Back to the Future - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Reviews

Page 1 of 2050
½ June 22, 2018
This isn't only science-fiction, this is The Movie: there are science-fiction, romance, action and even comedy. We all know that the bursting couple Zemeckis-Spielberg worked but I surely think that no one thought it could work SO well. Back to the Future is the gripping story of a family in the 80s and then in the 50s. Oh come on, who hated 80s? And 50s? This has been a good choice. And the story hasn't started yet. This is also the story of a friendship which is pretty particular: it's between a 17-year-old high school guy, Marty McFly, and a crazy-supposed scientist, Emmet Brown. Old good Emmet is always called "Doc" by Marty. Just at the beginning of the movie we see it, or should I say "her"? The real protagonist: The customized DeLorean DMC-12! Oh God, she's worth 2 of my 4 and a half stars. I would be able to talk for days about "Back to the Future" but now I must summarize: I don't know what I liked the most, I loved everything, but the character I shared the most feeling with is 50s George McFly a typical "grind" (he cannot be called a nerd) who wants to ask a girl out but he's too shy and prefers smashing himself by watching sci-fi movies, and we all know that there's nothing better than 50s science-fiction. The main reason why I love Back to the Future is all in all the connection between me and George that I strongly feel. Go ahead nerds!
June 12, 2018
Back to the Future is a 1985 American science fiction film directed by Robert Zemeckis.
GGNC 1001
June 6, 2018
This film has fascinated and moved me the most in my childhood.
½ June 3, 2018
Let's face it, this movie is fun to watch. Let's pretend they didn't make the sequels.
May 31, 2018
Watching in 2018 (three years later than Marty and Doc Brown do to at the end of the movie), and I can say soundly that Back to the Future still holds up to film critic scrutiny.
May 23, 2018
Also one of my favorite movies!
May 12, 2018
My favorite movie (y)
May 11, 2018
An absolute must watch!
May 10, 2018
I like this film, but it feels like a significant step along the steady decline of Zemeckis's career from "Used Cars" all the way down to the Jim Carrey version of "A Christmas Carol". It's big, simple and genuinely entertaining, but it also feels extremely appropriate that Huey Lewis features so prominently. This is all empty calories. Except for Crispin Glover ... he's over there in a completely different movie.
½ April 27, 2018
An AWESOME classic that has some great plot twists!!!
½ April 23, 2018
OMG Speilberg and Zemechis are gold together
April 15, 2018
Happy to fight anyone that has a bad word to say about this movie.
April 14, 2018
I love this movie it has everything. one of my favorites
April 9, 2018
A classic in every sense of the word. It has it all: timeless characters, a timeless score, and a literally timeless story! (Get it, because, its a story about time travel? Anyone? Okay, I'll stop) This is an amazing movie that hasn't aged one bit.
April 8, 2018
The very definition of a 5 star movie. From the direction and the casting to the story itself and the unmistakable score, Back to the Future has it all.
½ April 7, 2018
I'm pretty sure this movie, along with its two sequels, will never get boring. It's a classic, funny and adventurous film, one that you can always come back to, watch again and enjoy just as much as you did the first time.
April 4, 2018
Clever, funny and without a single dull moment, Back to the Future is one of the most entertaining films ever made and is easily one of the highlights of the 1980s.
April 4, 2018
I liked the movie it was very good. I think it was very well how they planned out the story. It had minor details that made the movie very clever. Like how the mall changed rom twin pines to lone pine when the kid ran over the tree in the past.
March 31, 2018
This movie really doesn't need my praise, it's a classic for a reason, the thing is damn near perfect. Yes, I've read all the internet articles about how it's "secretly horrifying", and watching it again yeah there are some weird things to it that are pretty hard to ignore, especially the whole oedipal side of things. And there are some sexist issues surrounding the Loraine character who really just is there as a prize to let things happen to her, and this is a troublesome detail that's hard to ignore. Really these things didn't bother me that much though, because the movie surrounding it is so wildly original and just so much fun. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd are clearly having a blast, and they can give huge laughs simply with a certain look. What impressed me most about watching this movie again though is how well it still works. Even though I've probably seen this movie close to 100 times, it still gets the reactions from me that it's looking for. During the iconic clock tower scene, I couldn't help but tense up and scream at the screen. It's impressive enough for a movie to get that reaction the first time I've seen it, let alone when I've seen the movie enough times to have that scene memorized. You can pick the movie apart all you want, and its got its share of 80s cheese, but it's thrilling and just plain fun. Quite possibly one of the best movies ever made.
Page 1 of 2050