Back to the Future - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Reviews

Page 1 of 2047
September 16, 2017
My favorite film of all time.
½ September 8, 2017
I had heard nothing but good things about this movie for the longest time. Now that I finally watched I happy that it lives up to most of the hype! The special effects hold up very well and CHRISTOPHER Lloyd is as usual a treat to watch.
September 8, 2017
No matter how many times I watch this movie I always enjoy every aspect of it. It is one of my favorite movies from my childhood and one of my favorites of all time as well. Even though the story is somewhat dated, you should still pass this movie on to future generations.
September 3, 2017
This my favorite movie ever
½ September 3, 2017
Bad. It's a bootleg version of Return to Dystopia.
August 29, 2017
classic film. awesome
August 15, 2017
Back to the future allows Michael J. Fox to meet a Professor who has created a time machine out of an old Delorian. Mayhem occurs in Part 2 and Part 3 I have this Movie a *4* star Rating which is a must see blockbuster of a Movie!!!!
August 14, 2017
Back to the Future is a timeless (no pun intended) classic. The humor, cinematography, and characters are all unforgettable. It is truly, a masterpiece.
August 11, 2017
Back to the Future is a movie that should be praised the most for being a science-fiction movie with few special effects and focusing more on the whole romcom type thing it's got going on that advances the story forward. It's not just a funny movie whilst establishing Robert Zemeckis' cinematic gifts - I do enjoy his movies...even the ones with all that creepy animation. Your uncanny valley has no effect on me - but also a movie that never ceases to deliver anything that'll keep you entertaining. I admit the climax is fun but I think the skateboard chase was better. It felt fun. Shame I'll never be involved in skateboarding due to my lack of confidence and hesitance to participate in the wonderful world of extreme sports. Skateboarding looks awesome. Anyway, where was I? I also like Back to the Future on a somewhat more personal level regarding the date that's constantly mentioned in the trilogy. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd have great chemistry together as a team and there's also a mix of attention to detail and historical references. Hill Valley really does have that 1950's feel to it, doesn't it? It's funny to see Doc refuse to believe that an actor from the '50s would become the president of the U.S. where he sarcastically claims that certain '50s celebrities are going to be involved in politics. Oh, and one of the best movie soundtracks ever. I may be more of a modern music person but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy some songs from the '80s. "The Power of Love" and "Back in Time" are certainly pretty catchy. So, all in all, Back to the Future is a humorous, clever, well-directed and, in a way, thrilling ride that ought to please children and adults alike.
August 8, 2017
Michael J Fox truly brought his character Marty to life. Back to the future is one of the most notorious time travel movies of all time. Everything about it was well constructed from the soundtrack to the distinct features of each decade. This classical movie combines romance, comedy and sci-fi to create an inventive film loved by all ages.
August 8, 2017
This is the 2nd best Robert Zemeckis I have ever seen. With a nice 80s feel to it great editing and unforgettable actors. Back to the future is a film
that no one should forget
August 7, 2017
The writing is oh so clever. It constantly foreshadows and pre-shadows (is that even a term?) The events of the past, present, and future of the narrative. Back to the Future juggles so many small details that it is amazing how it doesn't get lost within itself. It could so easily fall apart; either becoming too all over the place or too on the nose as it constantly winks at the audience, but the film sticks its landing with gusto. Fittingly, the script toys with time to the point where foreshadowing story events ends up mirroring the ideology of how events in the past can affect the future. The film breathes life into that idea and gives it its own personality acting as the structural backbone for our story.
½ August 6, 2017
A near-perfect film featuring charismatic performances by Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd. It's got great jokes, exciting music, engaging set pieces, but most importantly, a BIG heart.
August 6, 2017
Loved by many, Back to the Future is regarded as one of the best time-travelling films, and it's easy to see why. Brilliantly written with enough stories going on outside of the main plot and comedic moments aplenty, it may have its criticisms with regards to plot convenience but they barely take away from what is a truly brilliant film.
½ August 4, 2017
Back to the future is a fun, exciting movie, more or less a mix of spider man homecoming and the prisoner of Azkaban. Two of my favorite movies.
July 30, 2017
Is this an extended episode of Rick and Morty?
July 27, 2017
Back to the Future is amazingly well played. The cast successfully fill in their parts. I love this movie and always will.
July 24, 2017
One of my all time favourite movies and franchises. Just a simply outstanding combination of storytelling, characters, acting, and humour, all entwined in a crazily-fun sci-fi setting. Loved these as a kid, and still love them now. 5/5*
July 8, 2017
Fox is the ideal Marty McFly. The phenomenal acting, strong storyline, and vibe of the movie is what makes it my favorite movie of all time. Fox and Lloyd are the dynamic duo in this comical yet firm story of teenage love, bully vanquishment, and a bond that will last forever.
Page 1 of 2047