Black Devil Doll from Hell - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Black Devil Doll from Hell Reviews

½ March 22, 2014
Absolutely bottom-of-the-barrel.
½ March 14, 2014
A sexually-repressed church lady buys a magical puppet who comes to life and rapes her, igniting her libido. Basically an elaborate home movie with a piercing Casio keyboard soundtrack, this is not entertainment, but something you watch in awe simply because you can't believe it exists.
June 22, 2012
Temptation, seduction, turning your back on what you believe in, not to mention puppet on human action! This hilarious lowest of the lowest budget film brings humor and astonishment to the viewer.........2thumbs up!
½ May 2, 2012
just because you bought a VHS camera does not mean you should've made a movie.
½ October 2, 2011
Worst horror SOV film ever. 1 death, cheap casio music, Rick James dummy, puppetphelia (sex with a puppet), and Razzie acting.
½ June 20, 2011
A religious Black woman buys a doll from a 2nd-hand store. The shopkeep tells her, every time someone buys the doll it returns to the store soon after. After she gets the doll home, it comes to life and she has sex with it. She decides sex is good and God is bad so she throws her bible away. She has sex with some men, but only the doll can please her. This horror/sex-comedy was horrible, not even as good as I made it seem.
½ September 14, 2010
this has too be the worst movie i ever fyucking scene this movies is a piecie of shit never see this.
½ July 2, 2010
The wo worst movie i ever seen. The direction is so bad and the only reason why its feature length is cause the scenes are longer then they should be and the ending credits is 15 fucking mins long and (this is not once upon a time in the west) the sex is not ertoic but disgusting and the sotry makes no fucking sense. I do not recommned this too anyone unless you wish to torture yourself.
April 20, 2010
Who is Chester N. Turner?! I have to find out! This thing is beyond insane. It was shot on a consumer grade camcorder, scored entirely with a Casio CT-310 and released in 1984 by Budget Video.
A sexually repressed churchgoing lady named Shirley finds a dreadlocked ventriloquists' dummy at a thrift store. The storekeeper tells her of the doll's "strange history" but you can't make out a word of the story because the Casio gets too loud.
Shirley takes the doll home. It comes to life and watches her in the shower. It knocks her out, ties her, naked, to her bed, calls her "bitch" a whole bunch of times, blows smoke in her face and says "Now that you have smelled the foulness of my breath, you will feel the pleasures of my tongue!"
The next morning, Shirley gathers all of the bibles and religious paraphernalia in her house and dumps it in the trash. The doll's gone, though, so she seduces a street peddler. First, though, she tells him all about the doll. ("Hold on, Mama - you tryin' to tell me you was raped by a puppet? I've heard some stories and that is the worst!") She picks up men in bars, too, but none of them can satisfy her so she spends most of the rest of the movie cleaning her house and moaning "God, where is my puppet?" as the camera pans aimlessly.
Chester N. Turner is clearly some kind of genius. He had the audacity to make this, was even able to convince somebody to distribute it and it's still being watched 26 years later. It probably cost less than $100 and I promise you that it's more interesting than anything at the multiplex right now.
½ February 21, 2010
The worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Ever. I hated this piece of crap movie from beginning to end.
November 29, 2009
Not as bad as everyone says it is but no one ever mentions how outright weird it is either. Basically a sexually repressed church going black woman randomly buys a weird thug looking ventriloquist dummy from an antique store then it rapes her and she has her 'sexual awakening' then the doll disappears and the woman goes on a meat train run. Makes sense huh?
½ September 20, 2009
the moive is shot on shito it sucks but you can be shocked at how bad it is it becomes awesome
½ September 13, 2009
Horrible home-video movie. Watch Black Devil Doll instead...
August 25, 2009
This movie makes Tom irate and anxious to the point he will break whatever device it is playing on. Avoid this movie. Unless you can handle the worst of the worst. Have a LOT of alcohol or narcotics, and perhaps a cyanide pill on hand and at the ready.