Movies Like The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle Reviews

Lucas M

May 5, 2011
Pessimo roteiro e direção.
michael e.
michael e.

October 25, 2010
one of the earliest movies i saw and i still think its pretty good not as good as the first time i saw but its still good
KJ P

March 4, 2010
I thought it was laugh-out-loud enjoyable for it's stupidity! I thought it was well made as what it was made for! It did something new, and I admire that!
Conner R

November 19, 2009
A train wreck that is almost fun to watch because it is so incredibly bad. The entire cast and crew must have lost their minds to hallucinogens during the filming. I have no idea why anyone would try to adapt such a campy and cartoony show. It would be like trying to do a live action version of Gumby.
TomBowler
TomBowler

August 2, 2009
good for kids but don't be looking for anything groundbreaking here
Clintus M.
Clintus M.

April 1, 2009
This is a delightful movie! The stars (DeNiro, etc.) participating in this fun filled romp look like they're having a lot of fun. Their overacting is hilarious. In her debut starring role, Piper Perabo is wonderful as well. She's sweet and perfect for the part. The plot is weak, but that's inconsequential to enjoying this movie. If you are already familiar with the tv series, the dialogue and references of this version seem lacking by comparison. Its not as hip or sharp, but you still won't be diasppointed. I recommend this to baby boomers and newcomers as well.
Alice S

You broke my heart, De Niro. You broke my heart. *sniff*
deano
deano

March 5, 2007
When will they learn? Not every baby-boomer cartoon property lends itself to big-screen treatment, as is the case with this ill-conceived effort involving the flying squirrel, his moose sidekick, and several live-action actors who look like they'd rather be anywhere else. This is a bigger bomb than anything ever hurled by Boris Badenov.
Rachel F

July 13, 2007
It was funny.
Lafe F

June 29, 2007
Big-name actors Robert Deniro, Jason Alexander and Rene Russo look utterly daft, hamming it up and almost winking at the camera for their baddie roles. The cartoon was very simplistic, so I don't know why they'd want to make a movie out of it. (Was a big producer in Hollywood a fan of the show?)

The 3-D CGI realization of Rocky and Bullwinkle themselves is skillfully done, so watch it for that reason alone.

As expected, the story is a mindless diversion, but nothing profound.

This disposable movie is in the Previously-Viewed bin at Blockbuster daily.
Luke B

April 7, 2007
When it reaches the point of Robert De Niro spoofing his own famous line from Taxi Driver it's about that time you reach for the handgun in the top drawer to blow your own face off. De Niro is even out acted by Kenan and Kel in a cameo. Seriously.
Emily A

June 5, 2006
I can't believe I saw this. Probably just because I liked the cartoon.
Juan C

June 6, 2011
a fun and enjoyable heck of a time. there is non stop fun and humor in this faithful film adaption that even spoof it's own origin! A
Joseph E

June 30, 2010
Could've been great, but settled for okay.
Yinal R

August 6, 2007
Super funny!
Sylvester K

July 12, 2012
Silly but actually quite funny, it's better than most of the live action animations like Alvin and the Chipmunks for example. The director actually tried very hard on making this film work, so did the script writer. If only the dumb slapsticks were removed, this would be quite a good film to watch
timoncjm
July 7, 2014
It was a very funny, pretty enjoyable and very entertaining live action/animated family comedy adventure. It had great CGI animation, great traditional animation, great cast, very fun cameos, plenty of laughs, great adventure, great characters, great cinematography, very colorful backgrounds, great music and a fun storyline. I remembered when I saw this movie at the movie theater from my summer camp when I was 8 years old. Bullwinkle fans of all ages should enjoy this movie.
February 9, 2014
This movie seems almost conflicted at points with its characters and what points they go. Everything on the DVD complimenting it is a big lie, really, but I'm sure kids will enjoy it, the adults will be in cinematic hell.
Rocky and Bullwinkle try to make their big comeback (which ultimately failed) in this new-age spin on the old cartoon. Rocky and Bullwinkle come to life in CGI form while their villains, Fearless Leader and his henchmen Boris and Natasha, are plotting to brainwash the nation by taking over every TV channel and replacing their show with corny German sitcoms. Rocky and Bullwinkle and their insanely unlikable FBI friend Agent Sympathy try to stop them by going on a road trip to NYC.
This movie fails in everything it does, but I gave it a 1 1/2 rating because it may be appealing to kids, despite how bland the feel of it is. The jokes fall flat because they have that wacky feel to them, but it just doesn't work here. Rocky and Bullwinkle themselves are incredibly bland as characters. Rocky is basically the voice of reason but nothing else other than that. Bullwinkle is just a poor man's Goofy, while the villains Boris and Natasha aren't as bad as our main stars, but still are incredibly unfunny. De Niro was only in like 15 minutes of the film and seemed very uncaring towards his role. I can see why after seeing this trash. I would not suggest it even to kids, because while it says "HIP!" on the DVD box, it's just saying that it has 2 minute guest stars from the present age like Kenan & Kel and Billy Crystal, so now it's somehow "hip". It's a bland-fest.
July 28, 2012
Sort of a good concept of bringing the famous moose and squirrel duo into our world with matching voice talents, but pretty much of this family film is annoying and the non-stop talking narrator is pretty much the cause of that. He just won't shut up. (C+)