Blair Witch Reviews

• 6d ago

An absolute disaster from start to finish. An abysmal movie that the film makers should be ashamed for ever releasing, let alone spending a whopping $5 million on something that may as well have been recorded on someone's iPhone 4S. There are people starving and then people who think spending so much on so little is okay; the money may as well have been set alight. The temptation to walk out has never been so strong had my friends not enjoyed it that it was actually their second time watching it. The only temptation that was stronger was the that to disown them after dragging me to this snoozefest (for lack of a better word). I didn't even pay for this movie and still felt ripped off. I have also never seen an audience so relieved after a movie ended. It felt like being released from solitary confinement. In fact I would rather endure that. I wouldn't wish this movie on my worst enemy.

• Jan 14, 2020

A lot like the original, just more: more scares, more monster, more intrigue. Fantastic development on the first installment, but with enough modern flair to keep it interesting. 10/10.

• Jan 03, 2020

It does not have the same impact as 1999 despite having better production. I think it's possible to enjoy it as a hobby

• Dec 19, 2019

It's like the Blair Witch Project but without the magic. It's okay but that's all it is. Just about maybe a decent film. It doesn't make any effort to stay away from horror tropes nor does it try adding anything innovative and fun from the first film. It has a couple nice jump scares towards the end but everything else it just such a basic retread. It's just not in the same ballpark as the original.

• Nov 16, 2019

I grew steadily more disappointed by this movie with each passing "scare", as they never deviated from their formula of simply making the scene far too dark to know what on Earth was going on! The jump scares were entirely based on noise until the very, very end when a quarter-second was used to show a cartoonish villain. Multiple key scenes were done in near-complete darkness and the color of the actors' hair was too similar to know who was doing what. A review of the plot on Wikipedia reveals that one would need a Ph.D in film attention-span to grasp the ending. The acting was surprisingly good though.

• Nov 13, 2019

‘Blair Witch' has a pretty strong start but ultimately—and sadly, degrades to found footage horror clichés and a rehash. 5.3/10

• Nov 11, 2019

Total garbage and not even remotely scary. A 5-year old could have done a better job. Take a video camera, turn it on and provide some meaningless and somewhat unintelligible dialogue. Periodically, maybe every 10 minutes, throw the camera down the stairs, while it is running, and voila......you have this "movie."

• Oct 13, 2019

I want the 2 hours of my life back. Just like the original, this had so much potential...and just did nothing bit rehash and elongate the first one. Avoid at all costs.

• Sep 21, 2019

Mantiene de alguna manera el terror psicológico de la original.

Mantiene de alguna manera el terror psicológico de la original.

• Aug 30, 2019

Blair Witch couldn't off been a humble sequel only if it didn't copy the original.