A Dark Song Reviews

• Jul 12, 2020

11/10. Eerie in only the way an Irish horror film can be, and beautiful pacing, writing, very original. It actually pays off what it promises all along. The sound/music by Ray Harman is also exceptional, really noticeably so. I couldn't fault any of this, it really delivers the best of what I want from a horror film.

• Jul 12, 2020

I freaking love this movie, forget Midsommar forget The Lighthouse, this is the real deal. A horror movie that is actually scary, they could go for a jump scare 2 or 3 times and I would just have shit myself, this manages to create tension like few horror movies do. So glad they don't went the jump scare route. So in love that this takes place mostly in one location. This is the way you should do a horror low budget film.

• May 17, 2020

A grieving mother tries to contact her dead son so she contacts an occultist . Is the occultist actually performing a ritual or is he just a twisted person taking advantage ? Or is the woman with ulterior motives ? I guess watch and find out. 2.9 it is . The score in the movie made everything seem tense throughout

• Mar 23, 2020

Phenomenal movie. Sucks you in and holds your attention. Erie and mythical, but somehow seems to feel real. Watch it, you won't be disappointed.

• Feb 19, 2020

A masterpiece of slow-burning tension, beautifully shot and with amazing performances from the two leads. An absolute must-see for horror fans

• Feb 11, 2020

Gave it an extra .5 stars because the music is absolutely killer and haunting.

Gave it an extra .5 stars because the music is absolutely killer and haunting.

• Jan 27, 2020

Perfectly written and acted

Perfectly written and acted

• Jan 13, 2020

A decent little atmospheric thriller even with it's clumsy ending.

A decent little atmospheric thriller even with it's clumsy ending.

• Dec 29, 2019

Like "The Babadook," "Hereditary," and Luca Guadagnino's "Suspiria," this is a horror film about grief that's thick with atmosphere and goes in completely unexpected directions.

• Dec 01, 2019

One of best movies in the genre of rituals and occultism. A must see.

One of best movies in the genre of rituals and occultism. A must see.