The Bourne Ultimatum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bourne Ultimatum Reviews

September 16, 2017
Want to see this with Chris!
September 15, 2017
Predictable from beginning to end. I actually got nauseous from the camera movement. We get it. It's supposed to be suspenseful and frantic. How about showing that thru the plot like a good movie should? Don't just shake the fucking camera!
August 19, 2017
One of the best spy movies of all time, The Bourne Ultimatum takes everything great about the first two films and dials it up to eleven. The action, acting, direction, and script are all top-notch, adding up to a thrill ride that grabs you and doesn't let go.
August 6, 2017
Awesome ending to a fantastic trilogy
August 2, 2017
The Best Jason Bourne's Movie
½ July 20, 2017
Just like the previous Bourne movies, this is mostly action packed which I love. Matt Damon was awesome.
½ July 13, 2017
'THE_BOURNE_ULTIMATUM' was_directed_by_Paul_Greengrass_and_stars Matt_Damon, ?David_Strathairn_and_Julia_Stiles. ?Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) continues his international quest to uncover his true identity. From Russia to Europe to northern Africa to the United States, he must stay one step ahead of those who would capture or kill him before he has a chance to discover the truth.

I didn't like Identity. I liked Supremacy. I adored every second of Ultimaum. This is easily the peak of the trilogy(and allegedly franchise as a whole). It encapsulates the good from both movies and improves drastically on the flaws I had with them films. No Marie Kreutz from Identity. Easily the Bourne franchise's best villain and no contest the best action. Greengrass is the only current director who can use hand held cam effectively and he perfected that craft with Ultimatum. He was working there with Supremacy but ironed out all the chinks with Ultimatum. This is easily the best movie in the trilogy and maybe even one of the best action movies in recent memory.

Where do I begin in complimenting this movie. I guess the story would be a great place to start, and what a brilliant story it is. Gilroy, Nofil and Burns have made a spectacular story that is gripping and enthralling from beginning to end. It is interesting and I would argue the best story of the three, even though Supremacy is technically the better thriller(for me). I've heard many people refer to this franchise as the 'Smart Bond' but I've never believed them until now. One small sequence in this movie(and a ridiculously clever way to intertwine Supremacy and Ultimatum) changed my entire outlook on this nickname and made me believe it. It is the thinking man's Bond. Not that I don't love Bond, it's just Mert Dermon is smarter than it. I defy anyone to tell me that the ending of this movie is not perfect. It is exhilarating, it ends on a cliffhanger but also complete finish, it's smart, it's engaging; it's the perfect way to end this trilogy.

Mert Dermon is spectacular in his role as Jason Bourne. The arc he experiences over the course of the trilogy is brilliant character development and Damon sells every single scene of it. It is probably his best performance, purely because of what he managed to do to the character.

David Strathairn was great as Noah Vosen and provided a great mental foil for Bond. On the subject of Vosen, the villains in this movie are by far the best out of any Bourne film. They are smart, interesting and most importantly have a purpose. As much as I enjoyed Supremacy, Yuri Gretkov had little to no relation to Bourne and that made his character so much weaker. The villains in this movie, however, make sense and that instantly gives them an edge over the 'competition'.

Julia Stiles plays a much larger role in this movie than the previous one and does it very well. She is filling in for Marie Kreutz and I actually prefer her to Kreutz. I also love how they don't try to force some love story between the her and Bourne. This is the maturity and evolution we need in film. Not every woman should be treated as merely a sex object or as a relationship starter for the masculine lead character. They can be interesting without the need for forced romance. Take notes Hollywood, take notes.

Joan Allen plays a much smaller role in this movie for me but I still admired her performance just as much as in Supremacy. She holds her own against other character and provides a useful ally for Bourne.

