American Sniper Reviews

• 2d ago

Deep deep film sad ending

Deep deep film sad ending

• Jan 18, 2021

Legit captures the look and feel of the Iraq War from its early years on. Expert technical assistance must have been used because the military stuff is done better than most. To me its the quintessential movie of the Iraq war

• Dec 13, 2020

American sniper is a great war movie and surprisingly unique in some areas. The story follows Texan Chris Kyle as he becomes a SEAL sniper and his struggles in service in the 2003 Iraq War. Kyle eventually becomes the most famous sniper in American military history but still with a difficult decisions on his family life and mental health. Bradley Cooper plays a great and believable honest and patriotic soldier, with his performance coming across as believable and perhaps even relatable for some. Clint Eastwood's direction is an evident bonus to the movie and really helps the action sequences and cuts between Kyle's life. What is unfortunate about the movie however is how the trauma of war is almost dismissed in the movie. The health of Kyle is seen and briefly touched upon but fails to ever be truly diagnosed with the cause or a way to help. Overall, American Sniper is a thrilling (and sometimes tragic) biopic war movie that should not be missed by fans of the genre.

• Dec 08, 2020

a very gripping and emotional story, great acting; a must watch

a very gripping and emotional story, great acting; a must watch

• Dec 06, 2020

Absolutely fantastic film from Clint. Great story told well as always.

Absolutely fantastic film from Clint. Great story told well as always.

• Nov 13, 2020

problem is how can he be a hero when we never should have gone there in the first place

• Kevin
    Nov 11, 2020

Best movie to watch on the greatest sniper of all time.

Best movie to watch on the greatest sniper of all time.

• Gary M
    Nov 10, 2020

boring guy seemed like a complete idiot

boring guy seemed like a complete idiot

• Natasha
    Nov 10, 2020

All I have to say is definitely not for little kids but it is a really good movie and I would see it again!

• Nov 09, 2020

Right up there with Hurt Locker and other modern war masterpieces. I will say I think some of the criticism of this movie is really political and not based on the quality of the movie which IMHO is excellent. I do buy that they sanctified him and didnt show in detail his struggles with PTSD after returning but its a movie and breaking down while doing laundry doesnt really sell tickets - overall excellent and highly recommended.