Beauty and the Beast - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beauty and the Beast Reviews

Page 1 of 213
March 13, 2018
In spite of familiarity and my hatred for Emma Watson, Beauty and the Beast is a delightful live-action reboot with updated singing performances and dazzling eye-popping visuals.
½ March 10, 2018
Well done adaptation of the animated feature. Fun to see it brought to life.
March 7, 2018
A really good live action to one of the most beloved Disney Toons of all time.
½ March 6, 2018
Já sem grande memória do clássico de 1991 aventurei-me por esta reencarnação do conto Beauty and the Beast, e fiquei deveras surpreendido. Projetar no grande ecrã os seus filmes de animação, como por exemplo Cinderella (2015) e The Jungle Book (2016), mas desta vez filmados em ação real, é a mais recente aposta da Disney e tem sido criticamente e financeiramente um triunfo. Esta obra segue a mesma tendência.

Maravilhas há a dizer sobre este filme. A história sobre um príncipe amaldiçoado (Dan Stevens) e uma jovem (Emma Watson) que se deixa enamorar. É, na sua essência, um verdadeiro conto de fadas. Assume características de um musical rico em história e personagens únicas, apresenta uma produção luxuosa e envolvente, que me conquistou nos primeiros minutos, e continuou a vislumbrar. Reparo apenas que os cenários em segundo plano pareceram demasiado artificiais em certas cenas.

O romance sucede com a troca de experiências entre as personagens e não apenas porque é necessário que aconteça para avançar o argumento, as atuações foram charmosas e compreendiam em si uma qualidade muito Disney. O diretor Bill Condon orientou bem os atores para performances mais surrealistas, evitando cair no exagero, para não desconectar a audiência das personagens e dos imensos comentários sociais que subtilmente iam sendo feitos.

A profundidade temática está a par com o brilhante aspeto visual. Não só compreende uma história clássica, com números musicais soberbos (uns mais que outros, é certo), como também invoca mensagens extremamente contemporâneas. Aceita, sem remorsos, personagens homossexuais, encara as figuras paternas como pessoas quentes e próximas dos filhos, promove a tolerância e a ilusão das primeiras impressões. Tudo isto em apenas pouco mais de 2 horas. 

Beauty and the Beast é um filme muito envolvente e relacionável, conseguindo trespassar plenamente a magia desta história tão velha quanto o tempo. É uma conquista de grupo, desde a animação dos objetos ao monstro, passando pelo guarda-roupa e caracterização das cenas. A dinâmica da produção foi essencial para conceber este belo mundo de fantasia que é uma autêntica terapia para a alma.