I have said it once, I've said it twice, I'll say it again; Paul Greengrass is the only man alive who should be allowed to use hand held camera. He uses it to add realism to the sequences and make them arguably more intense. He doesn't use it to obscure an actor's face and their movements so we can paint a picture of what is happening in our minds. It's truly admirable that he is the only living human that can do something that should be so simple.

Leading on from the action, this movie is full of it. Two sequences stick out for me and both are excellent. The police chase sequence is probably one of the best action set pieces of the 2000s, and I don't say that lightly. Greengrass' use of hand held cam(I refuse to refer to it as shaky cam in this instance) helps sell the realism and urgency of the action. It doesn't feel well rehearsed(even though it is) and that makes it seem so much more grounded and real. Greengrass cleaned up his act with action and hand held cam and perfected the craft of it since Supremacy. Very, very impressive. Very enjoyable to behold.

I love the score of this movie. It is utterly fantastic and spectacular and I adore it.

My main and only issue with this movie was that I never felt Bourne was in any immediate danger. I never doubted he'd escape or survive. They basically make him a god and that made the film lose stakes. Not that it takes away from the action, when the action gets going; you don't pay attention to this, but if you take a step back, you realise that there was 0% chance he'd lose any fight. I know that losing would be out of character but I would prefer to see some sort of weakness that he had to overcome.

In conclusion, Ultimatum is a very enjoyable and widely accessible action/thriller. I don't think seeing the first two films is required to like this movie but it is recommended. I definitely recommend you watch Ultimatum, and specifically recommend you watch the trilogy back-to-back. I'll rate The Bourne Ultimatum 9 'COME ALONEs' out of 10. Please see it; it is awesome!
July 8, 2017
otra Bourne,para seguir con la saga...
June 26, 2017
This is my favourite movie in the Bourne series. This movie is a non-stop thrill. It has an excellent plot and Paul Greengrass pulls of the shaky cam wonderfully and once again Matt Damon is excellent as Jason Bourne.

9.6/10
June 21, 2017
This is the best of the series, great action and great story. There are also new actors who are brought on that are very intriguing, you really care about the characters. There is also great tension. Definitely rewatchable!
June 19, 2017
Nauseating camerawork.
June 16, 2017
Probably the best Bourne film to date, The Bourne Ultimatum is a smartly written (who could forget that scene where Bourne guides the English reporter dude Ross through the train station in Waterloo?) film that once again shows that Matt Damon is still a good action star. While the shaky camera kinda put me off back in Supremacy, this time around it works perfectly as I pretty much embraced it. The action sequences are every bit as thrilling as you might expect with my favourite action scene being when he fights against the "asset" -what's his name again? Oh right, Desh - with Bourne doing some amazing rooftop jumping. Probably the most memorable scene in this film. An amazing way to conclude the original trilogy. *sarcasm* I can't wait to finally watch and review that Bourne movie with Hawkeye in it rather than skip it and go straight to the 2016 sequel to the trilogy, Jason Bourne for the sake of reviewing these films in a chronological order. Ain't this world we live in great?
June 11, 2017
Powerful conclusion to the Bourne Trilogy!
June 10, 2017
Best fight scene ever!!
½ June 1, 2017
Concluding the trilogy with aplomb, The Bourne Ultimatum wraps up Bourne's arch nicely with more great action and a generally tight script.
May 18, 2017
The best of the original Bourne Trilogy which is saying a lot considering how much I enjoyed the first two. "Y'know, I always thought that Matt Damon was like a Streisand, but he's rocking the shit in this one!"
April 20, 2017
Great action sequences. Damon beats the crap out of many a' villain with anything he can find. I can even forgive the cliched CIA dialogue because this film is so superbly acted and executed.
April 19, 2017
The third Bourne installment gives viewers more heart-pounding, thrilling action from a fantastic performance by Matt Damon and brilliant direction from Paul Greengass.
April 6, 2017
Insane action and Jason Bourne taking care of business!
March 7, 2017
Badass end to the 'trilogy'. Bourne has never been better and neither has the direction and action scenes.