The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle Reviews

May 25, 2016
Although it has a charm, this Rocky and Bullwinkle adventure is forgettable, unfunny, and badly acted, making it a disappointing take on the original cartoon that could have been a lot better if its CG-i didn't age badly.
May 2, 2016
Could of been worse...but not much.
February 15, 2016
I thought it was a pretty decent flick. It made me laugh. Loved Piper Perabo. She looks like an older Chloë Grace Moretz.
½ January 3, 2016
As a fan of the original Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoon- you want this to be good. Unfortunately, the nostalgic glow wears off fairly quickly. Lots of puns as well as knocks at Hollywood- but not enough to get a laugh out loud. Wish it was better. Good cast though for the parts.
December 19, 2015
It's cringe inducing having to watch DeNiro act like that. I almost want to apologize to him.
June 1, 2015
The cartoon is funny and inventive something these filmakers didn't have in this movie.
May 22, 2015
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle is one of the best bad movies ever made. It's stupid, I know, but it makes me laugh. Plus there's no denying that it will charm you.
May 11, 2015
It's stupid, but decently funny at the same time.
February 25, 2015
With rather unconvincing CGI and too many fourth wall jokes to handle, Rocky and Bullwinkle doesn't achieve what the original did.
January 29, 2015
Annoying, often boring and mostly lacking in humour. Full review later.
January 23, 2015
For the first five minutes this is an entertaining cartoon. Then it goes live action, and the wheels come off. There are some good chuckles here and there, but far too many groan-worthy puns. The cast mugs for the camera every chance they get. It reeks of desperation.
½ December 30, 2014
I actually think this is a movie that Universal should be proud of even though it doesn't seem to be getting the appreciation it deserves. It's a very funny family feature with heart. Rocky and Bullwinkle are such an odd yet lovable pair. (First and only full viewing - 12/13/2014)
December 22, 2014
The first 3/4 of the movie was pretty great. I love how hilariously they make fun of themselves and even parody life and cartoons. There were times I laughed out of sheer irony.
This is one of those sort-of all-stars movies with some random major actors but not a whole lot. I wouldn't give it 5 stars because I can't forgive a sappy, silly ending, even if it is on purpose. Also, I can understand the low official rating, but it seems a bit harsh.
October 24, 2014
I barely remember anything from the film when I was young. The things that I remember are the main characters, and the computer scene. Saying those are not a good sign before I watch it again. The movie, sadly, is terrible. The jokes are really bad and it ruined the movie. However, the acting is the only thing that's trying to be funny in this and actually gets a laugh here and there in the film. The effects are really good and it fits with it, but it is the script that ruins the film. The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle is disappointing and can actually be a good film, but misses the chance.
August 30, 2014
I think this is an EXCELLENT ......
and very funny movie! This is just like the original cartoon! Well....they had to update the Rocky and Bullwinkle caricature some.
This was my ALL Favorite Cartoon and my Favorite Movie of the year 20000! It is 100% FUN!
½ August 11, 2014
People need to realize that the original cartoon was just as campy and punny as the movie depicts, but the campiness and puns, in addition to clever writing, are what made the original such a classic. That being said, this film is by no means a classic (Robert De Niro's most shocking (no pun intended) role since Mary Shelley's Frankenstein), but it's one of the better cartoon adaptations I've seen, and certainly better than the other Jay Ward adaptations that preceded it. It's definitely a recommendation for Rocky and Bullwinkle fans, and classic cartoon fans in general, but may have people not familiar with the show rolling their eyes. Bottom line is that it's one of those films that are "so bad it's good."
July 20, 2014
I like this movie so much.
July 7, 2014
It was a very funny, pretty enjoyable and very entertaining live action/animated family comedy adventure. It had great CGI animation, great traditional animation, great cast, very fun cameos, plenty of laughs, great adventure, great characters, great cinematography, very colorful backgrounds, great music and a fun storyline. I remembered when I saw this movie at the movie theater from my summer camp when I was 8 years old. Bullwinkle fans of all ages should enjoy this movie.
½ July 6, 2014
Lo intentaron. Realmente lo intentaron. Pero esta cinta no le llega ni a los pies al espectacular dibujo animado para televisión de Jay Ward sobre una Ardilla superhéroe, su alce asistente y los espías villanos. Robert DeNiro, quien co-produjo la cinta y quien interpreta a Fearless líder, imita a Travis Bickle en "Taxi Driver" y genera pena ajena.