American Sniper Reviews

• Sep 07, 2019

This heroic and depressing true story deserved an extremely talented actor like Cooper to bring it to life. Beautiful.

• Sep 05, 2019

American sniper is a perfect movie for any person who likes action and drama; It has an excellent combination between the action of a real war and the drama of a soldier who has to make some crucial decisions to complete his objective. Bradley Cooper act very clean and he represents very well the stress which lives one soldier far from his home and family and stay thinking if he can go home again. There are one scene when he should decide to shoot a man or not, the pression on Bradley really feels; he was nominated to best actor. And talking about academy awards, this movie won Best Sound Editing and it deserved because all the mixes in the film are very real, you really felt like you are in the war, behind Cooper or next to him, the sound is so enveloping. I promise you, you will be on the edge of the chair.

• Sep 03, 2019

This is a beautifully produced depiction of the brutality of war in theater, at home and psychologically. It perfectly balances realism with theatrics maintaining momentum and excitement

• Jul 18, 2019

The US Navy Sealions are supposed to be modelled on the British SAS, alongside the SBS, both of whom are the finest Special Forces in the world but I don't recall part of the Brits training involved being hosed and having to sit in cold water. No, it entails much better training like undergoing a timed march over demanding terrain in the Brecon Beacons whilst carrying a 45lb rucksack with a rifle and water bottle. There is also a fierce march called the "beast" over Pen Y Fan, the highest peak in the Beacons. Next comes a three-week map-reading tour of the hills and thereafter it is Test Week, during which the most gruelling marches are undertaken. These become increasingly challenging as the loads get steadily heavier until the final march; "Endurance". This is 40 miles long and has to be completed without stopping, within a certain time, while carrying a 60lb rucksack, a rifle and a full water bottle. At the end of Endurance, the course numbers will be about halved and the survivors will have won a place on "continuation training", including a jungle phase in Brunei. All these are supplemented by release-and-capture, interrogation, forced stress positions and being subjected to techniques such as long periods of "white noise". And that is only part of the training. While the film is entertaining enough and we're all grateful to this sniper for being good at his job, the unsung heroes work, like the British Special Forces, isn't shouted from the rooftops and usually goes unheard.

• Jul 17, 2019

Bradley cooper delivers in his portrayal as Chris Kyle.

Bradley cooper delivers in his portrayal as Chris Kyle.

• Jul 12, 2019

The story was lies and propaganda. Shameful conservative iraq war justification.

• Jul 05, 2019

In Clint Eastwood's "American Sniper", I found it a complete masterpiece. Even though I find a lot of war movies engaging, I felt like this story really captured the life of a man who sacrificed his time to protect the greatest country in the world. Bradley Cooper's performance was complete perfection, as I felt like he were being himself than treating this role like it was another part. I felt like it meant something, and that this story needed to be told. I feel like Cooper really idealized and shown what it was like to man split into two different worlds. One-- filled with a life with a wife and children. Another-- A life of playing testing the balance of life with every breath.

• Jun 21, 2019

I think I'll still be debating with myself whether American Sniper is propaganda or not for a while. Bradley Cooper deftly added much needed dimension to his depiction of Chris Kyle. I read Kyle's book, and while I respect his service, he was seriously lacking in self reflection and I was concerned for the film adaptation. Of course, Hollywood polished away most of Kyle's unpleasant characteristics to make the audience more sympathetic. I have some experience with veterans struggling with PTSD and although the film does head in that direction, I think this is something that could have been even more closely examined. Clint Eastwood has such an interesting point of view as a director. His history of roles which were steeped in violence, makes his critical view of it even more interesting. Not the Best Picture of the year, but Eastwood has given Kyle a thoughtful eulogy.

• May 17, 2019

Did not know the story beofre, the end really struck me! Great one, tense, dramatic, heroic, moving!

• May 15, 2019

Great, but could have handled the ending better.

Great, but could have handled the ending better.