Big Trouble in Little China - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Trouble in Little China Reviews

January 7, 2018
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."
January 6, 2018
Ole Jack always says.. what the hell! This movie really shook the pillars for me as a kid and continues to as an adult.
December 27, 2017
The actors are amazing and I love the story line good job
December 21, 2017
Very attractive women in this movie. John Carpenter know how to find them and cast them I guess. The lightning special effects were awesome. Looks so cool. That girl with green eyes, the white one, is really pretty. I could stare into het eyes for years.

Kurt Russell's sarcastic American humor is refreshening throughout the movie. Pretty odd, whacky, and silly movie. Pretty fun movie that goes quick.
December 17, 2017
This is the greatest thing ever. I can't even imagine not seeing. People who haven't seen this must have a deep sense of emptiness in their lives.
November 19, 2017
4/5. Big Trouble in Little China is a hell of a fun movie. Fantastic effects. funny characters, a ridiculous plot, what more could you want? It's a B-movie that knows exactly what it is. If you haven't seen it, check it out.
November 10, 2017
Makes me question if all 80's movies were parodies of themselves. Five stars, F*** It! my favorite part, the whole thing. Realistic job of capturing 80s Asian American life. speachless.
jamrcla
November 1, 2017
Typical 80's Fantasy/Action movie, Corny dialogue and poor acting by some of the cast, The effects look so dated, It had a few fun action packed scenes and Kurt Russell was pretty good but the whole story was too farfetched for me to enjoy at times.
October 24, 2017
A fun and weird little movie. Nice and silly tale about multiculturalism in America and the White guy definitely isn't always the hero.
October 6, 2017
ok hands down THE movie to sum up the 80s, I mean action, comedy, romance, sci-fi, Kung Fu and Kurt Russell say no more. I wasn't born when this got released but I did grow up watching it on video (VHS) and I loved it (still do) as I got older I was shocked to find out the movie flopped at the box office, as most movies that were made in the 80s were nonsense (I mean mannequin and splash....nuff said) if you find your self stuck one night for something to watch give it go, it's seriously hard not to fall in love with the characters and the soundtrack. And remember if your not back by Dawn we'll call the president.
September 3, 2017
A classic Kurt Russel film. A mix of action, comedy, romance and Chinese mythology. It makes for a very entertaining movie.
August 14, 2017
A fun and entertaining ride worth taking over and over again
½ June 16, 2017
That was ridiculous, ultra cheesy, bonkers and way too over-the-top...which is why I liked it. Kurt Russell is awesome.
June 4, 2017
If there is one thing Jack Burton knows, it is how to make a great movie!
June 3, 2017
Definitely not my favorite Carpenter film. This one uses elaborate sets and expensive special effects in lieu of good storytelling and interesting characters. If it weren't for Kurt Russel's hilarious and incredibly fun performance, this film would be completely forgettable.
June 1, 2017
greatest movie ever made!!!! you can thank this movie for making mortal kombat being created!
May 8, 2017
crazy, weird and fun.
½ April 14, 2017
This movie is just too much fun to not like.
April 14, 2017
Wow, this film had everything. The action, the humour, the soundtrack. I watched this as a Cult Classics night for the first time this year. What a pleasant surprise. This is absolutely Kurt Russell at his finest. If you haven't seen this, I'd highly recommend it.
April 3, 2017
Fast paced, energetic, and brimming with humor Big Trouble In Little China manages to overwhelm its audience with charm despite some dated effects and its B movie troupes.
Grade: B+