March 6, 2018
This movie was pure Disney Magic. It had enough changes in the movie to feel different but at the same time, it also feels nostalgic. Overall, 'Beauty and the Beast' was an incredible film and I definitely recommend it to all!
½ March 5, 2018
Emma Watson is terrible as Belle (so dull and not a good choice IMO) and the Beast effects are just odd - why didn't they just use a practical makeup effect? All in all, it's a bland retelling of the classic tale / an almost exact remake of the Disney animated version, but now in live-action form. Boring with underlying political messages (feminism, gay rights, etc.) that only resonate with people who care about such things. Most people just want an entertaining movie and this was just kinda lame.
March 4, 2018
That was amazing! I was amazed by how beautiful it was and Emma Watson along with the other actors, did amazing. Emma Watson is perfect for beauty and the beast. I'm not going to listen to negative people out there. If you think it's horrible and that the actors aren't meant for the characters, then go make your own. Stop whining
March 4, 2018
I really liked this film. It was immensely entertaining and definitely satisfying for all Disney fans. I only had a few problems. One was that Emma Watson was not the best choice for this role. She did just fine, but, I feel that she needed more voice training and her acting didn't seem to be deep enough. I can safely say that the characters apart of it are not too stereotypical. Okay, yes, maybe a teensy tiny bit but it surely won't ruin your experience. I also did feel that at some points there were uncomfortable moments because of how realistic the CGI was on the beast. And in other places the CGI was not ideal. Here are the main reasons why I loved it. The cast in this movie was brilliant! As a huge musical theatre fan myself, I can tell you that I was ecstatic when Audra McDonald came on. I also feel that the flashbacks were done extremely well and were well placed and gave more depth to characters. And, finally, I know I'm not the only one saying this, but, the solo added for the Beast called "Evermore" is positively beautiful and is extremely well done. As a voice student, I can appreciate how much thought went into the crescendos and decrescendos. All in all, this movie is 100% worth seeing even though it may not be 100% perfect.
½ March 1, 2018
An excellent retelling of a tale as old as time. Great production design and a great cast. I liked this movie a lot more than expected.
½ February 26, 2018
If you are a fan of the original animated movie, chances are you will like this as well. The visuals were well done, although I did feel making the characters more real looking took away a little bit of the magic that the original had. I also don't feel Emma Watson was the best choice for the role. She just doesn't have the singing talent, her voice in this movies sounded very fake and auto-tuned. Which also reduces that magic as well. I did like the additional songs in this movie. They were well crafted and sound quite good. Storywise, it is pretty much a carbon copy of the original, so that can be either a good thing or a bad thing. It isn't an original movie, but like I said if you enjoy the story of the original not much has changed here so chances are you will like it.
February 26, 2018
Solid take on a story that has been made so many times over it just gets old.
February 23, 2018
Ugggghhhhh, I really enjoyed some of the other live action remakes of the animated classics, but this movie was just horrible. The pacing was way way off, Emma Watson did a fine job overall but the directing and the pacing and the changes in the music were just horrible. I could not get through the entire movie, had to walk out. The final straw though was the attempt to conform to political correctness.... Hollywood (and Disney in particular) is going overboard on this whole idea, and are ruining the experience for those who either don't share those political views or don't care and don't want to see it in our movies. Too bad and no wonder revenues to Hollywood are falling off.... they are more about political propaganda now than about entertainment.
February 22, 2018
loved it, it was similar to the original but also it had a hint of the original storyline (book) as well.
½ February 20, 2018
There is nothing magical about this film and it's far to violent for children.
February 18, 2018
I'm not really sure why this movie needed to be made. It's pretty much a shot for shot live action remake of the far-superior animated version.
½ February 18, 2018
The story is already a winner, so removing the animation in favour of some popular British icons is a sure fire money maker, although I was surprised to see several scenes still so highly reliant upon special effects. The success of this will no doubt see an influx of Disney classics adopting a similar makeover, so here's hoping the casting entices more vocals like Emma Watson's, as opposed to the memorable attempts that came from Pierce Brosnan's mouth in Mamma Mia.
½ February 14, 2018
This was a wonderful surprised and I found myself enjoying Beauty and the Beast far more than I was expecting. The settings and costumes are absolutely superb, giving the film a realistic yet fantastical feel. All of the performances are spot-on and there is a good mix of humour, drama, and tension. The songs are wonderful and my only criticism was that it was very difficult to understand the words in the opening songs song by choruses. The film is really aimed more at adults than children, containing both dark themes and settings. But this is a magical tale which left me quite emotional in places and is one of the better films I have seen for a while. The second highest grossing film of 2017. D & the MC.
February 13, 2018
|It's an 8.2 out of 10|
February 12, 2018
Finally got around to seeing it after borrowing it from the nearest library. I tend to be extra hard on Disney's films bc they have these magnificent marketing campaigns and spectacular opening weekend numbers, and the product barely deserves it. And this is one example of the product not deserving the hype. The changes to the story from the animated version were hit-or-miss. The jokes fell flat. The new songs made me cringe. Let's just talk about how this is supposed to be a musical, but the main character is not a singer. They should have had Emma Watson lip-synch her parts, but instead they decided to (very obviously) use auto-tune, which was an affront to the senses. But the photography and set design were amazing, which, for Disney, is a given.
February 11, 2018
I loved it! A new, interesting spin on the Disney classic I grew up with. I usually don't like live-action remakes but I love this one. This one was done good.
Page 1 of 213