Amazon Adventure Reviews

• Jan 19, 2018

Other than the horrible acting, the never-ending onslaught of butterfly after butterfly, Bates getting malaria 300 times and my date falling asleep during the movie, I was completely enthralled by the experience. In fairness to the spell-binding film, it was probably my dull personality that made her doze, off though. In conclusion, don't ever let Gabriell pick the movie. She cannot be trusted.

• Dec 27, 2017

Awesome Film... Drastic Destinations & A Must Watch !!

Awesome Film... Drastic Destinations & A Must Watch !!

• Jun 01, 2017

I went to see this movie with my 12 year old son and we both loved it. Beautiful scenes and interesting story. Told as a narrative, but somewhat of a documentary, it made the scientific discoveries that provided proof for Darwin's Origin of Species and theories of natural selection very understandable. Not usually a fan of 3D, but it really added quality to the scenes of the Amazon rainforest.

• May 24, 2017

If you love science, travel and true adventure stories, this film has it all. It's by the makers of the stunner "Flight of the Butterflies," which i also really loved, and, like that film, this one is also specially made for the IMAX/Giant Screen in museum cinemas and science centers. So it's great family-friendly fare and just the ticket for bringing the kids. This is the real-deal. It's a docu-drama that is so lush it feels more like a feature film. I had never heard of naturalist and adventurer Henry Bates or his incredible, inspirational story of discovery. This film brings the audience on a journey into his world, completely immersing us in the mind-boggling adventure he embarked on more than 150 years ago in the heart of the Amazon rainforest in 3D. I marvel at this kind of passionate perseverance. It's a dramatic tale and the visuals are just stunning. The film also features so much biodiversity and is full of surprises and gee-whiz shots-- with plenty of nature's phenomena, mimicry and camouflage in the creatures of the Amazon. Things aren't always as they appear in the jungle, and this movie really makes the science come alive. You'll see the Amazon through Bates's eyes and then want to book a trip to Brazil!

• May 24, 2017

Great movie! Beautifully filmed and very interesting story. Definitely recommend it.

• May 24, 2017

Stunning visuals and an interesting story of Henry Bates. Walked away from the film having learned a lot!

• Apr 19, 2017

A fantastic film! Merging the exciting and dramatic story of Henry Bates' travels in the Amazon with scientific discovery made for an entertaining and educational movie, a great change from the straight documentaries that I usually see on the giant screen. Plus there were so many amazing animals!