American Loser Reviews

• Aug 16, 2019

Didn't expect to enjoy this bizarre low-budget dark comedy. Sean William Scott usually never disappoints and this is one of the the examples

• Mar 20, 2019

clever, funny, edgy, sexy. We're all losers and luckily it can be funny to watch.

• May 21, 2018

Surprisingly good and original for this low-budget indie I never heard of.

Surprisingly good and original for this low-budget indie I never heard of.

• Feb 15, 2018

Don't be fooled by the super limited release and shoddy low rent marketing, the unfortunately titled American Loser is weird, risky, dark, and painfully hilarious. Easily one of Sean William Scott's best outings post American Pie, a series I personally love but am afraid he will never be able to live down. Thankfully, Scott has enough confidence in his acting abilities to experiment with roles vastly different from the inexplicably popular Stifler aka Stifmeister. The problem with Scott's career is that it is in the hands of narrow-minded American moviegoers who have typecast his ass beyond repair, forcing him to go under the radar whenever he wants to attempt something different. Take 2002's Stark Raving Mad, a Lawrence Bender produced crime comedy that (while not without flaws) was cool, funny, exciting and released straight-to-video. Personally, I loved Stark Raving Mad, and Sean William Scott in general. The guy is not just a one note joke, he is a serious actor with a strong onscreen presence and the chops to be a leading man. It is so frustrating to watch films like American Loser because like Stark Raving Mad, Goon, and so many others, it never got the credit it deserved and neither has Sean William Scott... Hang in there, Stifmeister, your time will come.

• Oct 14, 2017

Unwatchable! I never write reviews but this one I will make an exception on ! I made about 20 min in hoping it would get better . The people who gave this a good review are either blind or lying.

• May 25, 2016

I think Sean Williams Scott is hysterical, and I love Jeff Garlin from Curb Your Enthusiam, but this has to be one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen. I had to keep watching it cause I was praying for it to get better, but it never does. I have no idea why anyone liked this movie. Sad to see some great actors in what might not even qualify as a B movie. I don't know what kind of cameras they used to film it either, but even on my Sony UHD tv it looks like some low quality work done by college students.

• May 15, 2016

Sean William Scott is amazing in this. Funny, vulnerable and believeable. while the movie has some bumps in the road, it's pretty damn good for a movie that was straight to dvd.

• Jan 10, 2015

wow... a strangely funny and sad movie. I felt bad laughing, knowing its based on a true story. then I felt obligated to at other times

• Dec 28, 2014

more of a black comedy but spot on in terms of the disorders depicted by stifler in the film.

• Oct 03, 2014

Also called AMERICAN LOSER. Pointless, depressing, and unfunny. Came to rate this one star again and realized I had already rated it one star seven years ago. Didn't even remember seeing it after watching it the second time.