Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure Reviews

½ June 17, 2018
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is a charming, warm hearted, goofy and silly movie that all audiences can enjoy and have a good laugh at while waiting to see what happens next. Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter provide a phenomenal comedic chemistry together that will keep you entertained and laughing the whole time.
½ June 14, 2018
It is the most ridiculous movie I have ever seen, and it is one of my favorite movies of all time
June 8, 2018
Harmless 80's fun. As deliberately brain-dead as it makes itself out to be, there are quite a few moments throughout that are cleverly humorous.
June 8, 2018
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is an amusing, frequently even charming and at times funny comedy adventure flick with memorable character interactions and catchphrases, but it unfortunately squandered its solid premise entirely on terrible execution which is frenetic in pacing and thus the two protagonists never get to properly meet and interact with the various historical figures.
½ May 22, 2018
Though I didn't find it too funny, exactly, its helped by the performances of Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter, who make the movie enjoyable enough to watch.
May 9, 2018
What makes this Intentionally stupid and subversively smart romp work so well is how seriously the filmmakers seemed to take getting the time-travel loops as accurate as possible, which softens us up for the endless silliness. Winters is hilarious, & Reeves is giving his most convincing performance ever. Its biggest flaw is the actual report / presentation at the end, which we spend the whole movie building to, & it just doesn't quite live up to its own hype. But who really cares?
½ May 8, 2018
Its probably debatable whether its actually a good movie but these characters are very likable and the tone is very silly and fun thats its hard not to watch it again.
April 21, 2018
A truly earnest movie about how music can save the world from itself? I mean, how can I not love it? Along the way, there's plenty of exciting set pieces, clever use of historical figures and, most importantly, genuine laughs. Of course, the film's big asset is the inspired pairing of Winter and Reeves, which are great friends and that shows.
½ April 20, 2018
So dude like, like, I just had a fun time hanging around with Bill and Ted man! We went on a semi-excellent adventure where we saw these famous people who have contributed to history in some way, shape, or form, and like, oh man this was the tight part, we brought them all back to 1988 and got them to adapt to the pop culture mannerisms of this time! Oh ha ha ha, it makes no lick of sense, but I gotta dig those guitar licks whenever we air guitar at something that was truly 'Excellent!' Doodle-doodle doo! *plays air guitar*
The less said the better because on the surface, Bill and Ted are a couple of numskulls, but they are numskulls who sure know how to have a fun party man.
March 15, 2018
Dude this absolutely comedic gold.
March 4, 2018
Classic, Hilarious, Original, and Timeless.
February 27, 2018
A bit dated now, but I still enjoy watching this movie about 2 airheads who need to pass their history class so they can save the future.
Consistently funny, it helps if you grew up in the 80s and enjoyed glam rock, but mindless fun for all! It is the quintessential 'fish out of water' comedy for himbos.
Please do not watch this movie for things like character development or depth of acting!
December 26, 2017
A very charming and entertaining time travel yarn.
October 24, 2017
Awesome Movie Ever seen, But Bill and Ted fans really loves those guys so much :D
October 20, 2017
A case where a totally silly excuse for time travel is saved by two hilariously wacky idiot teen characters (and the actors that play them) that endearingly make this their own world.
½ September 30, 2017
Funny. Don't know why I am touched by the ending. It's a good piece, and I like it!
September 10, 2017
I think being stoned while watching this is a requirement. Sober, it's a miss.
September 8, 2017
A most excellent 80s comedy, mainly thanks to Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter as the goofy yet charming title protagonists.
August 29, 2017
Totally excellent as Keanu and Alex Winter thrive together. They're goofy but it works and the film unabashedly takes advantage of the time machine in the best ways and jokes. The Napolean side plot is rather unnecessary and premise is as outlandish as ever, but it is a fun ride throughout.