Bad Times at the El Royale Reviews

• 2d ago

It Has The Typical Comparison Against Some Tarintino'esk Methods Of Film-Making, That Being Blunted & Unsubtle, Unstable Violence, A Classic Off-Kilter Soundtrack Matching The Equally Oddball Cast Of Characters, A Chopped Up & Out-Of-Order / Different Perspectives Storyline, A Few Red-Herring Villians & Of Course Some Solid One-Off, Dialogue Infused Selillique Performaces, Pouring Out Creepy Character Dynamics. It's Pretty Much A Different Flavour Of That Tarintino 'Pulp-Fiction' Ice-Cream, But Boy Does It Taste Pretty Damn Good. Won't Let You Down As Long As You're In The Right Frame Of Mind. I Can See How Though Some Viewers, Just Like With Other Similar Genred Gore-Infused Classic-Gangsta Films, Will Find This Tired & Something They Will Struggle Yo Stick With.

• 4d ago

If you want to make a good movie, the audience has to like or at least be interested in the characters. Half way through this I felt like I could care less about any of these characters.

• 6d ago

Let's keep an eye on Cynthia Erivo... The new Viola Davis?

Let's keep an eye on Cynthia Erivo... The new Viola Davis?

• May 09, 2019

Favorite movie I have seen this year. it made me think of a darker version of The Big Lebowski.

• May 06, 2019

Me ha gustado algo mas de lo que esperaba, pero al final se me ha hecho bastante cuesta arriba

• May 02, 2019

a great film, that feels a lot like a Tarantino. A number of great twists that keeps people guessing on what will happen next. Great cast and direction.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Apr 30, 2019

From writer/director Drew Goddard comes the thrilling noir crime drama Bad Times at the El Royale. The story follows seven strangers at a hotel built on the California/Nevada border who each has a secret, and before long things turn deadly. Starring Jeff Bridges, Jon Hamm, Dakota Johnson, and Chris Hemsworth, the cast is quite impressive and delivers really strong performance; especially Bridges. And Goddard's directing style adds a lot of intrigue and tension. He also uses a Tarantino-esque narrative, breaking the story into character chapters, which enhances the mystery of who the characters are and what's going on at the hotel. Additionally, the set designs, costumes, and music do an excellent job at setting an atmospheric mood and tone. Bad Times at the El Royale is a well-crafted and compelling film that's full of suspense.

• Apr 29, 2019

Boring, too long, no payoff at the end. Hated cabin fever too

Boring, too long, no payoff at the end. Hated cabin fever too

• Apr 29, 2019

Absolutely thrilling! I loved this movie! Firstly it is worth mentioning how good the trailer was for this movie; it drew you in without giving anything away, which is so rare these days. The movie did not disappoint. A great story, great cast, well written and directed. It is the best thriller in years.

• Apr 27, 2019

A fun and really enjoyable crime movie that feels original. Some good acting.

A fun and really enjoyable crime movie that feels original. Some good acting.