Brahms: The Boy II Reviews

• 4d ago

I was surprised to see Katie Holmes on the screen again. The movie wasn't as good as the original, but it was still pretty good.

• 5d ago

Seamless storyline sequel to the second. It has quite a bit more jump scares than the first and is a continuation of a really fun, unique, and charming horror story. The visual twist at the end is like something gruesome out of Tomie. Everyone that posts one star reviews seem to be the type that think Marvel blockbusters are the pique of filmmaking, this is a good one.

• May 23, 2020

This movie was very disappointing. The first movie held a lot of original thought and brought the term "horror" to a new height. The boy, Brahms, was being held hostage inside the families walls of their home to hide him from authorities since he was a suspect in his childhood friends murder/disappearance. He had a "mental illness" of a sort I presume because he was the reason why the doll itself was seemingly "possessed." The ending had an astonishing plot-twist that was creative and innovative as we find out he had been controlling the movements of the doll the entirety of the film. When the second movie came out I was excited to think that maybe Brahms had come back to life or that the doll itself was possessed by the spirit of Brahms or something very similar. My expectations where very high. Maybe it was my fault for holding such high expectations but this movie was a complete disappointment. (SPOILER ALERTS) The doll is actually possessed the entire time we find out but there is no explanation as to the origins of this haunting or doll possession. Is it cursed? Is it a demon? We find out that it has, in fact, been haunting other families for centuries even before Brahms and his family were ever murdered/killed. So who is this doll? Is it a demon? There was absolutely no explanation and it was rather infuriating since it made the entire "series" feel like a lie. The camera pans over to the shattered dolls face in the end of the second film to reveal this horrifying demonic like face with teeth for one eye and a white one for the other. The face was bloody and flesh like as it turned to look at the family is was currently haunting. Very creepy and super horrifying, but there was no "ah ha" moment where we realize that there is an odd tie in to the other families this doll has "haunted" and there is no explanation for its origins or how it got possessed in the first place. Sure there is plenty of room for speculation but it is more irritating to have to come up with ideas than be shown them. The directors and screen writers themselves could have come up with a more clever way to express this "haunting" of the doll rather than throw some sloppy ideas together about "he knew you were coming, he knew everything that was going to happen" and end in the way where the dolls "soul" or "demonic presence" made its way into poor Judes body and now they live in unison together within this human form, to generate more money. Bottom line: WHERE IS THE EXPLANATION? Why create a film where the doll was originally not possessed then create a second film (where there are high expectations) where the doll actually is? Sure anyone can make up whatever they want to but with no explanation? This is infuriating to many and all viewers. The directors and screen writers did not seem to give it any thought at all. It clearly seems like they just wanted to put more cash in their pockets rather than create something just as magical and insightful as the first film. As a fellow film studies enthusiast, I found this film extremely talentless, thoughtless, tasteless, and very disappointing.

• May 20, 2020

Brahms: The Boy 2 (2 out of 5 stars). The Boy 2 was lacking the scares and thrills the first movie set up. The story was focused on a family who has had some trauma which they thought it was a good idea there son should keep the boy doll he found in the woods. The story was dull. The acting was flat from the cast ensemble. The script and direction was lacking thrills and suspense. This sequel is a missed opportunity from improving from the first movie.

• May 09, 2020

Definitely not as bad as some of the reviews suggest. Fairly low impact in terms of horror films, more spooky & silly than genuinely scary.

• May 09, 2020

me and my wife have seen the 1st movie witch was really on point with what is happening nowadays in the society but then the second, was half the trailer, half the what the heck is going on inside a doll in 2020? like, who puts pork pie in a doll? i hope, if there is a chance to create a 3rd, witch it seems IMPOSSIBLE, movie, i hope they will explain the possession of the doll. hope this will make the director's name come out of the pile of dolls.

• May 03, 2020

I am still confused on the Movie . I've seen part one but I feel like that was better that this one (the boy 2). I wish I can get my money back .

• Apr 30, 2020

This is a terrible. There was no ending and nothing existing. Over all just the worst movie. DONT BOTHER WATCHING

• Apr 29, 2020

It wasn’t horrible. I’ve definitely seen worse. Yes they added more to the story but it worked out and wasn’t totally off like how some other movies try to do the same thing and completely turn the film upside down. It’s worth watching if you saw the first movie.

• Apr 28, 2020

I personally liked the movie, It's a great movie to watch with your teenage kid. The movie is suspenseful and scary in innocent and simple kind of way, it doesn't leave you hanging or regretting you watched it.