Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero Reviews

• Jul 05, 2020

It is like a longer episode of the show, but when the show is this good that isn't a bad thing.

• May 16, 2020

A good movie needs a good villain. What makes that villain better is his motivations or backstory. Mr freeze is a great villain with an interesting backstory that makes you think and at some points rout for him. He feel for him which makes the movie that much more compelling. good story, good ending, and also Batman.

• Sep 04, 2019

Batman & Mr. Freeze Subzero just feels like an extended episode of the animated series that you always skip.

• Jul 05, 2019

Another superb animated movie that, while not to the level of "Mask of the Phantasm", is another example that Batman may be best animated. The vocal cast remains superb, the standout being Michael Ansara's chilling performance as Mr. Freeze, notably in weaving in brief glimpses of humanity. Behind the camera, writer/director Boyd Kirkland crafts an action packed but emotional story, with some understandable motivations for the villains (Freeze is just trying to save his wife, after all). The mixing of the Bat family is nicely done as well, with Barbara Gordon being targeted with no one the wiser she is Batgirl, while the animation is gorgeous. Despite that, the film doesn't quite carry the punch of Batman films and sometimes feels like an overblown episode over an actual movie. Nevertheless, a great film to watch and another great edition in the Batman animated library.

• Apr 02, 2019

I saw this movie once back in the day, but definitely would say this is one of the animated films from the Batman The Animated Series that I barely touched on. I remember them releasing a ton of toys to market this one, but outside of that I was a bit hazy on the plot. Well this one definitely held up though! This story follows Batman (Kevin Conroy) and Robin (Loren Lester) as they track down Mr. Freeze (Michael Ansara). Mr. Freeze is trying to save his dying wife, by finding a person that has a match for her rare blood typer. And what do ya know Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl (Mary Kay Bergman) has just the blood. So, Mr. Freeze kidnaps Barbara and brings her to his lab. Meanwhile Batman and Robin have to hunt him down before it's too late. Overall, another solid Batman story. This one fleshes out the Mr. Freeze character much better and you really get a feel for him. He's a villain to a point, but the reason for him being evil is because of love for his wife and the fact that he'll do anything to save her. The movie has a great pace to it and while it isn't as iconic as Batman: The Mask of the Phantasm (1993), this one is still a solid entry in the movie section for the animated show. Overall, if you haven't seen this one I would definitely recommend giving it a look!

• Jan 07, 2019

Michael Ansara is one the best voices of Mister Freeze I have ever heard

Michael Ansara is one the best voices of Mister Freeze I have ever heard

• Jun 21, 2018

Utterly constant towards the qualities from the characterizing voice-acting's charisma and action continues the pleasant viewing of the animated series, but the short-offering bonus is the transitioning animation with a one-time technological upgrade continuing the cinematic canon storytelling in a quick and smooth way to bring a humanized villain's arc to satisfying completion with a warm heart. (B+) (Full review TBD)

• May 18, 2018

Love this.Gives a tragic story to make a good villain great.

Love this.Gives a tragic story to make a good villain great.

• Jan 10, 2018

Batman and Mr Freeze this one was not the best I thought because I like A lot of action on this one didn’t have that it could have been better

• Nov 04, 2017