A Hard Day Reviews

• Jan 31, 2018

A detective puts himself in some crazy situations following an accident that leaves one man dead and himself hiding the body. But not all was clear sailings, as somebody saw the events unfold. A smart film that starts out with blackmailing, only to ascend into deeper waters of police corruption and murder, with a strong showdown between hero and villain. This Japanese film gets it right when it comes to building tension and intrigue.

• Dec 30, 2017

The 3.5stars is given to the Aaron Kwok HK version "Peace Breaker". The original Korean version worth 2.5 stars. The Chinese version is more violence, and the handling of screen, plot, arrangement is better and smoothed. But those ridiculous points still ridiculous.

• Dec 25, 2017

Surprisingly a spot on B-tier movie. Low budget, short film that gets its job done - a summer flick with hardcore suspension and excitement.

• Jan 19, 2017

A Hard Day, but very amusing and not hard to watch. Very tense and very funny.

A Hard Day, but very amusing and not hard to watch. Very tense and very funny.

• Jul 08, 2016

Another good Korean thriller with darkly comedic undertones. Entertaining and thrilling.

• Jesse O Super Reviewer
    Jan 10, 2016

This is one of the best South Korean thrillers I've seen in a long ass time and, really, one of the better South Korean films I've seen since Pieta. That may not say a lot about South Korean cinema, lately at least, but I think it's mostly the fact that a lot of the really great movies don't find their way here. Either that or they're going through a slump. Regardless, with that out of the way, I really enjoyed this film quite bit. There's just something very skillful about the way it handles some fairly high-tension moments whilst also providing you with a good amount of comedic elements in there. Not like the comedic elements there make this the best comedy of 2015, but there's enough of it that helps liven things up from what is a very taut and well-executed suspense/thriller. I think it benefits from a really strong cast. The lead character, Detective Go is fairly ineffectual and he's always two steps behind the villain of the film. He's always working against the clock and he can't really hold his own in a fight if he's overpowered, which does happen in this movie. It works because it's actually believable in that Go simply wouldn't be working at peak capacity when he has to worry about another cop trying to blackmail him with revealing what he did to the world. It's an interesting direction to take your lead character, but I think the scripting and Lee Sun-kyun, who plays the detective, definitely make this approach work. It also helps when you're put against such an effectively dastardly villain as you have in this movie. Perhaps it's not even the scripting of the villain, I think it's Jo Jin-woong's performance that really takes the film to the next level. It's clear that he had a certain commitment to this role and that he was gonna give the absolute best of him to make the role memorable. According to his Wikipedia page, I've seen him in some movies, but this might be, from what I've seen, his most high-profile role to date and he is pretty damn excellent. There's just something detestable about him and I think Jo plays perfectly into that and it makes watching him really entertaining. The film moves at a real fast pace, it's not that there's a lot of information that the movie needs to get out, but there's still a lot of stuff going on at all times. The movie does not take a break before moving on to the next scene that'll move the story forward. There's a manic energy about it and that's part of the reason why the film feels like it's over quicker. I don't think the film is as twisty as a lot of these films tend to be and, you know what, it's to the film's benefit. A lot of these films have these really stupid twists that make no sense in the context of its own story and I'm glad to see a film not give in to that. That's about it really, I really liked this movie. It's a really consistent film. It's really good from beginning to end. It has a really strong cast, characterization and simple, but effective, storytelling. This is an easy recommendation.

• Jan 09, 2016

Cops aren't gangsters. A police officer tries to cover up a hit and run where he killed the victim; unfortunately, another police officer witnessed the crime and threatens to thwart the killer's plans. They have a few conversations and some awkward action scenes ensue as one cop tries to keep it a secret while the other tries to blackmail him. "I'll take care of you." "Take care of me? You mean cover your ass?" Seong-Hoon Kim, director of How the Lack of Love Affects Two Men, delivers A Hard day in his second motion picture. The storyline for this picture is cliché but delivered in an action packed manner. The characters are entertaining and the cast delivers believable performances. "I'm done, fucker." This was recently added to Netflix online and I decided to give it a shot. This was okay with some cool but unbelievable action sequences. This isn't a waste of time or worth going too out of your way to see. "Maybe mom did have a lover." Grade: C+

• Dec 30, 2015

Another masterpiece of Korean action-thrillers. Great movie.

Another masterpiece of Korean action-thrillers. Great movie.

• Dec 14, 2015

Seriously next level thriller writing, within 5 mins you are in and it doesnt drop out till the end

• Nov 30, 2015

Fantastic humous fast paced movie that you can't look away from. I looked away and nearly missed a vital part