Avengers: Age of Ultron - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Avengers: Age of Ultron Reviews

½ August 21, 2017
7/10 Rather satisfying, full of over-the-top action, pure eye-candy. Ok overall.
August 20, 2017
And another missing review. I don't feel like re-writing it.

Dear self: I am not entirely certain you saw this movie... (Re)watch required.
August 19, 2017
Definitely good just not great!
½ August 17, 2017
I decided to experience this film more intimately so that I could get the full experience rather than making notes throughout. What I've taken from this movie is that the Avengers started out on a mission of destroying a Hydra base housing the Scepter. After a really funny and laid back party sequence JARVIS is "murdered" by Ultron (an artificial intelligence erected from the Mind Stone) and Ultron attacks the Avengers. Using the twins as his sidekicks he seeks to bring peace to the world through destruction (he obviously has a different meaning of peace). We get to know more about Hawkeye and his life in this film as the Avengers use his home as a safe house after a fighting sequence (destroying most of a city known for mining Vibranium) abroad. We also are able to see the growing relationship between Natasha Romanov (Black Widow) and Bruce Banner (The Hulk). Tensions and feeling are arising between the team. There is a foreshadowing of different members taking sides (Iron Man v. Captain America). JARVIS is given a body and set to life (known in the comics as Vision). One of the longest and most intense fight scenes out of all the Marvel movies (but hey that's what we live for, the Avenger fights). Once again a fabulous ending. Not as good as the first Avengers film but definitely a treat.

Mid credit scene is Thanos wielding his gauntlet (golden glove thing that houses the Infinity Stones) saying, "Fine I'll do it myself".

End credit scene: NONE!

Stan Lee plays a WWII veteran at a party in Avengers Tower. He asks Thor for a sip of his Asgardian drink (very very alcoholic; aged for thousands of years) and later is dragged out of the party saying, "Excelsior". (This is Stan Lee's first multi-scene cameo)

