Bareilly Ki Barfi Reviews

• Sep 18, 2019

An above average entertainer that mainly works because of the actors, especially Rajkummar's rao brilliant comedic performance.

• Jul 27, 2019

Sweet and cute movie...

Sweet and cute movie...

• Mar 18, 2019

I think the star cast did a stellar job with this one. I am loving the extremely realistic and ordinary environment Ayushmann and Raj. Rao are presenting in their movies. It's very refreshing. the story was simple but very entertaining as well as well written and executed. I see no plot holes or over the top theatrics and performances. The chemistry was beautiful between the three leads. Finally, Rajkumar Rao outshone everyone with his performance here.

• Mar 16, 2019

"Bareilly Ki Barfi" is a sweet and charming romantic comedy. I thought the movie found a creative way to handle a love triangle type premise. The movie has some solid social commentary woven into a genuinely funny and heartfelt story. I thought all three of the main actors in the movie did a very good job and they are what makes this movie stand out among others in this genre. The movie does hit some predictable notes, especially near the end, but I always found it to be a unique movie because the premise is a lot of fun. Overall, fans of romantic comedies and particularly Bollywood romantic comedies will like this smart, charismatic, well acted and put together movie.

• Jan 20, 2019

A cute movie with funny dialogue but with a plot that has holes. But movies like these usually have weak plots. I enjoyed it and watched it a second the following day.

• Jan 20, 2019

Kriti looks her best send Raj Kumar Rai livens up the movie in every scene he was present.

• Nov 29, 2018

Fun romantic comedy, the movie scores on all counts, a sweet story with laughs, charming casting with great performances, the direction and music are also spot on. I love the script choice of Ayushmann Khurrana, they are always unique.

• Oct 13, 2018

The most pretentiously feminist film ever, probably. We have seen half baked apologies but a half baked transformation or say reformation for a character is a first. May be. Would have rated it 1 star if not for the superstar Rajkumar Rao who was bloody phenomenal in his character. He's hilarious and extraordinary in his role. He is the actual Hero of the film who was unfortunately sidelined to be the second hero by the end of the film. I wonder when will writers stop writing characters who are basically bullies but pass them off as people who are just good at heart. Who the hell cares if they are good at heart?

• Jun 21, 2018

An update of the Movie Sarjan with more fun and less Drama

An update of the Movie Sarjan with more fun and less Drama

• Jan 13, 2018

I'm a 90s kid. A lot of the hindi movies made during my childhood were kinda similar in concept and I hated almost all of them. While watching this I kept telling myself that if even one of them had a legit fun and inoffensive script such as is this one, and had a controlled director such as this one had, and had such brilliant actors, I would have had at least one Hindi RomCom that I could go back to whenever I wanted to relax and watch something light-hearted. If the leading couple of this movie was also as good as the supporting cast I wouldn't have had to wish of another Hindi RomCom in the future. It's good and my hopes are up for the genre.