Arise, My Love Reviews

• Dec 13, 2008

Colbert speaking the words of Billy Wilder. I couldn't wish for something better. This film is hilarious, romantic and patriotic. Love it. As usual, Wilder does not fail to be brilliant and Colbert is the best comedic acterss pretty much ever. If only they made films half so good today.

• Jan 06, 2008

This film confirms that Claudette Colbert was Hollywoods most consistently good comedienne - and Ray Milland is surprisingly good too - his best comic performance. But how can they go wrong with a Billy Wilder/Charles Brackett-script and an Oscar-winning story?Claudette Colbert also gets to sing a little of the imortal Dream Lover that Jeanette Macdonald introduced in The Love Parade opposite a former Colbert co-star Maurice Chevalier. So enjoy - it's great fun :)

• Sep 17, 2007

Claudette Colbert plus a Billy Wilder script. I love this film. It's hard to find, but worth looking for.