Stone tracker: The Mind Stone (which we discover was contained within the Chitauri Scepter) is placed into the forehead of Vision and powers him.
Side note: Thanos is now after the infinity stones himself.
August 15, 2017
Marvel has been successful!! Now this one was better then the first one and I think that because it gets right down to fighting! And action and the Avengers must fight Ultron he was cool as well as the drowns, I thought and we have some new characters in this movie who will win well that can be answered when you see this movie!
August 14, 2017
Though not as good as the original, Age of Ultron comes off as a fun, action-packed adventure! I recommend it if you liked the first Avengers!
August 13, 2017
Impressive alchemy of action, humor, mythology, science fiction and familiar characters.
August 9, 2017
buena película bien hecho marvel
August 6, 2017
All the comedy threw me out of it many times.
August 6, 2017
Could've been a great film, but the delivery is sloppy, and the writing is turned down. Not a great sequel, but still holds up to be a solid film.
August 5, 2017
No doubt the worst MCU film to date in my opinion. Yes I did say worst. This movie was bland and boring, with a non threatening villain. The worst part is that I wanted to like this movie so bad. I'm a huge MCU fan. But I will call a spade a spade. This movie is so bad that after I saw it in theaters I have not been able to finish it since. Extremely let down by this movie. Not to mention, Quicksilver was atrocious. Overall, this movie was boring, overcrowded, overwhelming, and felt meaningless. I hate I'm saying this, but this film was not good at all. I would not recommend this one.
July 30, 2017
Am I watching a trailer for the next movie?
½ July 28, 2017
Plot was extremely hard to follow
July 28, 2017
Inaccurate tale of the Avengers against a villain who calls himself Ultron but is much lamer.
July 28, 2017
this is the perfect movie. This movie is the crack of all movies...i was a very dependent crack addict so i should know how great crack is. Hulk was amazing in this movie he had me in stitches especially with that one line "oooohh im frustrated!" Ultron as a villain is probably the greatest villain ever! With his undeveloped character you really just dont care and want him to die!
July 24, 2017
Age of Ultron is a film I want to absolutely love, it has so much to like and such an important role in the MCU. However, the emotion is just flat, it's nonexistent at times and the built up anger throughout fizzles away. The tension is here and the suspense is highly dramtic but takes the easy way out every time and it's become equally as stale as the plots. The CGI and globe trotting is fantastic and the characters are all done justice but why is Black Widow, arguably the strongest character always left to the side? It's just incredibly disappointing to see strong female characters pushed to the side once again.
July 23, 2017
The last film in the series of Avengers/Justice League and all that other happy horseshit that has followed. This was watchable but the plots just get out of hand and way over-the-top. Downey Jr. makes the film go but his arrogant character can only carry so far. Save yourself some time and find another series.
July 21, 2017
There is a lot of work i can see , Not Amazing but still good .
July 21, 2017
I liked the first one more
½ July 21, 2017
Avengers Age of Ultron was without a doubt my most anticipated movie of 2015, it was coming off of a brilliant first film with some exceptional trailers. Now I'm just saying this to get it out of the way, this film is not as good as the first movie but it comes damn close. I've said this in all my previous Marvel reviews but this movie has a fantastic cast and exceptional acting. Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johnasson, Jeremy Renner, James Spader, Elizabeth Olson, Aaron Taylor Johnson, Paul Bettany, Cobie Smulders, Samuel L Jackson and Andy Serkis. Everyone is great, especially James Spader who's voice is terrific for Ultron. This film has lots of good to offer and while it's not perfect this is a great movie. The action is absolutely amazing, the film starts with a great action scene where we get to see the team all working together, some great small action sequences, the outstanding Hulkbuster vs Hulk fight, the truck chase scene and the phenomenal ending action sequence. The humour is also brilliant, there's some great banter between characters like the bit where Thor and Tony are comparing girlfriends. The language joke was hilarious as was all the stuff involving lifting Thor's hammer. It's great to see the team all back together and the new additions are also fantastic. I really like how Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver start as villains and have motive for hating the team. The vision was amazing he was probably my favourite part of the film, Captain America is still my favourite Avenger but I don't know Vision was really great. I also love seeing War Machine and Falcon return and I'm so happy how they are involved in the end of the film. I can't talk about this movie without talking about Ultron. He was amazing, he was intimidating, surprisingly funny and actually did stuff to affect the future movies. I would've liked him to be a little more serious at times but I loved him in the movie. When he first came in he was really creepy and his new design later in the film was also great. I also love how he actually sing Pinnochio in part of the movie and it wasn't just a trailer thing. Joss Whedon fantastically directs this movie like the previous entry and I'm sad he won't be returning for avengers 3. One of the best parts of this movie is when Scarlett Witch infects the teams minds, what we see is brilliant. My favourite was hoe we see Black Widow's past it was creepy and very mysterious. I feel Joss Whedon really listened to a few of the complaints from the first movie and applied them to this one, for example Captain America has so much more to do in the movie than he did in the first and his costume is hugely improved. However one of the things I was happiest about was the handeling of Hawkeye ha was so much better in this film and had some of the best jokes in the movie, about halfway through the film we get a reveal about him that makes you care about him much more, it was great. Another one of my favourite things was the handling of the Hulk, what I really loved was the way that once they had used him for a mission they had to use Black Widow to calm him down, that was great, but it was also great to see him fight Iron Man. One of the best and funniest parts of the film is a bit that involves the Vision and Thor, it made the whole cinema laugh and was actually really cool. The ending for this film was perfect it brilliantly set up the future movies and I love what they have done with the team. However even though this is a great movie there are unfortunately quite a few problems. The biggest flaw I have is how rushed the start is with Ultron, it felt as if they didn't want to spend loads of time on Ultrons origin. Joss Whedon has announced the film was originally 3 and a half hours long and he will be releasing an extended cut, I can't wait to see that. As I said earlier Ultron is at times quite a funny character but there are times when it would have been better to have him be serious. There are also scenes from the trailer that are missing which is really annoying for example we never get that mysterious woman by the pool, or Scarlett Witch falling to her knees screaming or the Hulk overcoming Bruce Banner. The character of Selvig is brought in to the movie for no reason just for a pointless scene where Thir visits the strange cave with the water, I feel that scene could have been cut out of the film and it would have made little difference. Another really big problem is that Tony blowing up all his suits at the end of Iron Man 3 is completely forgotten about as he suddenly just has more. Also I wanted more Andy Serkis, he has a very small role in the film, this does make sense as I think he's setting up Black Panther but come on guys I just wanted to see more of him, the last time I saw him in a live action role was King Kong which is almost 10 years old. Also while Aaron Taylor Johnson is great as Quicksilver he's not as good as Evan Peters, his accents a bit dodgy and it's a shame we only get to see his slow motion vision for about twenty seconds. However flaws aside this is a great film, it's funny action packed and while it does deliver on the dark moments promised in the trailer it's still a very fun movie. I hope this makes loads at the box office as Marvel have made another good movie, it's not perfect but I would put in top five with Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier, Avengers and Iron Man. B