Batman: The Killing Joke Reviews

• Mar 28, 2020

It's great, because the animation looks like Lilo and Stitch!

It's great, because the animation looks like Lilo and Stitch!

• Mar 07, 2020

I really liked this. At first I was confused and wasn't sure that I was watching the right movie, but then I realized the first 25 minutes is a prequel. I really liked what they added for Batgirl. It makes her story more powerful when we get to what happened in the comic.

• Feb 22, 2020

There were some weird parts but overall is worth seeing.

There were some weird parts but overall is worth seeing.

• Feb 18, 2020

So... that was a waste of my time.

So... that was a waste of my time.

• Feb 13, 2020

The Batgirl part of this was horrific. It wasn't part of the original story, and was simply creepy. Ruined what should've easily been the best Batman animated feature.

• Feb 07, 2020

Just think about it - at some point someone at WB read the script and said "okay, let 'em make it", not realizing how much it bastardizes the source material, which to date i one of the mot famous and beloved Batman tales out there, thus it's only obvious fans would feel protective of it. Depite S tier voice acting talent involved in this trainwreck, there's so little they can do, when the script is utterly abominable, and art is painfully primitive, lacking Brian Bolland's details and depth you can experience while reading the comic. So go and read it, don't wasste your time on this desecration.

• Feb 01, 2020

The killing joke material is done very well, the side Batgirl story is so so bad.

• Nov 23, 2019

Truthfully was expecting more when I read the comic and went straight to the movie. The first thirty or so minutes of the film really do nothing but show off an unneeded and unnecessary sexual relationship between Bruce and Barbera, and to make people feel sorry for Batgirl later on. Once the actual story kicked in, for the most part it was very accurate to give credit with only some lines removed, but I felt the animation was really lacking compared to what it could have been. Overall, not great but worth a watch if you liked the comic, just skip the first half hour as it provides nothing to the Killing Joke story.

• Nov 10, 2019

Besides Hamill's joker and despite the short runtime, this movie is nothing but a dragging, direct-to-video style animated, cliched copycat of a joke.

• Nov 08, 2019

I'm not a HUGE Batman fan, but I've certainly experienced a lot of Batman over the years in TV, Movies and Video Games and this... just... sucks. Everything about this is bad: voices are wrong, writing is wrong, plot is wrong. I'd expect this for a thrown-together 80's/90's cartoon, but this is just unacceptable today and in movie form. So many amazing interpretations with Christopher Nolan, the Telltale games, the Arkham games, even his appearance in Injustice and Injustice 2 that this is just insulting.