Abandon Reviews

• 3d ago

It strands its actors with a really slow story that fails to engage.

It strands its actors with a really slow story that fails to engage.

• May 09, 2020

Too long and uninteresting.

Too long and uninteresting.

• Jan 06, 2019

I just saw this for the first time..it was hard to follow and i actually watched it a 2nd time to make sure i "got it" lol But having said that i LIKED IT surprisingly. No it wasnt stellar and lacked a lot, but it had just enough charm to lure me and keep watching. I often find that i like movies that some give bad reviews and vice versa, for what it's worth.

• Nov 01, 2018

Abandon is a melodrama masquerading as a thriller. Or perhaps it's the other way around. Either way, this movie comes across as exceedingly dumb, even when you consider that a lot of the rank stupidity is designed to facilitate the "surprise" twist (ho-hum) that is telegraphed midway through the excruciatingly long 90-minute running time. With the flat characters and lifeless performances, it's a wonder that anyone in the audience can stay awake all the way through this dull and dreary production. Unfortunately, sloppy filmmaking reveals the twist too early - I was able to predict how the movie would end more than 30 minutes before the moment of the "big revelation."

• Mar 02, 2018

So slow and disjointed. Movie didn't allow me to have any feelings for any of the characters.

• Jan 01, 2018

Mildly compelling mystery.

Mildly compelling mystery.

• Oct 18, 2015

This is a twisty story, but you can see the ending coming from the start.

This is a twisty story, but you can see the ending coming from the start.

• Jun 18, 2015

Katie Holmes needs a lot of help just to do a competent movie and here there is no help.

• Feb 17, 2013

Not very watchable film from the get go for me. Slightly slow, and just didn't keep me involved very well.

• Nov 30, 2012

I got the end 20 minutes after the beginning of this movie... So predictable, wich is no good in a thriller.