Around the World in 80 Days - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Around the World in 80 Days Reviews

June 7, 2016
Really creative and funny movie to watch.
½ February 9, 2016
A wild adventure that while very silly, is also very entertaining. I haven't seen the original and I doubt it's anything real similar to it but I enjoyed this movie for what it was worth. It's a family friendly adventure that consistently funny and exciting.
½ February 3, 2016
130523: This film is hot and cold. Good and bad. Depends upon the moment. A could've been film. Will not, likely, make an attempt to watch again but don't regret watching it this time. Some good martial arts fight scenes and some fun to be had.
January 22, 2016
The lack of interest, the poor jokes and the lack of unpredictability are enough to forget the suitable cast performances and its, whilom, well-written story.
January 22, 2016
½ October 22, 2015
This film is filled with Too many inaccuracies for the time period this film is based upon. This film is also very different from the original film.

I did like the action scenes in Paris. Having Jackie Chan in the film go to China.

This film shows an entertaining Journey.

I do like the film score theme for this film.

The computer graphics are interesting.

In this version there is more action. Phileas Fogg is considered an inventor with questionable objects of his time similar to Doc Brown in Back to the Future. Phileas Fogg abilities are considered questionable to the scientific community. If wins Phileas Fogg is to become head Minister of the Scientific Community in England. But if he does not make it he is to decommission his laboratory and no longer invent again.

This film is filled with more obsticils than encountered the 1950's version.

Also the ethnicity of Monique La Roche & Passepartout is reversed compared to the 1956 version. In the 1956 version Passepartout is a Spanish ethic background & Princess Aouda is from India. I found the culture mix better and more interesting match compared to the 1956 film.

This film has more trying to stop the trip than in the 1956 version of the film.
August 21, 2015
A rather silly, unnecessarily violent film that seems a bit of a bore fest. An exceptional cast almost wasted on a goofy action/adventure movie that drags on for much too long. The fight scenes stretch to an unbearable length, and I found myself getting quite bored with it. Despite this, there are some good lines and scenes delivered by Coogan and Chan, who practically save this movie, but I would say it's just a rather dull family picture.
July 26, 2015
I been around the world and it was great this film is fine.
June 4, 2015
Whether it's trying to follow Jules Verne's novel or not, this movie is one of Disney's worst.
½ May 6, 2015
Probably appealing to a very young audience. The movie is silly but never funny. It appears to be a fairly big budget movie. The writing is pretty bad. Not remotely comparable to the novel.
February 13, 2015
It's enjoyable to watch.
½ February 7, 2015
Chinese choreography, French people and Rob Schneider playing himself? Perfect.
February 6, 2015
There is some humor and some action, but with the amount of stupidity involved buries both of the film's positive aspects
December 29, 2014
I am not sure what I looked for in this movie. Almost had nothing to do with the book. Traveling looks not real.
½ December 13, 2014
Disney's take on Verne's novel is good, funny and, in points, goofy as it provides adventurous visuals following the same star-studded cast direction of the 1956 adaptation with our today's stars; and being more of a Jackie Chan martial arts flick to aim this adaptation more for families' interests to be entertain. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
November 25, 2014
Really want to see it
November 23, 2014
arount the world in 80 days
½ November 10, 2014
Yeah, I fell asleep a few times.
½ October 26, 2014
Good remake of an old classic. Funny.
September 2, 2014
My son (11) and I watched this last night and we both were thoroughly entertained. I just wanted to see what sort of rating it had so I checked it here. I was shocked to see it so low. It had comedy that was actually funny, great special effects that weren't all CGI, and spectacular cinematics. Watch this with the family and you won't be disapointed.