Airplane! Reviews

• Mar 29, 2020

Apertem os Cintos, o Piloto Sumiu (1980) #IMDb #MovieReview Nada como um clássico da comédia para estes dias de quarentena. Excelente até hoje. E, o som de turboélice em um avião a jato é uma das muitas piadas impagáveis. Ótimo!!

• Mar 25, 2020

Somehow had never seen this classic until now and, despite the "greatest comedy of all time" labels this film often receives, I definitely wasn't disappointed after that buildup, and laughed out loud often.

• Mar 19, 2020

This movie set the bar for comedy movies, and almost no movie has been on its level it in terms of charm and comedy, if you want to research on comedy or watch for a good time, this is the movie for you

• Mar 16, 2020

this is comedy at its best.

this is comedy at its best.

• Feb 04, 2020

My best friend Bibo had me watch this movie. Thank you, Bibo.

My best friend Bibo had me watch this movie. Thank you, Bibo.

• Jan 02, 2020

For a movie that is ridiculously immature and sometimes over the top, Airplane! cements itself as a really entertaining film that will continue to inspire others not only in content, but the incredible lines of dialogue that stick with us to this day. It is so juvenile that you wonder if it is actually a film you're watching or a reality you wish that existed. Have fun with its humor, enjoy its moments and laugh at its absurdity. Surely you can't be serious to not watch this film at least once and beg to come back again. Well, as Dr. Rumack said, "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."

• Dec 15, 2019

One of the best movies of all time.

One of the best movies of all time.

• Dec 10, 2019

Shirley never before and Shirley never since has such joyous, unrelenting absurdism soared to the heights it does in 1980's "Airplane!" It takes highbrow intellect to craft elite lowbrow humor, and this brilliant spoof delivers it in a torrential downpour. To this day, "Airplane" flies in the rarefied air of The American Film Institute's Top 10 Comedies, and has spawned modern day descendants from the smartly vulgar "Sausage Party" to recent and raunchy record label parody "Stadium Anthems." This is a gag-fest of the first order, with no stone left unturned: Sexual, racial, and religious humor punch through gleefully and without apology as a commercial airline's two pilots (Peter Graves and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) get food poisoning mid-flight. Ex-military pilot Ted Striker (Robert Hays) is the sole remaining flyer aboard, but he's only handled single-engine planes, and suffers mightily from PTSD. Back at the tower, lead air traffic controller Steve McKrosky (a sublime Lloyd Bridges) is drinking, sniffing glue, and blitzing on amphetamines. Only the airline's Chief Flight Instructor, Rex Kramer (a deadpan Robert Stack), can talk Striker through a safe landing. "Steve," Kramer says to McKrosky, "I want every light you have poured onto that field." On cue, a dump truck deposits hundreds of household lamps on the runway -- that's the brand of inspired genius we're dealing with here. With its unrelenting onslaught of absurdist humor, "Airplane!" is one of the best and most enduring comedies ever. - WATCHED IT? THEN WATCHLIST: "Stadium Anthems," "Sausage Party," Top Secret!"

• Nov 24, 2019

A timeless comedy with quotes that I will reference for many years, surely.

A timeless comedy with quotes that I will reference for many years, surely.

• Nov 17, 2019

Only made it half way through this dumpster fire of a film but actually embarrassed that we gave it more that 10 minutes. From now on, if I ever need to stop laughing at an inappropriate time, I'll simply have to think back to this pile of hot garbage and all joy in life will evaporate.