Beauty and the Beast - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beauty and the Beast Reviews

May 29, 2017
Great live action version of the original. If you loved the original, you'll love this new take on it.
½ May 29, 2017
A wonderful live action spin of the disney classic, some nice extras have been included in the story to bring it alittle closer to the original story HOWEVER the auto tuned singing of Emma Watson is immediately obvious and very distracting - it would have been far better to use Emma's natural voice, flaws and all it would suit the character much better.
½ May 29, 2017
A great retelling of a Disney animation classic. Great job casting and beautiful cinematography. Emma Watson shines; she's perfect for the part! I also liked the original twists to the story.
May 28, 2017
Well acted, great songs and stunning visuals in a fantastic remake.
May 28, 2017
Good movie overall and the effects were fantastic. Drawn out in parts where it felt like it started to stage.
May 28, 2017
A beautifully realized live-action adaptation of the animated classic; rarely straying from the source material, but drawing emotion from it that hadn't been drawn before.
May 28, 2017
very good even better than I was expecting.
May 28, 2017
This movie was excellent! They stayed true to the animated version. And kept the music.
May 28, 2017
Ugh. I was really looking forward to watching this movie; I figured that even with some modernization and pandering to political correctness, it would be pretty tough to mess up.
Unless, of course, the CGI is brutally bad (perhaps to not scare the kiddies?), the extra song numbers are plainly cringe worthy, and the movie drags on and on, without any of the magic of the animated original. Sure, there were some pretty scenes, and Gaston was a gem, but overall, bad movie.
May 28, 2017
I really enjoyed watching this. We get more backstory on why the beast was cursed, where belle's mother is, and more. The music was great.
May 28, 2017
Follows the original story line but still good modern take
May 28, 2017
Boring for adults and too many terrifying parts for young children. Disney, I've had it with you taking it upon yourselves to desensitize our children to death and murder. That will happen, soon enough, I assure you. Let them be little, at least for a little while. Bring back the Disney charm and delight, in a new and innovative way, instead of trying to copy other Studio's popular movies about magic... and a poor copy, at that. What a horrible waste of time! If your children are still innocent, happy, healthy, and well-adjusted, do yourself a favor and keep them that way by waiting on this one until they are not, anymore.
½ May 28, 2017
So good!! so good! If you have seen the original animation or the broadway play this does amazing well to make it a great trifecta for Disney.
May 28, 2017
It's not for under fives but it can be really good for any age over
May 28, 2017
I had such high hopes for this... not as good as it should have been...
May 28, 2017
Amazingly entertaining movie. CGI effects were first rate and the casting was pitch perfect. The standout performances were Emma Watson as Belle, Kevin Kline as Maurice, Luke Evans as Gaston, Ewan McGregor as Lumiere, and Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts. Brought my childhood favorite animated classic to life as best as could be imagined.

Emma Watson was a fabulous casting choice to play the role of Belle. The only other actress who comes to mind that might have played it as well is probably Keira Knightley. Both actresses are talented, with fearless, strong-willed, independent personas combined with their sweet, charming, and natural European born speaking accents that fit well the European style setting and background of this movie's storyline. Emma Watson and the other cast members all gave solid acting and admirable singing performances all-around. Great accomplishment to everyone involved in the movie! Congratulations to the movie on becoming only the 8th movie US Domestic box office history to gross $500+ million (passing the milestone this weekend) in it's theater run!
May 28, 2017
Esta pelicula es genial, me encantó, los efectos de animación, el reparto, los musicales... nada que ver con la cenicienta, que fue un asco.
A charming version...
Nice additional score...
May 28, 2017
not a bad reboot, but I don't understand why Disney is so obsessed about making money off of remaking their great classics just for costumes and visuals. The movie is good, don't get me wrong, but this new remake gets slow and cheesy plus very uncomfortable to watch.
May 28, 2017
I have not seen the movie.
Early on it was quite clear the Ema Watson who while a brilliant actress was both physically and emotionally entirely wrong for the role.
Emily Clarke or someone with a "softer" and more physical believable resemblance to the classic belle is 50% of the role. Not to mention, in real life Emma's well established persona is that opposite of Belle.
I can't imagine why she was the directors first choice in the sea of Hollywood actresses. She's not a versatile actress, nor does she have many female fans.