Beyond Silence (Jenseits der Stille) Reviews

• Jan 01, 2013

You might not believe it's so real, but I speak from experience as a hearing child of a deaf parent, I've experienced all those scenes of translation, fights with my dad, etc. Love it.

• Nov 20, 2012

Worthy of its Oscar nomination for Best Foreign Film that year.

Worthy of its Oscar nomination for Best Foreign Film that year.

• Sep 02, 2012

The stakes are so low that it's hard to get involved, even if the movie itself is perfectly competent otherwise.

• Aug 02, 2012

Stunningly photographed with beautiful musical performances, 'Beyond Silence' lacks a gripping script and the top-notch acting that it needs to make it a real winner. A little disappointing but still watchable.

• Feb 19, 2012

Incredibly moving film about a hearing child born to deaf parents. Well made. Loved it, absolutely loved it.

• Feb 14, 2011

Very naturalistic. Lots of fragments that seemed to go nowhere and little resolution at the end.

• Sep 29, 2009

a very good taking film

a very good taking film

• Aug 26, 2009

Such a cute movie. I normally don't think German movies are that great but this movie was really good.

• Jun 10, 2009

Such a wonderful movie with wonderful actors (even the children!!) and wonderful music!!

• Ina S Super Reviewer
    Jun 07, 2009

Wonderful, quiet film about being yourself.

Wonderful, quiet film about being yourself.