Alle Anderen (Everyone Else) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alle Anderen (Everyone Else) Reviews

July 28, 2016
Any thing can be made into a movie basically, but this was kind-of-blah. Tolerable, but then the ending...WTF???
½ December 12, 2015
As far as I can tell, Birgit Minichmayr is a Goddess of Acting. From her first frame, I was mesmerized. This movie, like all good movies or symphonies, had a strong exposition, a clear departure from that home base, a tense development, a definite climax, and a revealing finish or return to a new home base, where everything is different, but calm, playful and hopeful. For me, I was deeply impressed with the honesty with which these characters cared about each other, hurt each other, expressed their pain, and yearned for better times. In the end, I highly recommend this movie for superb acting, excellent script and raw emotion.
September 23, 2015
Gitti is nuts. Take her out of the plot and the movie would be, well, even more boring.
June 8, 2013
Maren Ade did a remarkable job in her role(s) with this film
March 5, 2013
Similar to Derek Cianfrance's Blue Valentine (which coincidentally was released only a year after the release of this film), Everyone Else is a very unsettling film revealing what two human being's inability to simply get along can amount to. It's a difficult film to like because the characters are similar to that of a Scorsese film, in that most of the characters (including the protagonist(s)) are generally assholes to begin with. This makes it difficult to relate to the characters. What's interesting about this film is that even though these two main characters are unlikable people, it's easy to relate to their frustrations with one another.
rubystevens
October 25, 2012
an excellent drama about the power struggle we know as romantic relationships in the brave new millenium
½ May 14, 2012
Dan Kois, Washington Post
All that's certain is that we're getting to know these two characters exceptionally well and that their tics and flaws are as recognizable as our own.
½ May 7, 2012
Lots of talking and little else. A young couple on vacation spend a lot of their time bickering, playing with/teasing each other, and trying to avoid another somewhat older couple. I think the reason for the latter was that they were kind of envious of the ease with which the elder couple got along while they're still just figuring out how they truly feel about each other.
½ January 29, 2012
Grateful I no longer want to be "like everyone else."
½ September 27, 2011
Retrata fielmente a intimidade de um casal. Birgit Minichmayr atuando incrivelmente.
September 6, 2011
EVERYONE ELSE is a different kindof relationship film. It can get pretty fustrating to watch because it does not adhere to a typical narrative structure but if you get on its wavelength - it will reward you. The scenes between the couple are intense and real. Anyone who has been in a relationship can relate to the film. Both characters - while are in love seem vastly different from eachother and that leads to complications. The guy named Chris is more quiet, unsure of himself. He is careful and thinks before he talks. The woman named Gitti on the other hand is brash, loud and playful. She says what she feels without hesitation. Living on fringes of society does not bother her. I admit I found her character rather annoying but I assume that was the point? Flixster says the film is a comedy drama - I didn't find anything outright funny but maybe some situations were slightly amusing. EVERYONE ELSE effectively makes us feel uncomfortable and uneasy. Confused and shocked. Its so raw. Its a gem of a film with subtle touches of genius throughout. The film dares to think out of the box and it succeeds.
July 17, 2011
Una historia particular, toda la película se centra en la dinámica de esta pareja, me pareció fascinante ver todos los aspectos de la pareja y las idas y vueltas, medio larga y densa, pero vale la pena verla, recomendable para quienes se interesen psicologicamente en analizar una vida en pareja, no es para ver en pareja, y menos a la noche!
April 30, 2011
This is definitely not your typical relationship drama, in that it is not your typical relationship between two very different people. One clearly an extrovert the other an introvert, their relionship heavily sexually relient. The question this film asks throughout is how much are we willing to bend who we are to make a relationship work?

The film's title 'Everyone Else' suggests that this is as much about how the couple associate with the rest of the world and how that effects the relationship. Small things say alot, From mindful adherence to uninteresting invitations, to conscious effort to wearing one(TM)s best dress to please our friends.

Birgit Minichmayr and Lars Eidinger's unrestrained and authentic performances are absolutely tone perfect throughout. They depict a couple so desperate to make things work that they often lose sight of the obvious. Metting a far steadier and more established couple only makes things that much worse.

'Everyone Else' is a thought provoking and stylish drama directed and paced perfectly by Maren Ade.
April 21, 2011
foreign arthouse at its worst. as riveting as watching your clothes dry.
February 9, 2011
The best written and best acted characters I've seen in a long time. Nothing in the relationship between the main couple is too overblown or obvious, but the slight, bare changes in the way they interact and view each other over the course of the film is incredible, and it eventually becomes to much for them (and us) to handle.
½ February 6, 2011
I don't slow, subtle, or even minimal. In fact, I prefer it. Ozu, Tarr, Angelopoulos - love those guys. But this is tedious. Sort of like "Blue Valentine" with Sardinian sunshine. A big fat "Who cares?" on this one, despite its impeccable technique. A very tough sit.
February 2, 2011
It's about a couple gets bored about their relationship. And, they're not alone, me too.
January 31, 2011
This is an extraordinary character-study of a relationship that very slowly is dissolving. It kind of roughly moves along with a careful pace, but it's all for these two people, this couple, this entity, showing their personalities and how they interact with each other. It dissects their relationship so finely, that we can tell everything from a single glance or movement. Extraordinary writing and acting. Quite subtle in what it's doing, but as it moved along I was compelled by what would take place, more so internally, next. The camera-work is beautiful, mostly handheld, creating an intimate atmosphere for the two characters who fill every frame. Characters are rarely this finely carved out (written and acted) in American cinema.
January 28, 2011
Sorry, but I couldn't make it past the 30 minute mark.