered. Its narrative is nothing, its jokes aren't memorable but the cast is good enough and that helps overcome a lot of its flaws. It's not the type of movie that I'd ever watch again, but you could do much, much worse than this for this holiday season. I know this review sucks, but there's really nothing else I can say about this movie. It's a little bland for a movie on the raunchy side, but I didn't mind watching this. It's just that I felt it should have been better.