The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle Reviews

December 21, 2016
A surprisingly good adaptation.
September 28, 2016
I actually loved this movie (both as a child and later as an adult). Anyone expecting a serious film will be let down but if you are in for a fun ride, this movie is for you.
½ September 28, 2016
I agree with the Rotten Tomatoes review on this one totally. I think it does stay true to the spirit and nature of the classic cartoon, it's just that some of the puns are annoying, the script is a bit of a letdown, and while the animation works fine with the live action, the CG doesn't look all that convincing.
September 28, 2016
It wasn't gold, but at least I was entertained.
May 25, 2016
Although it has a charm, this Rocky and Bullwinkle adventure is forgettable, unfunny, and badly acted, making it a disappointing take on the original cartoon that could have been a lot better if its CG-i didn't age badly.
May 2, 2016
Could of been worse...but not much.
February 15, 2016
I thought it was a pretty decent flick. It made me laugh. Loved Piper Perabo. She looks like an older Chloƫ Grace Moretz.
½ January 3, 2016
As a fan of the original Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoon- you want this to be good. Unfortunately, the nostalgic glow wears off fairly quickly. Lots of puns as well as knocks at Hollywood- but not enough to get a laugh out loud. Wish it was better. Good cast though for the parts.
December 19, 2015
It's cringe inducing having to watch DeNiro act like that. I almost want to apologize to him.
June 1, 2015
The cartoon is funny and inventive something these filmakers didn't have in this movie.
May 22, 2015
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle is one of the best bad movies ever made. It's stupid, I know, but it makes me laugh. Plus there's no denying that it will charm you.
May 11, 2015
It's stupid, but decently funny at the same time.
February 25, 2015
With rather unconvincing CGI and too many fourth wall jokes to handle, Rocky and Bullwinkle doesn't achieve what the original did.
January 29, 2015
Annoying, often boring and mostly lacking in humour. Full review later.
January 23, 2015
For the first five minutes this is an entertaining cartoon. Then it goes live action, and the wheels come off. There are some good chuckles here and there, but far too many groan-worthy puns. The cast mugs for the camera every chance they get. It reeks of desperation.
½ December 30, 2014
I actually think this is a movie that Universal should be proud of even though it doesn't seem to be getting the appreciation it deserves. It's a very funny family feature with heart. Rocky and Bullwinkle are such an odd yet lovable pair. (First and only full viewing - 12/13/2014)
December 22, 2014
The first 3/4 of the movie was pretty great. I love how hilariously they make fun of themselves and even parody life and cartoons. There were times I laughed out of sheer irony.
This is one of those sort-of all-stars movies with some random major actors but not a whole lot. I wouldn't give it 5 stars because I can't forgive a sappy, silly ending, even if it is on purpose. Also, I can understand the low official rating, but it seems a bit harsh.
October 24, 2014
I barely remember anything from the film when I was young. The things that I remember are the main characters, and the computer scene. Saying those are not a good sign before I watch it again. The movie, sadly, is terrible. The jokes are really bad and it ruined the movie. However, the acting is the only thing that's trying to be funny in this and actually gets a laugh here and there in the film. The effects are really good and it fits with it, but it is the script that ruins the film. The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle is disappointing and can actually be a good film, but misses the chance.
August 30, 2014
I think this is an EXCELLENT ......
and very funny movie! This is just like the original cartoon! Well....they had to update the Rocky and Bullwinkle caricature some.
This was my ALL Favorite Cartoon and my Favorite Movie of the year 20000! It is 100% FUN!