Avengers: Age of Ultron - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Avengers: Age of Ultron Reviews

October 18, 2017
The movie equivalent of taking all your action figures and smashing them together, Avengers: Age of Ultron is probably the most underrated film in the MCU. The victim of too much hype and impossibly high expectations, it obviously fails to need those expectations. Despite that, it's actually a fantastic movie. The acting, action, and CGI are all incredible, the story is simple but good, and the script is great. Paul Bettany was the perfect choice for Vision, and the smooth silky voice of James Spader makes Ultron the most underrated villain in the MCU. Andy Serkis gives surprisingly good, albeit brief, performance as Ulysses Klaue. It couldn't live up to the first Avengers, but Age of Ultron is great anyway.
October 17, 2017
The whole movie was Awesome leaving me wanting more The only thing down about it was the lack of "at the very end credit scene" The entire audience including myself AWWWW'ed when nothing happened.. seriously, would it have killed your budget Joss to add a clip at the end ;_;
October 13, 2017
Loved Ultron, the Hulkbuster and Vision. Loved the CGI (particularly Thor destroying Sokovia with one blow) and loved the final battle even more than The Avengers' final battle.
October 8, 2017
It was a flawed but good film overall. Ultimately the movie suffered from too much baggage. Too many plot elements, too many characters, too many overlong action scenes,a rushed pace and too much set up for Phase 3 that all gets in the way of the drama. But there is still enough emotion to get invested, the writing/direction is strong,and it's entertaining so for me the movie strikes a weird balance of being both underwhelming and satisfying.
½ October 7, 2017
Probably one of the most disappointing Marvel movies but still worth the price of admission. The movie was too spread out and long and lacked the focus and a villain who could make you really emotional. Only a few scenes were interesting and the fact they just killed off Von Strucker nonchalantly bugged me as he was actually interesting.
½ October 6, 2017
People really have a bad taste of movies these days.
September 30, 2017
It was amazing if you liked the first one or any Marvel movie you must watch this !!! :)
½ September 30, 2017
I have an odd view when it comes to looking at Avengers: Age of Ultron. First, I'd like to start by rattling off my positives for the film. The cast as a whole is great, the story is compelling and builds off the story of the first Avengers well, and does a good job introducing its new characters to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I won't go extremely in depth on these praises, as most of these can describe most of the MCU movies effectively. My "odd opinion" here is that I can't really pinpoint exactly why Age of Ultron doesn't work as well as its predecessor. I will say that the film does feel bloated at times; that is, it could've been about twenty minutes shorter and would've felt more streamlined, in my opinion. However, I can't really pinpoint any particular scenes or sequences and say that they could've done without in the final product. I do recall reading various articles following the movie's release stating to some extent that director Joss Whedon was burnt out following the two Avengers movies. I think that sentiment, if true, does show in the film. However, don't let these observations sway you away from choosing to watch this if you still haven't yet. Though it doesn't feel as fresh as the first film, Avengers: Age of Utlron can still be enjoyed by any Marvel fan or general moviegoer.
½ September 28, 2017
Love the action hate how the made ultron
½ September 27, 2017
I don't agree with the critics, this is a fun movie, and that's all it's trying to be. I love it.
½ September 21, 2017
Falls short to the first film. Still entertaining though.
September 20, 2017
at times it feels overstuffed and its not as good as avengers 1 but still a great movie
½ September 18, 2017
joss really had his work cut out for him to meet the fans expectations after the first film and to manage to cram all the crap that marvel wanted in this film that the film is as good as it is is a mark of how good joss is lets hope that he can do the same with the dc universe
September 18, 2017
Avengers: Age of Ultron serves as an overstuffed but mostly satisfying sequel!
September 15, 2017
a Mediocre Blockbuster. at least Ultron is sort of Attractive
½ September 14, 2017
The First One is WAY Better. But Still worth a Watch.
September 11, 2017
The most underrated marvel movie that is truly a really fun movie.
½ September 9, 2017
Joss Whedon didn't dissappoint this time! "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is one of the most explosive Marvel movies ever made. However that doesn't mean it's a perfect movie, action and CGI are not the same as quality of storytelling. All the main cast are again confortable with their characters and they couldn't be better. Even though, Stark's vision wasn't as important as I was expecting and Quicksilver received a bad treatment, he didn't need to be in film. On the other hand, Ultron is a good villain and his philosophy is interesting, he would have been perfect if he just said less dreadful phrases.
½ September 7, 2017
Avengers: Age of Ultron is satisfying to watch, even the lower moments of the movie was great thanks to the cast's chemistry. But the attempt to further build the universe and quickly develop relationships cause the movie to fall a little.
½ September 4, 2017
The Avengers Age of Ultron (if you can even call this "movie" such without putting prefix "Fail" somewhere in the title) is one of, if not the most overrated, lackluster, contentless, and uninspiring superhero sequels that for the past ten years. (Still not as bad and unintelligibly insulting as Iron Man 2. But close.)

Mainly because this movie does not deserves anything from what was ascribed to it. Many claim that it's better than the original. Which, to be fair, doesn't say much, considering that I thought the original Avengers was an okay movie.(And that comes from a die-hard comic book fanboy who's been reading Avengers titles since late 90s) But this movie, even despite the fact that I don't love the first movie, is way below the first movie. The Avengers Age of Ultron has a poorly scripted and poorly thought-out plot that gives no investigation to the actual story. It has poorly written while decently acted characters. Captain America is the most uninteresting and uninspiring character in the whole film, even considering the fact that he is supposed to be a leader and the core of the group.

But it doesn't say much, since every character in this film was bland and uninspiring. It relied way too much on the overused and formulaic humor that most of the time feels out of the place. And, of course, since it's Marvel Studios, we have YET another bland, uninteresting villain with weak motives (which is a standard for any MCU movie at this point). List goes on and on. And there is no excuse for this movie to be they way it is, like, for example, "This movie was meant to be fun. It's not supposed to be taken seriously".

Well, in this sense, I'm taking seriously the fact that most people overacting and overpraising dull and uninspiring movies like this.

Overall, not worth it. I guess I will stick reading old reprints of Kurt Busiek's Avengers run to restore my love for these characters after I saw the movie.