ABCD (Any Body Can Dance) Reviews

• Feb 13, 2016

One of the first decent dance movies made in Bollywood. Prabhu Deva is not a great actor but an amazing dancer. Ganesh Acharya overacts and his voice dubbing is horrible. Some of the dancers were brilliant, especially Dharmesh Yelende and Lauren Gottlieb.

• Sep 06, 2015

nice movie... dance superb!!!

nice movie... dance superb!!!

• Jul 04, 2015

Just for dance lovers To begin I would like to appreciate Remo for his effort and bringing the Bollywood audience something new. I know this is much like the Hollywood "Step Up" flicks of which I am not much of a fan and I don't think I am fan of this one either. The only thing enjoyable here are the dance sequences and music, minus that we have a fill of poor acting, screenplay and dialogues. The story clichéd and predictable. The cheap 3D usage with all those pointing sticks and pipes was evident even if I saw it in 2D. Overall, if you ignore the elements of good film and just focus on the dancing you will have a good time. I mean, even I enjoyed watching the Prabhudeva light up the screen with his wacky moves! and Remo's choreography is always fantastic. Still, I cannot say ABCD is a good film. RATING: [2/5]

• Dec 10, 2013

India's answer to Step Up franchise, and done as well in terms of dance choreography, if not better. Prabhu Deva shows again why he is considered one of the best fusion dancers in the films of the country, and follows it up with some rousing group dance numbers.

• Sep 20, 2013

This movie is an absolute delight for modern dance enthusiasts. Hip hop, Locking & Popping, B-boying, Ballet, Contemporary etc. all are there in finest of display by finest of Indian dancers. To top it all, the protagonist of the movie is Prabhu Deva, the God of Dance in India. To weave the aforesaid dances into a tale, Remo has used a logical storyline, perhaps using struggling instances of real life established/aspiring dancers. But the direction and acting in general is very mediocre. A chase sequence in the beginning of the film needs special mention. It is kind of a fusion of chase and dance acrobatics. You need to see it to believe it. Most of the dancers present in the movie are popular Indian Reality TV Show dancers. And they have all performed as per expectation i.e. brilliantly. Salman, Dharmesh and Punit have been given special camera focus and they totally deserve it. Lauren from American Reality TV has very good screen presence. She is a terrific looker and dancer. Actingwise, Kay Kay is the only real actor in the movie. But he being a non dancer, very less screen time has been allotted to him.

• Jul 22, 2013

another bollywood movie INSPIRED by hollywood movies!!even the dance sequences were copied in most parts!!

• Jun 21, 2013

A cool movie, best dance story since Aaja Nachle.

A cool movie, best dance story since Aaja Nachle.

• Jun 11, 2013

Good songs and awesome choreography!

Good songs and awesome choreography!

• May 20, 2013

Awesome movie, superb climax... amazing could not be replicated dance steps... :)

• May 11, 2013

Visually stunning with excellently choreographed dance sequences. Sachin Jigar's background score is definitely the best thing in this film. Much better than Remo's debut F.A.L.T.U. Should have seen it in 3D. India's answer to Step Up but with emotions & heart.