Air Guitar Nation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Air Guitar Nation Reviews

August 30, 2015
Not as fun or as sad or as heartwarming/uplifting as it could have been.
½ August 5, 2014
Once the "Oh haha" moment of it all being about air guitarists is gone, it's a standard documentary that would've been a lot cooler if you caught it as a monthly special on VH1.
½ November 14, 2013
A surprisingly fun and interesting look at the world of air guitar. And even Oulu looks rather picturesque.
March 24, 2013
This is an inspirational film, in the sense that it inspired me to want to play air guitar. Everyone?s done it, so why not make a worldwide competition out of it? In this film we meet the best of the best at pretending to play an invisible instrument. Needless to say, some of them are weird. But the film is fun and intriguing and there?s never really a dull moment, especially if you can appreciate some first-rate beautifully hardcore air-guitaring. Anyway, why someone wouldn?t want to watch a documentary about air guitar is beyond me, so go rent it now!
February 6, 2013
This is an interesting doco, it would be hard not to be captivating considering the people involved in this competition, they are simply put hilarious. The doco itself is pretty average, very short in length and a simple chronicle of the first American entry in the world Air guitar championship. It's a good film, interesting and engaging but nothing fantastic, it's simply entertaining. C Diddy is great, you can't help but laugh when he gets up on stage and to see his parents at the final competition is great.
December 20, 2012
These people are complete idiots.
½ December 7, 2012
September 20, 2012
Funny documentary it so dam ridiculous and I can't believe how big this is and the people are as ridiculous

RENT
½ June 14, 2012
Plodding documentary. A better soundtrack would have helped; I've never shredded to these tunes. Time would be better spent cranking up your stereo and indulging yourself.
½ March 8, 2012
½ February 10, 2012
I'm not exactly sure why I'm drawn to documentaries, maybe it's the extremely amateur filmmaker in me that pulls me to these "movies" made by people with nothing more than a computer and a couple cameras. I started "Air Guitar Nation" out of sheer curiosity, and even though I watched it in 2 pieces, I have to say it was quite entertaining. The initial 10 minutes had me covering my eyes with my hand, embarased for these "performers" but by the end I was genuinely rooting for "C-Diddy" to beat "Bjorn to Rock". At 80 minutes it goes pretty fast and is fairly well put together. Usually I end my reviews with a definitive "recommend" or "not recommended" however this one's tough ... if there's really nothing else to watch, and you've found yourself either jamming on an imaginary guitar, or getting way more into Guitar Hero/Rock Band than anyone should, I'd dare say you might find something interesting here. Available on Netflix instant streaming.
January 23, 2012
I haven't seen this, but I just know that this will be a big waste of time.
January 1, 2012
To err is human, to air guitar is divine.
September 13, 2011
Loved this. C-Diddy is the man.
September 11, 2011

RENT
½ August 27, 2011
Somewhat absurd, but if there's even a little bit of a guitar god in you, there's enough to enjoy. Entertaining, possibly disturbing, and enough substance to really get a conversation going.
August 21, 2011
This is terrific and endearing. It's hard not to admire niche sub-cultures like this.
July 15, 2011
You can't help but get sucked into this documentary - At first you don't take it serious but by the time it is over you just wanna ROCK! - Fun watch
July 11, 2011
This movie was totally ridiculous and rocked so hard. Makes me want to organize a little challenge... Bet I could beat you in a cast from my rolling chair
blkbomb
½ July 1, 2011
Air Guitar Nation is insanely entertaining. Honestly, I put this movie off for a long time thinking that there was no way I was going to be entertained or at all care about air guitar. But it's really easy to like and actually dare I say respect what they are doing. C-Diddy and Bjorn Turoque are really likable in their own weird way and that's what makes the movie as they are the prime focus of the documentary. Some of the things the players say and so just make you laugh and then you see they aren't laughing and you think, "Wait, Are they serious?" To some extent they are, but the good thing is they only do it to have fun and I have to say it's a lot of fun to watch them.