Bambi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bambi Reviews

June 22, 2018
I don't think it's as sad as everyone thinks it is. Everyone loses a parent here and there (especially in Disney films) and so it's no surprise when Bambi's mother got shot (yeah, spoiler). What's way more compelling is the way Bambi discovers his world, how his friends Thumper and Flower coming along and how they grow up. It's such a sweet story that's basically the counterdraft to Pincchio who had to learn to be a good boy while Bambi is everyone's darling from the beginning.
June 12, 2018
I wish Bambi was either more poetic or more of a narrative. As it is, it moves between the two of them, and is good at both, but doesn't find the real balance between them. The death is incredibly sad and really holds up, but the transition away from it is pretty abrupt...and that is just a microcosm of the whole movie. Still, the individual parts are great: the animation, the characters, the humble humor, the pathos. Slight and forgettable in whole, but impressive in pieces.
May 24, 2018
In a word: Cute. The story of a young deer and his journey through life.
May 18, 2018
It was fascinating to go back and rewatch 'Bambi' a few days after watching Disney's 'Robin Hood' which was produced 30 years after the classic deer feature. The difference in artistry on display is just astounding. Every single frame in 'Bambi' is just absolutely stunning.
The story of the film is as simple as they come but it hardly matters when the film looks this beautiful.
But on top of just beautiful the movie is poignant and provides one of the most spot-on depictions of children I've ever seen on film. The scene where Bambi and Faline meet as young deer is so perfectly written and depicted that I can only assume one of the film's writers or animators witnessed the exact same interaction with his/her own child meeting someone new. It's magic and just one wonderful component of this overall masterpiece.
½ May 17, 2018
La scarsa presenza di scene memorabili come avviene negli altri classici Disney degli stessi anni lo rende uno dei pił deboli rispetto alla sua concorrenza. Nonostante questo, resta un classico degno di questo nome, con una storia intensa e toccante.
April 17, 2018
One of the greatest animated films ever made. It contains some beautiful animation and amazing music. It's a really well done combination of whimsical and sweet, along with powerful drama. And it contain some one of the most shocking and heartbreaking scenes in the history of movies, you know what it is. It has earned its status as a classic.
April 2, 2018
bambi is great show and i hate for sad mother
March 30, 2018
Aside from the infamous shooting scene that tramatised kids for life, there is so much to admire in Bambi's outstanding art direction at the time, poetic score and it's more realistic character animation almost makes the film feels like a Studio Ghibli film at times in which I wouldn't be surprised if Japanese animators were influenced by this film's impact. An overall classic that's "deer" to many people's hearts indeed.
March 15, 2018
Bambi is a good educational movie to teach people of the nature and to help preserve it and protect it. Bambi is about a young deer that grows up in the forest and learns from his mother the importance of the forest. He experience some trails from nature's enemy, man. It shows the circle of life in the forest. Bambi shows that the environment is important and that mothers have important role in children's life. Bambi shows the power of friendship and that with friends we can grow strong. The movie bambi is one of disney's classics that shows emotion and love.

Bambi is a good example of an environmental friendly movie. It took place in a forest where lots of animals lived. He learns how to survive through winter and other seasons. In the movie when man was in the forest they left their mark. As not taking care of their fire it got out of control and it started a wildfire across the forest making the animals retreat to safety. The fire destroyed the animals home, Showing kids the damage of wildfires makes them understand the reasons why we have to be careful that we don't play with fire. Bambi shows that we as humans have a responsibility to take care of the environment.

Bambi's mother is a good role model for our parents now a days. She knows the life of the forest and the dangers. "Bambi's mother taught Bambi about the forest life and the danger of humans" (disney wikia bambi mother paragraph 4). In the movie, bambi's mother stopped bambi before he could run into the meadow. She went ahead to make sure it was safe for bambi to come out. When it was winter time she made sure bambi knows where to look for shrubs. When she noticed something wrong she told bambi to run. she keeps encouraging him to run all the way back to their home. Bambi's mother protected bambi and took care of him. She always made sure bambi was out of danger. And when bambi is in danger she helps him out of it by putting herself in danger. It shows that mothers love their children and would do anything for them.

Bambi shows that friendship is everything. He had two friends, thumper the bunny and flower the skunk. Thumper taught bambi how to speak and told Bambi what things were called. They went through trials together and they accomplished many things. They did things together. An example in the movie when bambi was all grown up it was the season of spring in other words the season of love. They learned from the great owl about Twitterpated. They did not want that so they stayed together but they soon fell into the trap of love. With friends you can get do things you wouldn't be able to do alone. Bambi showed that friends can solve problems together.

On the other hand people say that Bambi has lots of scary scenes that children can't handle. This point of view makes sense because, half way in the movie Bambi's mother gets shot by the humans hunters. Kids sometimes don't understand why bambi's mother is gone and not coming back. However having parents or adults with the kids they can explain what happened and reassure them. Therefore, Bambi can teach kids the reasons why hunters do what they do.

