Barefoot - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Barefoot Reviews

October 23, 2013
Probably my favorite German film.
January 12, 2013
after years on top as an actor & director, this is the best and most beautiful, inspiring, touching message Til Schweiger's ever sent.
January 10, 2013
This German romantic comedy drama is really the fruit of the influence of all those sloppy American films of the same kind. Certainly one to miss.
September 4, 2012
The soundtrack is amazing.
December 30, 2011
Awesome romantic comedy! Assuming you understand German !
October 24, 2011
I'm sorry, Til Schweiger, I'm still not buying your acting/directing.
October 18, 2011
The plot is corny although the leads are good and there are some genuinely funny moments.
October 9, 2011
Loved this film! :D
I also loved how it had a nice ending which is rare with a film of this subject matter. I loved how it developed and the acting... it was nice and different!
Not entirely same-old but different, and with enough taste of home to relax and enjoy it for the ace film it is! :D
½ September 17, 2011
kinda cute. definitely recommend it.
June 2, 2011
Loving someone because of their flaws. Not in spite of them.
May 23, 2011
if you are to watch a romantic comedy, make it a German one, bitte! Really well shot, great cinematography work. It totally follows the romantic comedy storyline structure, so nothing is unexpected, but it's quite a pleasant movie to watch anyday. Til Schweiger does what he always does, but Johanna Wokalek became quite a discovery for me, since the only time I've seen her was in Der Baader Meinhof Projekt, in which she plays totally unrecognizable character comparing to this one. Quite an acting range, I must say. So all in all, a light weekend movie, well done, well performed, better than ANY Hollywood romantic comedy anyday.
January 31, 2011
A loser falls for a traumatized/mentally ill girl, duh!
December 15, 2010
loved the colors of the film but.... At least it is over and done with.
½ November 17, 2010
One of that movies got magic... An extraordinary love story between a loser man and a girl has psychological problems. An entertaining road movie for the ones who think love can get over all the problems.
½ November 14, 2010
It's not bad. The climax makes me wanna punch someone though. Inter-cutting previous moments to make me feel more emotion towards the situation? I'm not stupid; I can remember what happened an hour ago. Mr. Schweiger, keep directing. Your work is pretty good.
October 10, 2010
It has it's moments. But overall it's just overacted, German-Hollywood tripe. It's like a director looked at a hollywood film with Synchronsprecher and said, "Let's make something like this." It's super cheesy. And as much as I try, I can never enjoy cheesy films.
½ September 28, 2010
well done ! (chocia┼╝ bardziej mi si─? podoba┼?a polska wersja tej historii pt. Ogr├│d Luizy)
September 6, 2010
I'm quite critical with regards to what I consider to be good movies, and this one I truly enjoyed. Crazy & funny movie!!
July 14, 2010
I have nothing negative to say about this film; in fact, I love it! It's enthralling and it is acted brilliantly. It touched my heart and made me laugh. There's something about Leila's innocent view of love and life that is just captivating! I really would recommend this film!
½ April 15, 2010
This movie was delightfully lulzy; who said Germans have no sense of humour? <3 Til