Banana Split Reviews

• 17h ago

Cute concept, weak execution. Characters were one dimensional, and it was an idea that felt overplayed and uninteresting. Dialogue was meh. Looked up the movie to try to find a comedy, didn't find myself laughing much. Just kind of a cliche. Kept waiting for the payoff that never came.

• 3d ago

I saw this because of 90% critics rating on RT and literally only watched it to find a shred of quality that would justify any part of the 90% mark. I am that much of a sheep. Clearly someone thought this concept of "ex and current girlfriend becoming besties" would work amazingly, but it probably only worked on paper. The chemistry between characters is barelly there, and the "montage" where they are meant to be bonding looks is so generic, like they wanted to make an extra few bucks by selling it later as stock footage. The ginger actor who plays "wacky but wise comedy relief" has basically cemented himself in that role for the rest of his career. Boy, as soon as I saw him, I was like: "ok, that's the comedy relief". How much money is enough pal?? Do some experimental cinema for christ sake, salvage something of your career, you're not even in the cast listing on rottentomatoes or google xD Ok I wasted enough time on this garbage

• 6d ago

It's amazing! I loved the way that the talk about friendship and relationship in general without having rivalry. Congrats!

• Apr 02, 2020

Acting was pleasant enough, but the movie talked so much about how they WEREN'T GAY that it was borderline homophobic. Additionally, there was zero context for anything going on in the movie, and no emotional pull--very shallow.

• Mar 31, 2020

Muito gostoso ver esse filme

Muito gostoso ver esse filme

• Mar 31, 2020

Cool lil movie, can’t remember seeing any black people... cmon.

Cool lil movie, can’t remember seeing any black people... cmon.

• Mar 29, 2020

While it doesn´t reach the brilliance of last years ´Booksmart´ as the great female buddy platonic non-lesbian relationship comedy, Banana Split provides enough charm from its leads to carry it though the predictable parts.

• Mar 29, 2020

It an OK teen comedy, but certainly nothing special and a relatively predictable plot.

• Mar 29, 2020

Sweet, funny, endearing. Hanna Marks brings a wonderfully crafted film to the screen with great performances and chemistry between co-stars Marks and Liana Liberato. The only flaw I found was no form of closure on the relationship of Marks' character April and Nick (Played by Dylan Sprouse) or closure between April and Ben (Played by Luke Spencer Roberts). Otherwise it was a wonderful journey to go on with them.

• Mar 29, 2020

This was a refreshing take on the young-adult, coming of age genre. I’d liken it to films like “Edge of Seventeen” and “Book Smart”. The characters feel real and the drama organic. Nothing about the film feels forced, which is more than I can say for most young-adult films. Highly recommend if you’re in to the films I mentioned above.