Atlantic Rim - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Atlantic Rim Reviews

½ March 25, 2016
How can two films with the same story be soooo different? Can't wait for Pacific Rim 2 even more after watching this rubbish.
March 1, 2016
Treach is just so amazing!
August 3, 2015
five stars - not for being good (it would only get three for that) but for being cheesy. love cheesy movies.
½ June 8, 2015
Just to say I saw it XD
½ March 21, 2015
A bit of a rip off of PACIFIC RIM, The Asylum's giant monster flick features what many other movies from the company have: poor acting, special effects, writing, among many other things
January 22, 2015
totally ridiculous and funny acting and scenes. waste of time
½ October 8, 2014
Run. Run away as fast as you can. This made sharknado look like a 5 star movie
September 17, 2014
When you see a 'rip-off' so blatantly present even on its name, you know it is not worth it.
April 22, 2014
+ cool mecha - too much talking
March 29, 2014
The acting is absolutely terrible! The cast is a bunch of nobodies with no talent whatsover.
½ March 1, 2014
What a horrible piece of shit. I recommend everyone check it out.
January 11, 2014
Bad bad bad!!! I actually give it zero stars.
December 9, 2013
worst movie ever made, looks cheap, prefer pacific rim
½ November 21, 2013
Very bad movie. The most boring soundtrack, coupled with horrible acting, a plot that makes no sense, and an ending that invalidates the previous struggles, this movie is only watchable for those who find pleasure in witnessing just how bad a movie can be. If the robots can lift the dinosaur and carry the dinosaur out of the atmosphere, why not just drop the dinosaur and let it burn up on re-entering the atmosphere or just wait until the vacuum of space kills it? Nope, lets detonate a nuke in orbit. They could have just lifted the monsters up to a thousand feet and jist dropped it and the thing would have been splattered. The main actors seemed totally detached from reality. And it seems no military knowledge was obtained... even the salutes were horribly mockingly bad. Transformers at least made a good effort at portraying the military properly. Obviously an inferior director for this flick. Glad I did not pay for it.
½ November 17, 2013
Simply a ripoff of the pacific rim! crap!
½ November 3, 2013
One of the worst sci-fi action films I have ever had to sit through. Bad script, bad plot, bad acting, bad directing, bad sets, bad costumes, and not even a very good monster. Your time would be better spent rewatching Cloverfield, or any version and vintage of Godzilla movies.
½ September 21, 2013
Ofte før en storfilm, kommer det en bitteliten film med samme tema. Som her. Styr unna, en skikkelig kalkun.
September 12, 2013
Terrible screenplay and acting defeat moderately good sound and camera work.

The film opens to a spill on an oil rig.
Three untested giant robots are sent to find it. Drunken incompetence results in a lot of collateral damage before an early success over one of the monsters.
The 'hero' gets both lionized and jailed. Nice.
After the first incident, another monster emerges. The robot pilot who was so dedicated to assisting the cleanup is shown playing checkers with his fellow pilot.
The second monster is bombed by one of our stealth aircraft; no one seems to notice that the monster slithers away alive and unharmed.
Gratuitous jiggling and drinking. Florida does not really resemble Manhatten Island that much.
Worst piece of all: the use of giant melee weapons by the giant robots where much more powerful ordinance failed before.
Cinematography: 8/10

Sound: 8/10 OK.

Acting: 0/10 Uniformly bad. This was undoubtedly the worst performance by Grahame Green that I've ever seen. There's a big disconnect between what the actors say and what's supposed to be going on, such as, 'maybe we hit a wreck' -- when the speaker is on a stationary oil rig.

Screenplay: 0/10 Mardi gras in Florida. Interesting, unexpected. 'The pressure is increasing exponentially.' Exponentially is not what it used to be; the issue vanishes two seconds later with no explanation. Which character(s) am I supposed to care about? Unknown. Which plot thread is supposed to be engaging? None of them are. Generally incompetent dialog. Needless romantic triangle that was barely explored.

Special Effects: 7/10 Varies between competent (dinosaurs) and amateurish (fake explosions, loss of the aircraft carrier Wasp).