Blockers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blockers Reviews

½ November 16, 2018
The odd funny moment made me laugh a bit but overall just another generic teen vs adult movie. John Cena, please just stick the the D grade acting you are used to in the WWE. Leslie Mann, well I am just a fan of yours no matter what you are in and you are the undeniable star in this flick. The teen cast are ok and do their best with what is given script wise with the stand out here in my fellow Australian Geraldine Viswanathan, a star of the future this one, I hope she gets some better material to work with in the near future.
November 14, 2018
Not all the jokes in this movie land, but it still offers plenty of laughs and strong performances all around.
½ November 14, 2018
A hilarious teen sex comedy, updated with today's mores in mind.
½ November 8, 2018
Has all the same stupid, inane, crass and vulgar lowbrow antics of Bridesmaids, Ghostbusters 2016 remake, Sausage Party and similar movies of the same ilk. Blockers is a film for the brain dead dumb, dumber and dumbest who are racing each other to see who can convince the rest of the universe they have the lowest IQ of any living, breathing human, and can out-raunch everyone. There is ZERO redeemable value in this movie.
October 31, 2018
Great film. Belly laughs from start to finish. Best teen film since American pie
½ October 27, 2018
Very funny and one of the more original films of 2018, with terrific performances from a great ensemble - especially Leslie Mann and John Cena.
October 21, 2018
funny movie. John Cena was funny.
½ October 19, 2018
Hilarious at times, but lulls at others.
½ October 11, 2018
Finally, a deserved hit for Ike Barinholtz as the lead.

John Cena also stands out and Mann is always the way to go. Of the youthful trio, Geraldine Viswanathan steals the movie.

Once again, Kay Cannon demonstrates the importance of having women in roles of creative power. Blockers show that with creativity and work, you can be grotesque, rough and offensive while remaining intelligent, dignified and inclusive.
October 9, 2018
Ok, definitely not for kids but we thought it was pretty funny
½ October 2, 2018
Funny but predictable.
September 25, 2018
A little bit feminist, which I appreciated..Fun times, but not sure it will become a classic.
September 23, 2018
This movie is underrated. It is hilarious, and pulls at your heartstrings. It engages with the emotions of the parents (fear of being alone, spousal resentment, poor communication) and the teens (independence, self-discovery, and exploration). It will make you laugh (especially Cena's scenes, and maybe even cry a little. It's a classic in my book.
½ September 18, 2018
9.18.18 library dvd @ home w/Sh
September 18, 2018
Hilarious!! Relatable & likable characters. Good plot & pacing. If you're not a parent, you can relate to being a teenager. If you're a parent, you see 3 parents deal with teenage years, prom night, & the time of letting the little chicks leave the nest. Kudos to John Cena! The most acting I've seen him do...& he was authentic, believable, and a delight! Definitely recommend watching this movie at least once!
½ September 18, 2018
So funny with some rising stars of comedy.
September 16, 2018
They tried to make this a raunchy movie, but all the raunchy scenes involve just ONE actor. John Cena has a bunch of funny moments, but it's not enough. I did appreciate the focus on the girls' bodily autonomy though. Very much.
September 12, 2018
To be honest, I thought the trailer made it look funnier than it was. It had it's moments but I ended up being more annoyed with the parents than entertained... I guess I'm to old for this shit (and I'm not even a parent... hey, maybe that's the thing).
½ September 9, 2018
John cena is starting to become a iconic comedian. Funny story of parents trying to stop the children from having sex in prom night.
August 29, 2018
Worst movie of the year, all the SJW nonsense, none of the laughs. The only reason I don't give it half a star is that RT will ignore the score if I do.