B.O.B.'S Big Break - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

B.O.B.'S Big Break Reviews

October 13, 2013
One of the best shorts I have ever seen! I give it a 99%
June 16, 2013
Better then the original movie.
December 10, 2012
B.O.B.'s Big Break is another Dreamwork's short featuring the monsters from Monsters vs. Aliens. While not as good as the full length film B.O.B.'s Big Break is better than other shorts from the series and provides a few good laughs with some great voice talent by Seth Rogen, Hugh Laurie and Will Arnett.
November 3, 2012
This may only be a short 14 minute 3D bonus feature but it was great fun. The 3D was effective and well used within the narrative, small though it was, and overall the short knew what it was about and how to deliver.

The feel was almost identical to full feature and since I and many of us have only seen the 2D version of āMonsters Vs. Aliensā?, this was a bit of treat, a sample of the dimension that we didnā(TM)t see.

Enjoyable from start to finish, with a nice, simple story arch with a satisfying conclusion. Recommended.
½ October 14, 2012
Yes! Yes! Yes! They should give the president his own movie also
Directors Cat
½ August 16, 2011
The 3-D was actually really good. It's a funny short film that was funnier then the main feature but the plot wasn't all that great, still pretty good by staight to DVD standards.
½ May 22, 2011
The character of B.O.B. is hugely charming for all his clueless glee. His positive energy keeps the short film from turning too dark, and his mind-reading ability and general blobbiness is pretty funny. But the narrative arc is rather predictible, which is fine, but nothing to get too excited about. B.O.B.'s Big Break lacks inspiration. It has its funny moments, but there aren't enough to put it over the top. Two creatures attempt to blow up their friend with a bomb. The trio fights against an evil military foe by throwing gelatinous blobs at him and engaging in angry (though funny) exchanges, and a jet goes up in flames. Viewers can choose 2-D or 3-D, and the latter cranks up the intensity.

VERDICT: "Rental" - (Mixed to Negative reaction). These films are only worth renting because of certain good things that are worth seeing, but are not worth paying at a theatre to see due to bad things that overcome anything good.
February 17, 2011
Cute mini movie that I got FREE with my Monsters vs. Aliens DVd. 3-D was alright but still it is blue and red 3-d so you shouldnt be expeting much
February 7, 2011

½ December 8, 2010
A fine little story, with the characters from Monsters vs. Aliens.
I always like these short-stories from Dreamworks and Pixar.
August 24, 2010
Its was a good short film.
Just a little too short.
It was very funny like the movie.
But only 13 mins long.
July 24, 2010
I found it odd that I have watched this animated short before I have ever seen the "Monsters Vs Aliens" movie. Oh well I still enjoyed it. You don't have to see the original film to like this. A fun animated comedy in 3D about three aliens trying to escape the human prison. My favorite character was Bob voiced by Seth Rogen. Very funny. The animation is solid and the 3D effects were okay. A good short film for those who enjoyed the original movie. Plus a good watch for kids and the family to enjoy.
April 17, 2010
Evil laughs aplenty.
½ March 29, 2010
This 3D short film is pretty cool with fun 3d graphics! In the DVD, You'll find a 3D game called Paddleball for 3D glasses! Cool DVD, isn't it?
November 22, 2009
Kind of stupid. It didn't make much sense. Nevertheless, it was fun.(A lot better than some of the recent The Simpsons episodes. Especially the new Treehouse of Horror XX.)
November 1, 2009