Airheads - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Airheads Reviews

½ June 11, 2017
Absolutely ridiculous, but it appeals to the youthful rocker within me.

Also Adam Sandler is place mercifully far into the background.
April 30, 2017
4/29/2017 (2): Meh. A few funny moments, but was hoping for more. A good cast though.
April 28, 2017
Great silly, rock and roll comedy. Just simple, don't think to much, fun movie.
April 8, 2017
Airheads, present a funny cast and an very good performace by Steve Buscemi. The film, make laughs with your Dog Day Afternoon satire, but the script could be more intelligent.
June 21, 2016
This is a very underrated comedy. Fraser, Buscemi, and Sandler play 3 metal band members looking for their big break but are denied by every record label so as a last ditch effort, they go to a radio station to get their demo played and when the DJ refuses to play it, they take everyone hostage. Buscemi is hilarious in this film and Sandler plays off his "cute dumb guy" character. The story has other little dramatics with it that make the story not only focused on the 3 main characters which is good. Like I said, very underrated and worth a watch especially if you grew up in the 80s and 90s.
May 20, 2016
Fuck off, this movie rules.
April 23, 2016
This is a great comedy. Can't believe the low rating. I must have watched this 20 times when I was younger."We can rock out after breakfast".
November 3, 2015
Definitely a fun flick full of great '90s treasures... if you can get past the ridiculous liberties it takes with how authorities handle hostage situations.
June 16, 2015
Could have been a good movie, poor execution and writing. Cheesy in nature.
½ June 12, 2015
This movie well hilarious is also so improbable it has barely any plot other then rock and roll and fake guns filled with hot sauce the cops in it are absolute idiots and them playing in the prison is dumb as hell
May 30, 2015
I thought the cast in the movie was good. It was funny and at times entertaining. I did not think the plot was that great in this movie.
½ April 19, 2015
Must have been an inspiration of the writer's brain capacity.
April 19, 2015
Even if you like these actors then that's still not a good enough reason to see this movie.
April 3, 2015
A stellar cast and a rocking soundtrack can make the movie right? Wrong. "Airheads" screenplay is a sloppy mess. The main plot is a desperate band wants to be heard on the local radio station to hopefully give them their big break and they inadvertently turn it into a hostage situation. The plot could work but we're rushed into the hostage situation so fast that we really don't get a feel for many of our "heroes". Then when we are in the hostage situation the same morals and setups are done so many times it feels longer than it should be. You're best off staying away from this one and just rocking to the soundtrack instead.
½ February 28, 2015
"Airheads" is exactly what you expect. Just picture Brendan Fraser, Adam Sandler, and Steve Buscemi as a group of unintelligent-nineties-surfer-loser musicians who are trying to get their demo played on the radio. Yep, that's "Airheads." I guess that the movie is okay for what it is, but when you compare the almost high-brow stupid humor in "Billy Madison" to this script, it's just another bad Adam Sandler movie. The film definitely gets bonus points for including Chris Farley and the studio hijacking plot works fairly well, but there comes a point where it's clear that the writers were just trying to find a way to resolve the conflict. Maybe people were really digging this movie during the prime of Sandler's Saturday Night Live Career, but after movies like "Happy Gilmore" and "The Wedding Singer," this one just feels like a weak stepping stone on his way to comic gold.
February 2, 2015
"Put your heads up against the speakers, and blow your brains out!" A high-energy goofball comedy, Airheads is entertaining and full of laughs. Desperate to get a record contract, three wannabe rockers take a radio station hostage in order to get their demo played. Featuring Brendan Fraser, Steve Buscemi, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Joe Mantegna, and Michael Richards, the cast is quite impressive. And the comedy is pretty good, with lots of fun, clever satire about the music industry and rock-n-rock culture. Plus, the soundtrack does a great job at setting the right tone without feeling like it's pandering. Airheads goes a little too far at times, but overall it's an enjoyable sendup of the rock-n-roll scene.
January 27, 2015
Airheads is actually not that bad, and I kind of expect it to be bad because it has Adam Sandler in it. It has a decent amount of laughs from Brendan Fraser and Steve Buscemi, but I actually got some laughs from Adam Sandler too which surprised me and can show that he can be a funny comedian when it's not his script. The acting is good, and the main characters show that they know that what they are doing is wrong unlike Project X. The plot is a bit of a mess, and there's some moments that are a way for the movie to keep going. It does have some stupid moments, and it does make it feel like it should've been a sketch from Saturday Night Live, but it kind of works for me. Airheads is an unexpected movie from me and I hope there's other films like this that can surprise me.
½ January 25, 2015
Funny movie but really really stupid. Is it a true story, I don't have a fudgen clue. Adam sandler, steve b, and Breden f. Stupid people in a movie but funny. Terrible but funny.
January 10, 2015
I think that it was really funny. Adam Sandler, Brendan Fraser and Steve buscemi were so funny and it brings out the rocker out of u
January 2, 2015
Random 90's movie about rock band idiots but god bless the casting director for the chosen trio