Bambi does show the beauty and the importances of nature. Bambi has many important roles in the show that we as people should follow. Bambi shows the importances of friends and how they can help you. Bambi teaches the importance of environment and that we all have an important part in this world and that we can make it better and strong.

Bambi

Bambi. Dir. James Algar. Perf. Hardie Albright, Stan Alexander. RKO Radio Pictures, 1942.

DVD.

Bambi is about a young deer growing up in the woods. He meets a young bunny and they

become friends. He also finds a young doe and falls in love. Bambi loses his mother to man. He has to grow up with another female deer. He gets chased by man's dogs. He has to be brave and lead the deer away. Bambi is for family viewing. Bambi should be watched with parents to help little kids understand what happened to bambi's mother. Life is hard for bambi for all of the conflicts he meets on his way of growing up. The movie of bambi is a Primary source because it is the movie. It is the read deal.

Edwards, Jonathan. "The Death of Bambi's Mother Revealed In Deleted Scene Storyboard."

Screengeek 22 nov 2016. Screengeek. Web. 30 jan 2018.

Bambi is more darker than people thought. Disney can go deep in the story plot. It is best for adults to only see the deleted scene storyboard as it is depressing. Showing the scene of bambi's mother's death is sad.

Wallace, Betsy. "Bambi" common sense media. Common sense media. Web. 31 jan 2018.

The author tells what people should know before they start watching the movie. He tells that we should talk to the kids about the killing of the mother. He describes the color and music making it realistic. He shows the main points in the movie about love and danger. He tells that some kids might not be able to handle some of the story plots.

Youtube. "Essential Films: bambi(1942)." Online video clip. Youtube, 20 aug 2017. Web.

30 jan 2018.

The author is arguing if bambi is the best disney movie of all time. He believes that disney films should have a mix of beauty and grace. Bambi has love, war, birth, and death all in one film. "Bambi was a disappointed at the box office." (2:30). In disney golden age bambi was at the top. He believed that bambi was meant to show the hard life. Bambi goes though the seasons and life. He shows an interview with the voice of bambi.
March 14, 2018
The tonal shift is not handled all that well and the characters are mostly endearing but not too memorable in Bambi which is a powerful portrayal of life in the wilderness with some of the best, most artistic and realistic animation of all time, some truly heartbreaking/striking scenes and an impressively mature approach to telling its story. It is definitely one of Disney's most respectable and darkest outings, but far from their most accomplished works.
March 10, 2018
A Classic Family Movie A Disney classic
January 13, 2018
I've been wanting to share my opinion about Bambi in a long time.
I watched it once when I was a kid, but I didn't like it, and I literally cried for a long time after watching this because it was very sad.
Honestly, I'd rather listen to Charlie & Lola stories all night than ever watch this again! Keep it away from me! This is a Bambi-free zone! UNDERSTAND?
September 19, 2017
Not my favorite I found it to slow of a movie, my favorite is when Bambi meets flour I thought that was a good part, other than that I was not a fan of the movie
September 16, 2017
Top 10: Superheroes

1. Superman (Clark Kent/Kal-El) (DC Comics) (Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster) (1938 - Present)

2. Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Marvel Comics) (Stan Lee & Steve Ditko) (1962 - Present)

3. Batman (Bruce Wayne) (DC Comics) (Bob Kane & Bill Finger) (1939 - Present)

4. Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Marvel Comics) (Joe Simon & Jack Kirby) (1941 - Present)

5. Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Marvel Comics) (Stan Lee & Jack Kirby) (1962 - Present)

6. Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Marvel Comics) (Stan Lee & Larry Lieber & Don Heck & Jack Kirby) (1963 - Present)

7. Thor (Thor Odison) (Marvel Comics) (Stan Lee & Larry Lieber & Jack Kirby) (1962 - Present)

8. Daredevil (Matt Murdock) (Marvel Comics) (Stan Lee & Bill Everett) (1964 - Present)

9. Wolverine (James Howlett/Logan/Weapon X) (Marvel Comics) (Roy Thomas & Len Wein & John Romita Sr.) (1974 - Present)

10. Punisher (Frank Castle) (Marvel Comics) (Gerry Conway & John Romita Sr. & Ross Andru) (1974 - Present)
September 8, 2017
Spoiler: Bambi's Mom dies
August 11, 2017
SPOILER ALERT : They kill my boy Bambi's mother smh! Because of that I can only give it 4 stars.
August 3, 2017
A great forest tale, an must-see in par with ''Pinocchio'' or ''Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'', ''Bambi'' is enduring, beautiful, and very touching (sometimes to much sad for kids) movie that will be saw trough generations!

|It's an 8,2 out of 10|
July 18, 2017
It's filled to the brim with groundbreaking animation and an incredible soundtrack, but with all its visual poetry and greatest-hits of adolescent experiences, it doesn't go half as far as it could with the story it has on its hands.
July 16, 2017
The colors and the images in this movie are so visually striking and beautiful.
½ June 26, 2017
Bambi brings in a new emotional and touching classic in terms of Disney animated movies, even if it lacks the pacing and characterization of the other films.