A Dog's Purpose - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Dog's Purpose Reviews

June 22, 2017
Definitely a movie for all dog lovers!
June 22, 2017
If you ever feel this movie is touching, you didn't see what is behind that.
June 19, 2017
loved this movie. now my dog has a narrator when I think of it lol.
June 19, 2017
I made it through with only a few tears shed, but the book was a lot better.
June 19, 2017
Just a great feel-good movie. You will laugh, you will cry, you will smile a lot. Huge plot holes, the whole dog reincarnation thing is weird but if you love dogs you will love this movie.
June 19, 2017
For such an absurd concept, I admittedly fell for this movie emotionally on so many levels. I don't believe I have cried as much as I did in this film in another movie ever before. It was cute, funny and had an element of truth with how a dog approaches a situation. I felt like the third act was a little quick, however I loved it all the same. It was a good movie!
June 18, 2017
If u are a dog Person you will love this movie
June 18, 2017
Even after all the bad press surrounding the film for the alleged controversy, I still decided to watch the film and found it to be a great feel-good movie for the family. Reminiscent of older movies such as Fluke, that have similar themes.
June 18, 2017
I love dogs but film is a piece of Sap. oh the hijinks.
June 18, 2017
If you didn't like it.... You're cranky.
June 18, 2017
Really good movie just needs to be less violent but nice jobš???
June 16, 2017
Such a beautiful movie! My ?? fogged up a whole lot.
June 16, 2017
this movie was amazing and i teared up times.
June 16, 2017
My dog had passed away after this movie came out. Got to watch it on blu-ray. Reincarnations of the dog was cool. Just hated when the dogs passes away. R.I.P. Gambit
½ June 15, 2017
Very well made, A Dog's Purpose may it's not entirely emotional as should, but overall with an impeccable production, a spiritual narrative and some good moments make this movie perfect for families and dog lovers. (3,5/5)
June 15, 2017
Amazing movie! How could you hate it?
½ June 13, 2017
A Dog's Purpose is an emotional roller coaster. At one minute you are happy and cheerful and the next you are seriously crying. Josh Gad is great as every dog in this movie.

The story is quite simple but it still delivers. J would recommend grabbing a box of tissues before sitting down to watch this film.

A Dog's Purpose: 70% C-
June 12, 2017
I feel like this could have been a film of real accomplishment. It tries so hard to introduce something new to the much loved animal genre of films - but ultimately tugs on your heart strings & tear ducts far too regularly to be effective. Nit a bad effort, the animals are of course fantastic; but too much death for one movie.
June 11, 2017
A cute film which follows the lives of a reincarnated dog...not kidding. Although the plot sounds stupid, the movie has its moments of cuteness and kids will like it.
June 11, 2017
I just watched this movie a little bit after losing my dog "Rosko" and this movie made me think of him more and want him more