The Bourne Ultimatum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bourne Ultimatum Reviews

April 20, 2017
Great action sequences. Damon beats the crap out of many a' villain with anything he can find. I can even forgive the cliched CIA dialogue because this film is so superbly acted and executed.
April 19, 2017
The third Bourne installment gives viewers more heart-pounding, thrilling action from a fantastic performance by Matt Damon and brilliant direction from Paul Greengass.
April 9, 2017
Probably the best Bourne film to date, The Bourne Ultimatum is a smartly written (who could forget that scene where Bourne guides the English reporter dude Ross through the train station in Waterloo?) film that once again shows that Matt Damon is still a good action star. While the shaky camera kinda put me off back in Supremacy, this time around it works perfectly as I pretty much embraced it. The action sequences are every bit as thrilling as you might expect with my favourite action scene being when he fights against the "asset" -what's his name again? Oh right, Desh - with Bourne doing some amazing rooftop jumping. Probably the most memorable scene in this film. An amazing way to conclude the original trilogy. *sarcasm* I can't wait to finally watch and review that Bourne movie with Hawkeye in it rather than skip it and go straight to the 2016 sequel to the trilogy, Jason Bourne for the sake of reviewing these films in a chronological order. Ain't this world we live in great?
April 6, 2017
Insane action and Jason Bourne taking care of business!
March 7, 2017
Badass end to the 'trilogy'. Bourne has never been better and neither has the direction and action scenes.
½ March 5, 2017
Maybe the best movie in the Bourne series, the movie explores Bourne's past and reason why he is in this mess. Wonderful actions and fast paced movie. As usual the stunts looks quite real and thrilling.
½ March 2, 2017
"The Bourne Ultimatum" is another good addition to the Bourne collection - it still carries over the intense action (and adds more) from the first two movies in this franchise, and keeps a very good pace to keep it a very entertaining thriller action movie. Matt Damon (Jason Bourne) kills it again, this movie is more about his character than the other ones in my opinion, and as we are taken through the flashbacks to get a glimpse of what Jason Bourne used to be like, the stellar acting from Damon adds to the mystery and suspense as he slowly starts to remember things from his past, which I found to be really well done. The actions scenes are carried out very well, the chases were executed in a way that kept them exhilarating, and some of the things that Jason Bourne does in this movie is just so damn clever, and each line that he says once again seems like it was worked on for weeks by writers, they're that good. The only thing that made me like this movie less than the other two, however (yes, I know this is most people's favourite Bourne movie), was the sub-decent side characters. The only character besides Jason Bourne that I didn't mind was Joan Allen's character (Pamela Landy), where everyone else I felt was just put in just for the sake of having enemies/allies for Bourne to use throughout the movie. Although I probably wouldn't have cared much about the side characters anyways, the addition of Marie and others in the first two made me enjoy those more than this one. Nonetheless, "The Bourne Ultimatum" is a great time, filled with heavy and entertaining action sequences, and continues the hot streak of the Jason Bourne franchise, it is definitely worth the watch.
February 20, 2017
Very good action. If you liked the first 2, you'll love this one as well.
February 19, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: After proving itself with gritty on-the-ground action and espionage excitement, the Bourne franchise returns to impress by balancing the focus both on Bourne (as in the first installment), and on the corrupt CIA. The Bourne half is definitely where this one excels most though, as the character is finally given a little more drive in his arc, and thus more room for development. This makes the action all the more exciting too, particularly towards the brilliant final act where everything comes to a head very nicely indeed. On that note, 'Ultimatum' undoubtably contains the best action in the franchise so far, which is a very big achievement indeed.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Unfortunately the espionage side that worked so well in the second installment is slightly less engaging here, and we instead resort to a slightly duller and drawn-out plot with far fewer interesting twists and turns - even it is great to see the lines between good and bad blur even further.
VERDICT: This works because the Bourne-isms are upped and the focus is put back on Jason himself. Imbetween though, there's arguably less excitement than before.
February 11, 2017
Has to be my favourite in the franchise, great performance, smart direction and intelligent decisions from Jason Bourne which mislead the CIA and Tread-stone. Learn so much more about Jason Bourne's past from brilliantly placed flashbacks. Great ending too!
½ February 9, 2017
Great editing and creative action scenes, but the middle part is not as exciting as its ending and opening.
January 19, 2017
Taking a step above the previous installment, Ultimatum ends this trilogy with style.
½ January 14, 2017
Unrelenting and non-stop. The fast paced camera work of Greengrass has not since been matched.
January 7, 2017
Top Bourne movie so far.
½ January 6, 2017
love these films so hard for me to watch shaky cam please stop using this techniques was sick after the first 45 mins of this film had to leave cinema
January 5, 2017
I'm waiting until they're done making all the movies to watch them.
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 2, 2017
The Bourne Ultimatum is a NON STOP action thriller masterpiece. The action is incredible(Bourne v Desh is the best), the script is clever and brilliant, and the plot feels like it can turn at any moment from an average action movie. There isn't a single moment in this movie that feels out of place. Arguably one of the best 3rd installments and in my top 5 action movies of all time, you don't even need Identity or Supremacy for this movie. Those movies are like setups. I'd definitely recommend this fast paced thriller.
½ December 19, 2016
A worthy ending to an amazing action trilogy
November 28, 2016
More clever, more intense, more high quality shots, and just a bit too much cheese in the melodrama department. The story holds together, however, and by the end of Bourne 3 the fate of the main character remains relevant.