As Good as It Gets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

As Good as It Gets Reviews

August 8, 2017
This is pretty much the perfect movie - even for despisers of romantic movies (and non-fans of Jack N.) like me. Heartfelt, honest, just as much kitsch as necessary, a cute dog, interesting round characters, funny, smart, with moments to laugh, moments to cry and moments to be amazed - no Nazis, no bashing of other nations, no sex, no violence, and yet the perfect entertainment - this is the stuff that once made Hollywood great, a long, long time ago...
½ August 8, 2017
A nice movie, that made you laugh out loud at quite a few moments. Mostly about Nicholson's character. About Nicholson - such a typical role for him, obviously there is a reason why his most famous roles (and awarded ones) are anti-heroes. I had always considered Jack Nicholson as not too pretty of an actor. I assumed that he probably was fine and decent lookin guy when he was younger, but now he not really a good wine by the looks. Though, the acting is still good.
Romantic comedies are often cheesy and far from reality, and this one had quite a few moments of this sort. I especially didn't like the ending - lovely and romantic
and... meh.
All in all decent movie, but wouldn't say that it was somethig very special. Nicholson was good though.
July 17, 2017
Have we as a species matured to the point where we can admit this was overrated dog poop? As Good As It Gets was heavily promoted as a last minute contender to face Titanic at the Oscars. Not so much a Jack Nicholson vanity project, as a James L. Brooks vanity project. Brooks wanted to see what rude things he could get away with saying through the mouth of a curmudgeony writer. The problem was Jack was never given enough ammunition to be another Archie Bunker. Helen Hunt, robbed of all her Mad About You subtlety, relied on loud mouthed caricature and sweet smiles. Greg Kinnear stared...and somehow launched an undeserved career playing quirky guys who recited lines with PEP. Thankfully all this B-talent has sunk back down to where they belong in the 2010 era.
July 12, 2017
how can anyone possibly rotten tomatoe this movie? its bang on perfection
June 30, 2017
As Good As It Gets proudly stands out in the rom-com genre with a funny script and charming performances from Nicholson, Hunt, Kinnear and Gooding.
June 9, 2017
Such a beautiful movie. Jack Nicholsons performance is on top as always
June 9, 2017
1928 Was 69 Years Old In 1997.
May 28, 2017
Don't listen to the stuffy, snooty critics. Fun movie with heartwarming charater growth. A great watch.
May 20, 2017
Outstanding! Jack Nicholson, one and only, did a great job, as always!
April 25, 2017
Absolutely brilliant! Hilarious. Great cutting acting. Excellent script
April 10, 2017
Jack at his miserably comical best.
½ March 18, 2017
A sharply written, finely directed, and solidly acted, but also arguably offensive, '90s romantic comedy.
February 24, 2017
More like "As Bad As It Gets".
February 22, 2017
The greatest Woody Allen film not written by Woody Allen. The film has terrifically witty dialogue but is saved by Nicholson. Melvin is a character that on paper is very hard to like, but somehow Nicholson makes you feel empathy for him despite his narcissism and mean-spiritedness. One of the all-time great romantic comedies.
February 19, 2017
As Good as it Gets is direct and co-written by James L. Brooks, and it stars Jack Nicholson, Helen Hunt, and Greg Kinnear in a romantic comedy about an author that is horrible to every person that he meets, whether it be a waitress with a kid that has a problem, or a gay artist, and when Melvin (Jack Nicholson) has to take care of the artist's dog, he starts to change a little. This is the first film that I've seen from James L. Brooks, which makes sense as this is one of his most highest-grossing made film, and even when watching it again, As Good as it Gets is an amazing film that never seems to get old. Jack Nicholson does a great job of being a horrible person while also being very charming at some aspects of it. Helen Hunt and Greg Kinnear are also pretty good when trying to make the best of dealing with Jack Nicholson's character, but will say what they have to say when getting him to shut up. The writing by James L. Brooks and Mark Andrus is very naturally well done in terms of the dialogue how it just flows in with the characters, and the characters are three-dimensional, especially Jack Nicholson's character which we seen how he acts, but not why he's like that, and it's kind of done in a mysterious way that it makes me want to know a bit more about him, but is ok with what they put in there in terms of characters development. Even when it's 139 minutes long, As Good as it Gets never felt that long as I was interested in the characters and the humor that it even though it may be structurally similar, it's executed in a very refreshing way that stands out as a classic film for me to rewatch.
February 1, 2017
A multi-Oscar winning romantic comedy starring Jack Nicholson as an incredible misanthropist.
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 11, 2017
I thought the movie would never end. It was picking up ever so slowly and the storyline is quite a mess and over exaggerated.
December 28, 2016
Nicholson is (as always) espectacular here. Helen and Greg are also 100% fine. Amazing comedy with little dips of drama.
November 13, 2016
I Really enjoy this movie, it's on now on TV. Some great moments, feel good movie.